In 10 Years Time...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
AstroDan

This would be my IDEAL park in 10 years time!

SO.

2007: Giant Top Spin replaces Ripsaw entitled 'Ripsaw Revenge' (thrill)

2008: SW5 woodie replaces Ug Swinger (thrill)

2009: Alien style kids play equipment replaces Blade (kids)

2010: Water Coaster replaces Corkscrew (family)

2011: X Sector closed for season for work on re-theme to commence. New thrill Samurai style flat next to the re-themed Haunted House in Gloomy Wood. (thrill)

2012: Submission & Enterprise close for new Bobsleigh indoor/outdoor coaster. X Sector now a Jungle themed zone. Oblivion given new lease of life. (family)

2013: Flume closed for season and removed. Merrie England now just available as walk to KC. All outlets & Tea Cups closed for season.

2014: B&M 4D coaster opens on Flume site entitled 'King Arthur'. Merrie England has been extensively improved and now features castles and better theming. Tea Cups remain after clean-up and improvements. (thrill)

2015: MACK Wild Mouse opens in Cred St. theatre (family)

2016: Air has been improved and a Super Splash has opened behind Air in 'Oasis'. (family)

From 2017, on the 1st year there would be no new ride, just clean ups and area improvements. The 2nd year, a family ride either dark or coaster, 3rd year a kiddy ride and thrilling flat ride and the 4th year a SW scale coaster. This cycle would then repeat.

The price of a day on park is £40 on the day, £30 in advance. A double day ticket is now available for £50 adult and £45 advance as there are now more than 10 coasters on park and you need more time. Park opens 9 - 6 daily, till 7 at peak time. Daily park parade. Henietta returns.
RubyGaga

Reading these makes me feel all nostalgic

Image ImageImageImage
Themeparksandy1981

The price of a day on park is £40 on the day, £30 in advance. A double day ticket is now available for £50 adult and £45 advance as there are now more than 10 coasters on park and you need more time. Park opens 9 - 6 daily, till 7 at peak time. Daily park parade. Henietta returns.
[/quote]

I wish it was £40 to get in as £20 each with a 2 for 1 is great value.
Georgie

a large Vekoma fiffourteenlooper
black hole tent gone... ...for a totally disorientating dark ride.
So close, yet so far...  I feel like using my time machine from that "What would you do if you owned Alton" thread and freaking everyone out.  :P

Anyway, while I'm here... the year is 2024.  I arrive at good ol' Towers Street.  I attempt to grab a map, but instead, there is a QR code.  I zap it with my DSPhone (times change and so must Nintendo).  I look at the map, and the first thing I notice is "New for 2024!  Feel the Rush!"  It seems they replaced Rita with a Mack launched coaster.  Forbidden Valley has also been split into two lands; the original area and arial oasis, which consists of Air and a new water coaster, which, indeed, has replaced the flume!  And on the flume's old site is something to get excited about: a woodie weaving around the trees!  But the valley had not ben completely abandoned either, as there was a B&M 4D there too!  Meanwhile the Smiler was somehow still running and had become really rough but was still a blast to ride!  Opposite, over at Oblivion, something was odd.. it was 1.2 degrees steeper and had a barrel roll underground.  Because why not?  I guess one trick ponies can change thier ways..  The Sonic Spinball was STILL there, as Merlin had rebought the licence for the name for the new Nintendo land in Washington state and wanted to cross-romote the parks.  The theming was much improved, mainly because the new ride had left such an impression with thiers that the old British verion was being shown up, or as Merlin put it, 'as part of 20th anniversary celebrations'.  And no-one cared about CBeebies Land anymore because they didn't refresh the IPs to go with new shows The End.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
lf2001

So it's ten years later (2024), and I'm on my way to Alton Towers. I'm so excited!!

I arrived at 9:00 for ERT, and I parked in the car parks to see a new hotel in the distance near the monorail. The monorail trains had been re-themed into some of the parks biggest rides. When I arrived at the entrance, I entered the park and ran to Forbidden Valley. Upon entering, good old Nemesis was still running, it was still a great ride, but reallyyyy rough now! Next was Air, still normal, same as before, but a bit rough. Behind Air, I discovered SW8, named The Chase. It's a woodie that runs throughout the trees, and it's called the Chase because you're being chased by some wild animal and have to escape.

Early Ride Time was over and I headed through the gardens, which needed some urgent work on, over to X-Sector. The Smiler had just opened, whizzing round the track. Like Air, same as ten years ago, and a bit rough. Oblivion was also there, however it had lost popularity over the years due to other rides opening, and it was just very simple compared to others. But it's still my favourite, and I loved it! Submission and Enterprise were replaced by two other new flats, but I wasn't interested in riding them.

I walked up to the Dark Forest, the Towers were still standing, and had been slightly refurbished. Upon arrival, Rita was replaced by a new launch coaster! It had opened this year and you were sat like you are on Air, drop like Oblivion, and spin upside down 10 times! What a great ride! After the 3 hour queue I finally got on it, and it was great!

After lunch I headed to the Dark Forest again. This time to ride the third coaster in the area, a wing rider! It was much like The Swarm at Thorpe Park, but longer, and flew past 13, and having lots of near-misses.

It was now time to leave. What a great day! Loads of new coasters/rides... Wonder what it'll be like in 2034?!! I'll be back then!
Last edited by lf2001 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inferno Attractions

there seems to be something new every year at the towers so 10 new rides maybe
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
BenBowser

What I hope to find on my 2024 visit:

Walking along Towers Street seeing the towers exactly how they are today before noticing an atlantis themed dark ride on spinball's old site with a 2,500 pph capacity (the 2016 major addition). In its own underwater themed land. With a Magic Carpet on the Beasties old site.

Upon visiting X - Sector, I notice that The Smiler and Oblivion are still standing and are going strong but with smilers issues all fixed. Enterprise and Submission have been replaced by a large space themed simulator.

I then walk along to Dark Forest and notice that Rita has been removed and replaced with three forest themed flat rides, I also notice that Hex has been integrated with Dark Forest. Cloud Cuckoo Land has remained the same but with a new 4D movie and Charlie has been rethemed as a soap factory.

Now getting the Skyride to FV, I notice that Air has seen some more Oasis themeing and a cross valley coaster has opened with a station next to the Air shop. Nemesis has been refurbished and Ripsaw and blade are gone, being replaced by KMG Afterburner. Construction is underway behind Air for a new land and coaster for the 2025 major addition.

Now journeying to Gloomy Wood, but has now been renamed to something less similar to Dark Forest. Duel has had the guns removed and the whole ride has been refurbished and renamed The Haunted House. A family flat ride and coaster have opened in the woods. The whole area has been expanded and refurbished, now containing a major restaurant.

Arriving at Katanga Canyon, I notice that the whole area has been revamped, with the rapids receiving new boats and a new station building, whilst mine train has had more theming added and a new train. New in the area was the 2019 major addition, a large, three drop log flume replacing the flume. The new flume will have a shorter and much less boring layout and travel around the edge of the land, also dropping into the rapids tunnel, (which has also been refurbished and received more theming).

Mutiny Bay hasn't changed other that the addition of a Pirate themed 4D dark ride operating on the Flume lake site. Which was new for this year, 2024.

Alton Towers Waterpark has been expanded, and now has another major waterslide and more kids attractions. As well as a major restaurant.

A high ropes course has opened on the field next to the Alton Towers Hotel as is a pay per use attraction. No new hotels or accommodation, but ATH has had an extension. Extraordinary Golf has received nine new holes and has been refurbished. All holes themed on past areas/attractions have been removed and replaced with more modern scenery.
Burniel

I won't be going because only the rich will be able to afford it
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
mattiepearce

I hope that the air tunnel gets some theming :p