What will they take away from the park in the next 5 years?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Squiggles

As has been said above Ripsaw's place in the park surely depends on it maintenance levels.

The "most popular" argument doesn't really work, as Dynamo was arguably the "most popular" flat ride and then went.
Edwardo..... move me!
MostMagicalCat

The "most popular" argument doesn't really work, as Dynamo was arguably the "most popular" flat ride and then went.
[
haydn!

I don't think anyone knows. It was only in Forbidden Valley for one or two years, and its site stood empty for one year, then the climbing wall added last year. Tell a lie, wasn't there a golf challenge thier the first year?

It was a shame, cause Dynamo did suit the area, and the area suited it. In all its guises, i think its Forbidden Valley theme suited it best.
Anonymous

I THINK that Dynamo's demise was down to high maintenance costs and heavy repairs needed. Don't quote me on that though.
xbullet-theoryx

If AT can afford to keep these flats running then I'm sure they could just relocate some of them and put brand new groundbreaking flats in their place.

Enterprise could be moved to Adventureland or something.

Blade relocated to Merrie England?

Personally, I think ME is going soon. A nice lil refurb would do.
Smile Like You Mean It......
Joe Koopa

I thought I'd post in this thread, now it has been 4 of the 5 years, and we all now what's gone now-

*Toyland Tours
*Cred Street
*Corckscrew
*3D Cinema Tent
*Battle Karts
*Merrie England
*UG Swinger's former location.
DiogoJ42

interesting thread.
almost spooky, I would say!
seanyboyuk

i think enterprise will go soon as they will finally realise how much of a terrible throughput the ride and the ride time is its just using up valuble space. I would only want it to go if something replaces it though.

Ive never ever been on submission as it doesnt look fun to me but i cant see alton gettin rid of it soon as it is newISH.

I think ripsaw will stay for a longtime and probably get a major refurb sometime soon as i think its one of altons signature rides.

Last not least the flume needs to go soon its just horrible!!!!!!!!
jonathan leake

I think Submission needs to go. Send it to Thorpe with those blades on the top of it it would look really goodpainted black and red to go with the saw ride. And the Log Flume needs to go but be replcaed with a new one you just cant have a theme park with out a Log Flume it just wouldnt be right.
NemesisGirl95

[quote=""seanyboyuk""]Last not least the flume needs to go soon its just horrible!!!!!!!![/quote]

Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more. Ok, perhaps it could do with a refurb, and it will never be up to the standards of some of the flume in America ect. and even in March it's quite popular. I think it's too well loved to go (I know Corky was well loved too) and, like jonathan leake said, a theme park doesn't feel right without a log flume of some sorts.
CoasterCrazyChris

Hard to say really - flume, beastie, blade, one of the flats in X-Sector?

Personally I would rather see ride improvements than replacements i.e. more theming and effects added to the CRR.
BSwiss

Could they make the rapids a bit more rapid and with more drops without having to put more safety features in the boaty things?
Alton Buzz

I think the Flume will be the next 'big ride' to go. I would like to see it replaced with a more modern water ride and with a complementary theme.

On the subject of the Rapids, I think with some new features and theming (e.g. elephant animatronics) it could become quite an impressive ride.
Where the magic never ends.
CoasterCrazyChris

Yes, both of the parks main water rides are nothing short or more than "AVERAGE".
When you think of AT its water rides are not the features that stand out, unfortunately.
It seems the flume and rapids are the very minimum you'd expect for a park like AT. I say forget the introduction of new coasters (after SW6) and seek to improve these bog standard rides, its the biggest prority.

2011: New flume ride, CRR improvements
2012: New Black Hole attraction - dark ride?
2013: New flats, possibly replacements for all 4 current flats?
AstroDan

I actually don't think there are major problems with Congo River Rapids - it's actually the best layout of any Intamin rapids I have been on (compared with Splash Canyon, Rumba Rapids, Fjord Rafting, Rhombus & Rhapidus).

Where Congo River Rapids is slightly let down is:

- Boat theming: They need some logo's/theming on the boats
- Cannons: Bring back the water squirters at the end

As for the Flume, there's nothing wrong with the ride - it's just the forest section is a borefest and the theming is lacking on the ride.

Battle Galleons is fine.
CoasterCrazyChris

I actually have to say I like the theme of the flume, despite theme clashes. If maintained well the theme doesnt look tacky but I have to say it hasnt been.

As for Battle Galleons, wouldn't it have been cool if they'd added an indoor dark section too it, possibly travelling thru a sunken wreck???! Maybe too little space, but would of still been cool.
haydn!

Yeah, the rapids only needs 'minor' changes. New, themed boats similar to those used by Disney at Animal Kingdom and California Adventure would fit the theme perfectly. Then water cannons both automated and guest controlled would finish it off nicely!

CoasterCrazyChris

I might be outstretching the word "minor" here but I always thought it would be good to eventually see the tunnel themed, and the edges of the concrete channel visible above the water line getting a more "raw" edge. Rocks and boulders added etc.
Tonka_UK

Blade will go soon.
Submission should go purely on the basis of it being a ball crushing leg wrecking bore.
mats

[quote=""Tonka_UK""]
Submission should go purely on the basis of it being a ball crushing leg wrecking bore.[/quote]

Agreed.

Now don't shoot me down for what you're about to read. :roll:
We were on park again today talking to one of our sources who told us about Nemesis' foundation issues. Another source (reliable) told us earlier this year that 2010 will be the last season for Nemesis due to the foundation problems, but I remain somewhat sceptical about it, as I'm sure most other people here do! Either way we've finally written an article on it. :)
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource
http://www.ukparknews.co.uk