What will they take away from the park in the next 5 years?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
riderita

apart from toyland tours and other rides that are set to be "transformed" what do you think will be taken away from the park??? and can we exect to see some oldies coming back to the park (dynamo, bone shaker etc)
Binternet1985

Enterprise and ripsaw may go the distance.
Satch

Considering Dynamo and Bone Shaker have been sold to Mondial, no they wont be coming back, and I dont any other past ride will make a return - they remove them for a reason.

Ripsaw is likely to go soon, and people seem to be against Enterprise, although I dont think the part would be right without it. Submission should also go due to lack in popularity
Cjw

Enterprise and Submission should only be removed if alton can replace them.

Granted i don't like submission much but i don't wanna see it replaced by a bungee or a golf game.
Adam

i think rapids will get a re-theme in a few years, along with cred street.

Rides that might go i think are Submission, Enterprise and Ripsaw (i love ripsaw tho so i dont want it to) :)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Squiggles

I don't think we'll be seeing the back of the enterprise for a while yet, it has universal appeal. Alas I think the same is true about Submission, as on lists of AT's "things to do" I don't think its very high, being (relatively) unoffensive.

I reckon in the next few season we will see Ripsaw and The Tweenies removed along with either the Cred Street Carousel or Gallopers (or both). I think Cred Street will probably be rethemed (Roald Dahl theme anyone?), as will the Riverbank Eyespy (I think its about time for it to have a retheme).

If any classics rides where to return to the park, the most likely I think would be a magic carpet ride (quatum seems to work quite well at Thorpe, so I don't see why AT shouldn't get one :) )
Edwardo..... move me!
buggy

they should buy it back from M&Ds, although i love the ride, sitting in the rain for 10 mins waiting for them to start it isnt very nice and might be better if AT were running it.

I think corkscrew could be removed in the next 5 years or get some kind of total refurb
I_love_at

I dont want Ripsaw to go to soon, i only had my first go on it a couple of months ago.
Adam

[quote=""I_love_at""]I dont want Ripsaw to go to soon, i only had my first go on it a couple of months ago.[/quote]

same here, ill be really sad when it goes. (wouldnt supprise me if it goes end of this season actually...)
Lozza

yeh i agree, ripsaw shouldn't go (best top sin i've been on!)
i think we could see (imo):
the kiddies area with old macdonalds farm n stuff rethemed or just a refurb
river rapids refurb
ripsaw leave :(
erm can't think f anything else :)
:D
mattarv

I think submission will be going in the next 5 years, due to the fact that its not a popular ride and i dont know of anyone who doesnt complain either about the harnesses being painfull, only one side working or just generally being a boring ride.
SW-Dave

[quote=""buggy""]

I think corkscrew could be removed in the next 5 years or get some kind of total refurb[/quote]

Pre-RITA I would have agreed wioth you, but having just re-done the area, I doubt that will be going soon.

I think Sky line is for the chop, to be replaced by self aimable cannons which you can use to fire yourself to anywhere in the park.
Adam

I think Sky line is for the chop, to be replaced by self aimable cannons which you can use to fire yourself to anywhere in the park.
:lol: Id love to see this added!!!!
Anonymous

OK...

I can see the removal of:

Ripsaw;
Cred. St Carosell;
Submission;

That's it really. I think the next 2 coaster types we'll be seeing is a B&M premier and a Woody. I'd like a Floorless aswell in the next 10 years! Big TT overhaul this year, some kiddy rides and hopefully some dark/indoor attraction's with some flats! Just what they need.

:firebounce:
Anonymous

I think Ripsaw, Enterprise and Submission will all be removed within the next 5 years.
Tom M

No doubt all the "Tweenies" things will go by next year, oh yeah and the Vintage Cars.
Mitchell

That's it really. I think the next 2 coaster types we'll be seeing is a B&M premier and a Woody.
Correct me, but I thought AT said no more coasters anytime soon? :-?
Makusu

I think they'll remove Corkscrew and build some.. Um, family type ride? :o

I'd like to see them turn Ug Land into like a huge American Diner type area, if you know what I mean. :lol:
Anonymous

No :(

Corky ain't goin' NO-WHERE!!! Even if they ride sucks, it has so much sentimantle value it's the best ride in the park. It's looks the part aswell!!!

Removing Corkscrew will remove nearly all of the Alton's antique magic.

SAVE CORKSCREW!!! :P

:firebounce:
Martin1

Corkscrew, wont go. As Mr Burn.e says, it will prove to be a bad idea, but they spent alot of time and effort fiting rita round corkie, they wouldnt put this to waste and get rid of corkie in the near future.

If it becomes unrepairable then i can belive they would get rid, but for now and the distant future, corkie is staying put!