The future of Ripsaw?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Phil

Following on from this, are Ripsaws days numbered?

It's not the first time it's had trouble. Alot of work was carried out on the ride over the closed season and it has frequently had large scale maintenance over the closed seasons.

It's no secret Huss top spins lose their reliability after a few years in oepration, so i'm wondering if this is as serious as it sounds, why bother replacing the motor when in a few months something else will happen and even more money will have to be spent to put it right.

I think this is an ideal oppurtunity to replace a rather old ride. There are many more advanced flat rides on the market today - and although ripsaw is AT's undisputed best flat ride - it's seen better days...

Discuss!
SW-Dave

It would be a real shame to see ripsaw go, its a fantatic ride, and because its in the shadow of nemesis, and having a high capacity, it dosent normally have a long queue.

I fear though that if costs are running high AT will favour cost over maintaining a great ride, seems to have been there way of late
macny1

although i would hate to see it go i think its up for the chop or the cut :P i shouldnt laugh! it doesnt look its best either with alot of themeing missing, the water jes not working (now we know why) but if it does go AT will have to replace it asap as their flat collection isnt up to much and with the best one gone they will need to start looking at installing more quality flats
Ian

This is rubbish news - I'm going to Alton on Friday (my only trip of the year probably) and I love Ripsaw! If you look at other rides like The Blackhole and Dynamo they were scrapped without being repaired yet Ripsaw has had several major repairs.

I agree that if it's reliability is down then it should go but I really do like the ride and how it mixes height, going upside down and water!
Satch

AT should take this opportunity to get a new flat in the park, possibly even before the end of the season. I cant see them repairing Ripsaw anytime soon, given their reluctance to sort the fountains out.

There clearly isnt much life left in RIPsaw, so it would make sense to see to it to replace it with a new high-tech and high capacity flat
Anonymous

There is a point where maintance will become too costly if the right parts are constantly in need of repair. Once that point is found, maybe it will be the time to remove the ride to be replaced with something else. Im nto saying this will be the case, im saying it as purley from a buiness point of view.
Anonymous

I'd love a bigger/better version of Ripsaw because it just is a fab ride. If they could maintain it properly, perhaps it would have more longevity, but I suppose it would encounter the same problem 8 years down the line again! Would a Giant Top Spin go over tree height?

Probably wouldn't happen anyway, so I'll abandon that.

Yeah, a new high capacity, high intensity flat ride. Although Ripsaw has such a small footprint, would there be room??

:twisted: :P
Satch

Hmm, I think if AT made the right choice, there is plenty of room for something else. If needbe, they could extend to the path infron and restructure the paths around there. As long as they dont go for something to large like a gyroswing or similar, it would be perfect for something new.

Yeah, I think a Giant topspin would be seen outside the park, as the tree canopy that end of the valley is lower than where Nemmie's and Air's lifthills are
Alex.

I my-self think Ripsaw's days are numbered. I say removal at the end of the season. Dont get me wrong though, I love it, its just i think its popularity is going to drop over the next season due to the fountains not being aloud on, ( i asked the ride op why they wernt on, during my last visit, her answer was a simple " We just arnt aloud them on anymore")
The last time i was queing up for it, there was alot of moans from unhappy rider's complaing because the fountains didnt spray up.
In my opinion i would prefer to see it go at the end of the season than see it fall into a terrible, uncared for State.
themeparkdude

it would be sad, but at the end of the day, it is no point changing motors and gears, because you might aswell change the ride.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Alex.

[quote=""Kaycee""]
Yeah, a new high capacity, high intensity flat ride. Although Ripsaw has such a small footprint, would there be room??

[/quote]

No i dont think theres room for a new ride.
But i have an idea of what it would be replaced by

Putting challenge anyone????
Josh

I love ripsaw, but it could be a great oppurtunity to replace it.
Maybe a suspended top spin...
Wes

Man thats rubbish! Maybe it should just be put into storage and put back again in a few years as I LOVE Ripsaw.

I don't think I will be the same with a new flat but has to be done otherwise if they remove it then there will be what ... 4 flats on site! Personaly I want to see a worlds first.
a.ndy

Could someone please explain, if its such a massive and imminent fault why Ripsaw is still open today? And why the dryer has come to FV ready for the water to come back?
:D
Anonymous

They could move it into the BH tent so it stays out of the rain. Then you still have the ride and it costs less to run.
Williscroft

Thirst, I dont think the rain is the problem, the problem is is that its been blasted with water jets for 8 months at a time each year for the past 8 years. I think it will get repaird and we will see it in good working order by the end of the season ( well i hope so any way ) they know its a popular ride and will probably try their best to keep it, i herd some one say on my last trip that they couldnt decide whether Oblivion or ripsaw was the best ride on park :shock: dont ask me why they chose ripsaw over nemesis air and rita etc but it shows how popular it is. I will be very gutted if it leaves after this season. :(
Anonymous

[quote=""a.ndy""]Could someone please explain, if its such a massive and imminent fault why Ripsaw is still open today? And why the dryer has come to FV ready for the water to come back?
:D[/quote]

Er...yes... :P

But I don't want to :lol:

a.ndy

[quote=""Kaycee""][quote=""a.ndy""]Could someone please explain, if its such a massive and imminent fault why Ripsaw is still open today? And why the dryer has come to FV ready for the water to come back?
:D[/quote]

Er...yes... :P

But I don't want to :lol:

[/quote]

:tears:

upset me now...

:mrgreen:
Ian

Really a.ndy? It' s still open today? YThere's hope for me yet!

You've no idea how hard this was to type after sevrals beers.... :D
Squiggles

Ripsaw was definately in operation yesterday. (well when ever I was in FV it was running :P)... and I did wonder why there is a people dryer next to it when the water jets are no longer being used. :-s
Edwardo..... move me!