The future of Ripsaw?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Liam

I would love to see a "variety pack" :lol: of brand new flat rides arrive at Alton soon.

Seen as Ripsaw looks at best "un-reliable" i would like to see an extensive investment in flats around the park...

:arrow: I would love to see Ripsaw replaced with a Huss Jump 2 (if thats not too high, anyway they could always dig a big hole :wink: )

:arrow: I would like to see a brand new suspended top spin in Ugland (maybe located next to Rita's first turn, where to royal mail crate is?)

:arrow: A Huss Booster in Adventureland maybe to replace the beastie.

:arrow: For this kids, a Rock 'n' Tug in a new Cred Street

:arrow: Also for the kids, a Zamperla Disk'O in Merry England (possibly where the 3D cinema is)

:arrow: I would like to see a Topple Tower in X-Sector (possibly where Enterprise is so that it dips close to Oblivion - However it would be better to find a replacement for Submission first)

:arrow: .... and last of all a Giant Huss Delirium as part of an extended Katanga Canyon (into the car park/coach park)

Errrm, and BTW this may cost a bit.
Anonymous

Great, those Huss Jump 2's look so impressive - I saw one at a travelling fair and they looked so scary - I refused to go on (this was a few years back!). And the Rock n' Tug would definitely be a great kids ride!

Nice ideas! :D

:twisted: :P
themeparkdude

1. I am glad you support McLaren, because I do :D
2. If you add these, this will just attract more Chavs.
3. But all those rides look fantastic though, Zamerla Disk thing looks good, It would be good in the black hole tent with lighting and wind effects.
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Anonymous

[quote=""themeparkdude""]
2. If you add these, this will just attract more Chavs.
[/quote]

Why? Surely you could say that about any ride? New rides attract more chavs, I don't think specific rides are exactly chav magnets?

:twisted: :P
themeparkdude

does a small kiddie ferris wheel attract chavs? :D

Yeah but I guess you are right
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Anonymous

Yup, The only thing is they piss about on it more.
evil cod

flamingo land has just got a "larger than normal" Disko ride and is actually quite good but very very tame
Makusu

Huss Delirium looks really good. :D

EDIT: I just watched a Video of a Huss Jump 2 http://www.hussrides.com/33GiantJump2.htm

Wow.
Adz
Admin
Admin

This is one ride i would LOVE to see in the UK. It is by far one of the most Intense Flat rides ever created, only a Topscan can beat its power, and even thats a close call.
air_head

I just thought I'd say that Ripsaw was fantastic today! The jets were working brilliantly, and it even managed 5 upside down spins. I was rather amazed to say the least!!!
Joe-07

air_head does that mean you actually came off Ripsaw wet? Just wondering as i am planning on goin to alton towers in a few weeks and i am yet to experience ripsaw with the jets spraying people.
Thanks
air_head

Yep, I came off absolutely soaked, as did everyone else! There was a queue for the dryer at the end. And, it was back to its old tricks of lowering people down into the jets.

I think its safe to say that Ripsaw is back at its best! Yay!
secret weapon 23

Yay, just in time for my trip in a couple of weeks too!

Is it possible that the delay was also to do with the winter weather as well as those of the mechanical kind, now it's Summer they're going again...
Tom M

I recon the Huss Jump 2 would be fantastic in the X-Sector if painted black and orange.

That Suspended Top-Spin looks pretty darn amazing aswell!
EDIT: I wouldn't care one bit if ripsaw was replaced by THIS!
Martin182

Yes But surley its to similar to ripsaw to replace it?
Tom M

Welcome to the forums Martin182, yes it is basicly the same as Ripsaw except without a floor and its double sided - Amazing!
Gashead

They have one of theme rock n tug rides at butlins and for a kids ride its preety impressive
Anonymous

Hmm. Kept out of this one so far. I personally don't care what replaces Ripsaw as long as it goes. It is my least favourite ride at Alton Towers and I still haven't forgiven it for attempting to 'replace' Thunder Looper. Being so close to Blade (a wimp's Pirate Ship - which even Chessie can better with Black Bucaneer) I usually keep my gaze fixed on Nemmie as I walk into FV - to avoid bursting into tears!

In case these opinions sound unjustified, I think that though it looks good, the ride is average at best. Also, if you're going to have fountains that are supposed to get people wet - then get them working - Chessie does!

A clone of Samurai would be ten times better IMO, or even a small well-themed pinfari coaster...
a.ndy

No jets on today ? :-?
and found it bloody uncomfortable (and 3 inverts) :roll:
Anonymous

[quote=""a.ndy""]No jets on today ? :-?
and found it bloody uncomfortable (and 3 inverts) :roll:[/quote]

Air Member said it,
The jets havent been working all season, just a coupel pistols
and this guy is having a laugh, just look at how many accounts hes made, I've lost count of them now.
Your best advice is to just ignore him, and eventually he'll learn to go back and play with his 10 year old mates!