Gloomy Wood...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
themeparkdude

[quote=""Xx King of Speed xX""]
If they had to build anything new it would be a coaster. There are plans for a coaster, it appears to be a Vekoma bike coaster. But they could theme the cars into witches brooms.
Extremely unlikey we'll see those plans emerge.

I strongly think that the booster plans were just another indea for a filler ride, but they chose Rita instead. We all know how Alton thrive for providing totally new and different coasters every time, this would just clash with there normal conduct.

And, there is alot of trees in that area. We all know how much the local love there trees :roll: I think they should leave the area how it is ATM, to have a new huge coaster making noise, and have it really crowded would spoil the atmopshere. There isn't much room for alot of people there ATM and to extend it would also ruin the magic.

Lewis...:D[/quote]

here are some plans

http://www.towerstimes.co.uk/pictures/2005/lcplan.jpg
Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

Anonymous

Yeah.

Like I said, I don't think they'll emerge again.

However though, I now think it'd be perfect for the next SW to go where those plans proposed a Booster Bike would.

Lewis...
Luke excell

anyway the Park maps are not percise the flume runs near the glommy wood and there is storage behind and around duel if thay tried they would clash with other rides or storage making the themein look tacky
Uncle_Adolph

[quote=""themeparkdude""]

Well if a floorless were to be built there. I hope most of the ride is around the trees, otherwise it will be another area they ruin with paths and shops. The could have the station oposite duel. And if they were to build this, it should be in 2008 or 2009. Because we have has the following coasters in the space of three years.

Air, Spinball Whizzer, and Rita. They at least need a 2 or three year break before they start building anymore coasters. There was a 4 year gap between Oblivion and Air. So could we see a 4 year gap from now until 2009![/quote]

I doubt it was true, but when I went to Chessie and Thorpe, the staff at both parks seemed to be talking about it.. Is it strange for Thorpe and Chessie to know/rumour about future rides at Alton?

-Ben
spin_doctor

i think an intense flat ride would be good, like a screamin swing or something around those lines with alton towers secret ingrediant , awesome theming :D
Makusu

I'd like to see a thrilling dark ride. :D

Since the other day after seeing the Huss Jump 2. It will never happen because they'd have to dig so deep. o_o I'd like to see a completely pitch black Huss Jump 2. Haha.. And you could wear them 4D Goggle things! So it looks like Ghosts are coming at you while being sprung into the air! :p

*Goes back to reality* Anything Dark. ^_^
ashhew1985

Nice Idear Makusu.
I think the glommy woods is the best themed part of the park. If you look at the other sections of the park there are bits that stick out:
FV has air
Ug Land has rita

I think if they put maybe 2 of 3 more rides ( 2 Flats and a Coaster ) and new monsters in duel it could be the best part of the park.
Plus i want to use the hunted house's old que line with the tomb stones . i loved that
Blackhole R.I.P
Anonymous

ashhew1985, the bit's that "stick out" are the perfect contrast to said area and couldn't be more at home IMO. Can you honestly say that Ug-Land was better before the arrival of Rita, I think not. The area is buzzing and has never looked or felt better. And air look so amazing near Nemesis, the perfect contrast. Air has the amazing ablity to make your mood totally change from the mysteriousness of Nemmy to a totally relaxed atmosphere. Great!

Gloomy Wood could never have more than 1 big ride their, whether a flat or coaster. The surrounding forest is just too dense, and think of the noice which is now a huge no-no. I do feel it needs a new ride, infact that's obvious, and I think a flat is the way to go. The area still needs to be small and suttle for it to give the same effect and having a huge coaster and lots of people in the area would totall wreck it! I nice hidden away flat and extension of path would be excellent, and imagen the themeing!! I agree Duel needs some more monster, and perhaps a few holograms/special(er) effects here and there, it has alot of potential, as the area does also.

And you the part of the HH path with the tomb stones is still there, it is just an extended queue line and Duel never get's big queue's so it is never needed. I see no reason why they can't open it anyway, it is a great queue for atmosphere!!! I sure don't mind trecking a bit more to get to the ride.
Anonymous

im really torn on this debate, i love gloomy wood being really isolated and creepy and having more rides could damage the environment - however - i love the whole creepy theme and having a haunted house is cliche and something else could be added.

I dont know what I want there if another ride was added but I woud love it to be an extension of the zombie, fightback theme within duel.