Cariba Creek gets space bowl for 2006!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Anonymous

Having been to Cariba Creek recently...I just want to know...where the hell are they going to put it??

:twisted: :P
creekfan

Hey i'm back, long time no posting!

Anyway the ride is supposed to be going in the outdoor area, there is a posibility that some of the existing outdoor slide may be removed although none of this is confirmed.

Facts:
There will be a new ride in cariba creek for 2006/7.

Current designs suggest that it will be similar to a ride called tornado in America.

The ride will be outdoors.

Bye for now...
Creekfan - or should it be Altontowerswaterparkfan!!!! lol
Makusu

I wish they'd install a Kamikaze. :(
Gashead

Ment to look something like this...
Phil

It'll be outside??!!

I wonder how many people they actually expect to Q up for that in the winter months? Not too sure about it....
bigblade40

thats a good pic
bigblade40
Gashead

Peronally i think it would start from the inside unless they make the que line undercover...abit like the little bridge thing on black hole that goes from outside to inside
Ash

I dont think that is it Gashead???

Im sure its like a spacebowl at the lovely,clean waterworld! But you sit in two person rings and when you go down the hole in the center of the bowl you stay in the ring and continue down a second tube to the end???

Its quite good. Ive been on two and you cannot see the hole in the middle until the last moment!!!
dstone_uk
Location: Ug Basketball, Ug Land, Alton Towers, Staffs, ST10 4DB :D

the problem with the one at Waterworld is that i allways heart my bk comeing out of it. i hope at have a better of way of doing it as i just slide down the inside and don;t get round even once on the WW one

(*)corkscrew rules(*)D

themeparkdude

I think it would be something like this.

Visit www.thorpeparkinsider.co.uk
We have a froum, great ride veveiws, and special features which you can not find anywhere else!
www.tussaudszone.com
We have STEALTH TESTING COVERAGE!

teavee

Is it me? Or don't space bowl's just look incredibly unsafe?!!
Anonymous

In theory, they aren't fantastically safe. It's the same as any water slide really, but this is why they warn you that you have to be a confident swimmer before you ride them. You have to handle yourself properly.

The MasterBlaster is hard work as it is, not only have you got to make sure that on the single rings, you don't bash your legs on the side on every twist and turn, you've got to handle the ring in a certain way so you don't end up going backwards and not being able to brace yourself for coming out and most importantly you've got to stay on!! (eh, Craig :lol:)

So yeah. They're safe as long as you can look after yourself in the water :D

:twisted: :P
Anonymous

When I went a boy came off his ring half way round. They stoped the water and the life gaurs slid down the slide and walked him to the end. If you came off and went onto one of the jets that would hurt.

A pool round the corner from me had to close as a boy sat on a water jet. It went up his back side and ruptured his insides. He later died in hospital and this is not a joke.
Williscroft

themeparkdude, That one in the pic you posted looks great fun, i love space bowls and think there safe, well safe ish as ive had many injurys off the waterworld one. Like once i shot down the tube and didnt even go round the edge, instead i just shot straight in to the hole and wacked my head :( Still i went for another go. Kaycee-TTF, Thats what i try to do, spin round on master blaster and ride the hole thing backwards, its great :D I hope we do get some kind of space bowl at CC for next year and i kind of hope its the old traditonal ones like at water world as them ones you do with the dingys would probably be slower and i love speed :D
Anonymous

On the master blaster i seem to always go backwards. I sometimes hurt myself with the water jest. But i think that it will be a great addition to the resort never been on a space bowl but look brilliant.
Cjw

That seems to be a space bowl dingy thing...note the dingys coming out the bottom

Also the one that gashead posted isn't strictly a spacebowl, more of a more intense version. Most of them are at a completly different angle to that.
Ash

Thats what I expect it to look like. That appears to suit the description the best in my opinion.I can say that it is a good ride after riding one in Gran Canaria and it can have many effects put on it.Its something different!