The World of David Walliams

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Morgan

I'd want to see a few family flats take it's place. A CBeebies expansion would be nice and all, but I feel that we need more filler rides for older visitors.
Justin

With the hotel opening, an expansion of Cbeebies is very likely. Hopefully, CCL will receive a makeover/retheme with new rides first, but it does unfortunately come down to money and budgets which I think would be redirected to Cbeebies first.
Robert.W

After hearing that Merlin have gained attraction rights to Peppa Pig, I see an opetrunity for them to open a ride or attraction in CCL to this theme, possibly a dark ride in CATCF building perhaps? I think it makes quite a bit of sense, and Merlin will already have been able to see how popular Peppa Pig was at Paultons.

lewis97
Admin
Admin

Robert.W wrote:After hearing that Merlin have gained attraction rights to Peppa Pig, I see an opetrunity for them to open a ride or attraction in CCL to this theme, possibly a dark ride in CATCF building perhaps? I think it makes quite a bit of sense, and Merlin will already have been able to see how popular Peppa Pig was at Paultons.
The only issue is that Merlin’s deal completely excludes the UK - I did provide some details in a post in Merlin General Discussion on Tuesday, along with some thoughts of where we may see the IP used.
Robert.W

lewis97 wrote:
Robert.W wrote:After hearing that Merlin have gained attraction rights to Peppa Pig, I see an opetrunity for them to open a ride or attraction in CCL to this theme, possibly a dark ride in CATCF building perhaps? I think it makes quite a bit of sense, and Merlin will already have been able to see how popular Peppa Pig was at Paultons.
The only issue is that Merlin’s deal completely excludes the UK - I did provide some details in a post in Merlin General Discussion on Tuesday, along with some thoughts of where we may see the IP used.
Oh right, never realised! Probably because Paultons already have a licensing agreement. Bit of a shame though.

magicmaster

Having been to the park over the weekend , I thought it would be time to flatten this area completely from Burger Kitchen all the way around to the old Nickelodeon buildings. It’s so run down now and this area needs some serious flat rides and a complete rebuild.

What Does everyone else think?
Robert.W

magicmaster wrote:Having been to the park over the weekend , I thought it would be time to flatten this area completely from Burger Kitchen all the way around to the old Nickelodeon buildings. It’s so run down now and this area needs some serious flat rides and a complete rebuild.

What Does everyone else think?
I guess that would open up a whole load of opportunity to start anew. It's not that I don't like the area as it is now, but it is a shadow of its former self. Flattening and starting over would allow for a better intergration of rides and buildings rather than the narrow tucked away street that comprises the area currently. The theme and attractions should still cater for the same market that CCL does currently. I've always imagined that a family / junior Coaster would be popular with the guests attracted to this type of area. 

magicmaster

Certainly had its day now. This whole area needs re-working with the introduction of new family flats / a new indoor water ride, shops, restaurants and re-theme. Perhaps time of a new area of the park to be created.
Tom170499

I think a theme that Alton is really missing is a western theme so I think a western town similar to that of Far West at PortAventura would really work well in CCL.
Robert.W

The only issues I would have with Alton turning CCL in to a western themed ares is that they would be turning a more upbeat children's area into a typically run down, less couloufull setting. I strongly believe that Alton need to keep areas like CCL as it seems to represent the current marketing campaigns and branding etc. as well as providing a contrast to their more modern, darker themes. I also think they need to consider the land's close proximity to the Towers themselves. 

I think that a western land could give Alton a little bit of a dilemma. The theme is just too similar to Katanga Canyon, which already has the parks Mine Train coaster. Of course there is nothing to suggest that they couldn't construct a western land if they were to remove Katanga Canyon, but having both of these lands just seems a bit pointless.

Another point I wish to make is that the addition of a western theme land may not totally work with the typical British weather, although this is probably just my preference.  

jackf1tz

Agreed, having a western area in the UK would be like having a beach party in Birmingham Town Centre. I'd quite like them to keep the theme the same, however completely redesign the area. Cuckoo Cars injected a bit of life into the area, but thats really not going to last unless they invest in some new attractions, and please, open some of the buildings!
Tom170499

jackf1tz wrote:Agreed, having a western area in the UK would be like having a beach party in Birmingham Town Centre. I'd quite like them to keep the theme the same, however completely redesign the area. Cuckoo Cars injected a bit of life into the area, but thats really not going to last unless they invest in some new attractions, and please, open some of the buildings!
Also like having an African village in the UK countryside? Or a jungle just outside of London? Or maybe the Jurassic era in Southampton?

The climate is a bit of a weak issue to bring up seen as we are talking about theminng imaginary, made up areas for a theme park
Robert.W

Well, an african jungle theme can adapt to the wetter UK weather as the climate in these areas are also wetter. Rainforests usually get rain every day; they are not called rainforests for nothing!

Western on the other hand is usually very dry and arid and so wouldn't adapt as well and would look more thematically out of place with the environment.

Dungeon-X-Smile

I think that the dark forest should extend into where CCL is and there to be some themed flat rides. I feel as if this would work because the dark forest already has rather tame rollercoasters, so I feel adding a flat ride section to it to back it up would help make the theming of the area stronger.
Robert.W

I don't see why they can't just put more flats in the Dark Forest though... there is some room in there.

Dungeon-X-Smile

I feel as if an extension to the dark forest would make them much more likely to actually put dark rides in there. The large excess of room would make it easier for them, and more likely for a flat ride. I'd also like to see one more dark ride there themed to Th13teen, I think that would be pretty awesome.
And I rather like the flow of the dark forest rn.
Scarlyboo22

It’s quite difficult to say because I don’t think they need a new branded area as they already have CBeebies Land. I think they just need a few new rides, maybe a rollercoaster like the Octonauts one.

They could just do a rebrand. Personally I think they should get rid of the 4D cinema. I understand that is is a staple of any theme park wherever but they could put a new adventurous dark ride there.
Coaster Chall

I think what could work is a Storybook Village theme or if they decided to go into even more detail, maybe a family horror area and one of the great family horror categories is Grimm Tales from Brothers Grimm. So I think CCL could be rethemed to Grimm Tales Scarybook Village.

In terms of the attractions, I think that Cuckoo Cars Driving School would become Hansel and Gretel's Sweetland Raceway, Gallopers Carousel would become Brothers Grimm Fairytale Carousel and the Frog Hopper would become Queen Bee's Honeycomb Hopper (themed around the Grimm Tale Queen Bee). The SBNO Theatre would become Grimm Tales LIVE and the other SBNO attractions Twirling Toadstool and Wobble World would become Flying Raven (replacing Twirling Toadstool) and Brothers Grimm Bouncers (replacing Wobble World). Charlie's building would be removed for a new Mack Suspended Family Coaster called The Woods (based on the Three Little Men in the Woods) and is kinda like Arthur at Europa Park (indoor and outdoor) and tells the story through animatronics, sound and lighting during the indoor and outdoor sections
Robert.W

No horror theme. No. No more dark themes. We have too many of them.

But your idea of a Storybook Village – I really like the sound of something like that. 

Coaster Chall

Yeah, I see where you’re coming from with no horror theme. Dark Forest, Forbidden Valley, Gloomy Wood and Wicker Man are enough. Maybe it should be just a Storybook Village.