The World of David Walliams

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
ponder

As much as I understand why people would appose an area based around an IP, the reality is that, from a business perspective, IPs sell - especially in the family market.
Dan_Roe

I have an idea about an alien/sci-fi theme could be perfect for this area. Tqirling toadstool could be rethemed to an alien saucer of some kind, frog hopper could be turned into something revolving around the moon and zero gravity, gallopers most likely would be removed from the park and even though the it has just undergone TLC, cuckoo cars driving school could be rethemed into driving either rockets or a dune buggy across the moon

However, the two main rides in this area will be the current C&TCF building and the 4D cinema. The replacement for C&TCF could be a journey through space travelling to different mystic worlds eventually ending with the scene which was home to the glass elevator as a rocket launching off a planet and returning to Earth

The 4D cinema could be an adventure in space loosely revolving around a crashing alien ship crashing into the 4D cinema building. Due to this, there could be a large UFO on top of the building incorporating the queline and building itself into the film playing inside the 4D cinema.

The area itself will involve lots of green goo and craters which will immerse the guests into the new area and perhaps have lots of different aliens around the area too so that the younger guests can get pictures with them. Please leave your opinion on my idea :D
S.J_O'Grady

That sounds pretty cool actually! It would be nice to have such a quirky unique area for kids. Only problem is, Galactica will then feel even more out of place!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Dan_Roe

Thats the only problem if it was air then it would be perfectly fine
Count-Vonduel

I hope they don't replace it for at least 8 years as they have just refurbished it and with a bit of work it could be quite good, and nothing will anger me more than finding they refurbished it for nothing using there Merlin grant (gold dust) that could have gone on new Haunted Hollow theming or something!
Owen

I'd much rather see some kind of major area improvements than some more theming I'll just walk past in Haunted Hollow.

I agree with Dom. I could easily see this being Dreamworks as well, maybe have the Shrek 4D cinema finally installed, a How To Train Your Dragon coaster in Coaster corner and then have Charlie be changed to something or other. We saw how good CBeebies Land turned out - I think this could be a great idea.
Frontdoordumbledore

As much as it could work, i don't want towers to become IP the park. Towers have been very good throughout their history with their own storytelling.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
S.J_O'Grady

If another IP area is added it will no longer be my favourite park.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
jules verne

This might be a long stretch but I think the area could be turned into a doctor who themed area.

Before they created charlie the AT website had a survey about what the re theme of toy land tours should be and an option was a Dr who theme, so it is some thing that has at least been considered in the past and they may have plans for it archived.

The glass elevator simulator could easily be themed to the tardis control room and i imagine that the boat section could be guests escaping a battle with the daleks or cybermen etc.
The area its self could have a theme of an alien world or galifrey etc and the 4D cinema could have a BBC produced Dr who short and a new theme/overlay for the existing attractions their would be the potential to move the spin ball here and give it a Dr who overlay

I feel like this could be possible because of the existing ideas from the past but also with the Dr Who experience closing in Cardiff the BBC may want to have some sort of presence for Dr who to replace the one closing in Cardiff and with the relationship that has developed with the CBBC land /hotel maybe this could happen in 2019 after the new Dr has been developed.
I do see why this would not happen since CCL has had some TLC and the licencing cost not to mention that people say that Dr who popularity is on the decline.
Burniel

I'm a bit torn about that idea to be honest. Although it sounds great and does fit with the current ride lineup, I'm not too sure about introducing yet another IP to the park. Arguably, we recently lost several with the closures of Ice Age and Charlie and the re-themes of Spinball and Driving School, but entire IP areas really don't appeal to me. I feel like the park deserves and is capable of producing a family area with an original fantasy theme.

Doctor Who may also be a slightly too adult themed for an area with such family-orientated attractions. I understand that this will be a re-theme, but how do you get your average teenage/adult Doctor Who fan to get excited over a 4D cinema and a carousel? Furthermore, we've just had some TLC to the Driving School, which is very much for the families. Where does that fit into this?

I think what CCL really needs is a really high quality family "magic" theme, sort of like Gruffalo at Chessington but without the IP.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
ThemeParkGlobalOfficial

For me probably a small generic themed lego land area
Speedy_no1

They should secretly install rollercosaster that's goes through Charlie and ice age building surprise us all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dom

Why does a lot of people want a Lego themed area?
alicheesy

I think it should be a very colourful dessert themed area where all the rides are themed to food like ice cream, cupcakes, chocolate etc.
Also random big foods everywhere (like in cloudy with a chance of meatballs) and big sprinkles on everything and loads of glitter and a few unicorns and rainbows and stuff.
The area could smell like candyfloss and have some overly happy music so it's almost scary but not quite.
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
GreeneyL

Many improvements are needed in cloud cuckoo land and here are a few , Spinball whizzer needs to be moved here ! Turn the former ice age theatre into a 4d experience with many types , movies etc. Turn the old Charlie and the chocolate factory ride into a jurrasic park like water ride (or something on those lines) with a big finale drop. And also add a few children's rides into the area and maybe 1 or 2 flat rides for adults / teens. These are some improvements needed !

Thanks Lewis ;)
By GREENEYL / LEWIS
Robert.W

GreeneyL wrote:Many improvements are needed in cloud cuckoo land and here are a few , Spinball whizzer needs to be moved here ! Turn the former ice age theatre into a 4d experience with many types , movies etc. Turn the old Charlie and the chocolate factory ride into a jurrasic park like water ride (or something on those lines) with a big finale drop. And also add a few children's rides into the area and maybe 1 or 2 flat rides for adults / teens. These are some improvements needed !

Thanks Lewis ;)
I don't believe Spinball Whizzer would be able to move to Cloud Cuckoo Land. The original Coaster Corner had to be removed in part because of overcrowding and also because of the noise, and Spinball Whizzer is an extremely noisy coaster! Also, to make the theatre worthwile reopening it would have to undergo modernisation otherwise it would just have to be some short term overlay. As for the Jurassic Park ride, Merlin would have to obtain licensing from Universal and that could be costly and dufficult as Universal already have rides themed to this IP. As for the flat rides though, I do agree that some new flat rides are in need. I also think a quiet junior coaster behind Twirling Toadstool would be cool. A toy factory theme would work well for the CATCF building, not because of the old Toyland Tours, but because a toy factory would have a solid theme that would be popular with younger guests!

JonDoesTT

I think they could actually bring back Toyland Tours. They've got the space, the money, and maybe some of the old props which could be refurbished and reused.

It'd be great to see, especially with some modern upgrades. I know they probably won't do it, but what else would they do with the space, other than have another IP themed ride, which would be a shame. I'm sure it would be a very popular ride with enthusiasts, GP who may have ridden it when they were younger, and new families experiencing it for the first time.

Kinda like Spinball Whizzer, which was replaced by an IP and then brought back. It's a lot more extensive than this I know, but they've done it before so why can't they do it again with Toyland Tours?

Credit to NemesisRider
Robert.W

I do agree! In fact it's given me so many ideas about this ride and it's potential to be one of the must sees of Alton Towers! I can just imagine it, if done well, to be the "it's a small world" of Alton Towers. I think lots of colour, lighting effects, smoke, moving set pieces all done with a Disney like quality would make this a truly magical ride! Also a catchy, but magical soundtrack unique to Alton Towers would make this a truly unforgettable experience!

S.J_O'Grady

The issue with discussing future investments (and this applies to more than just CCL) is that they've given themselves so much to do that it's hard to predict what will come next. We need new flats in DF, X-Sector, and FV, there are currently 4 empty buildings in CCL and the Toadstool gone. Sub Terra site is being wasted, we have entertainment such as the pirate show out of action, and Spinball and Blade are due to disappear any time now. Since 2015 (and I'll assume it's down to the unfortunate events of that particular year) they've closed rides far quicker than they can build them. And when they do choose to invest, it's always on CBeebies! CCL as an area is a total disaster and is an embarrassment to the park if it stays in its current state for much longer. The sand-coloured circle with some plasticy benches on it is not how I like to think of the UK's best theme park. There are so many things that could be done with CCL, as well as Coaster Corner, they just need to invest in family experiences OUTSIDE of CBeebies Land.
Robert.W

I most certainly hope that Spinball Whizzer doesn't go. It is hugely popular, and it would be illogical to get rid of it. There is sufficient room for Cebeebies Land expansion on nearby land behind Octonauts so AT wouldn't need to remove it anyway.