The World of David Walliams

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Harry347

I would love to see CCL re-themed to a medieval village. I think it would appropriate with it being close to the Towers and the Dungeon but this would probably have to see the removal of the Driving School to work, which would be a shame. Not sure what kind of attractions would be best fit either, maybe something for the kids who are too big to CBeebies Land, but not big enough for the rest of the park.
Coaster Chall

Don't know if you have seen TowersStreet pictures, but now, Merlin Magic Making are onsite at House of Monsters (with a fence round the attraction).

Will CCL be rethemed? 2020???
Coaster Chall

Credit to Towerstimes but... interesting?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
abigsmurf

Will be interesting to see if they close the Driving school as well. Closing that and moving the carousel and froghopper around would give a significant amount of space for an attraction.

That said, 8-10 months probably isn't enough to tear down the building then build a major ride from scratch (and I'm not sure what the planning restrictions are building so close to the towers) so I'd imagine a walk through attraction or a flat ride or a themed restaurant are the three options.
Coaster Chall

Yeah I'd say a walkthrough. But Nina's Science Lab is technically walkthrough and that's gone now (no idea what's replacing it) so...maybe not. Also, on one of the boxes it says "Handel With Care"...Sir Handel was a Thomas and Friends character. So either Thomas Town? Or a whole area with HIT Entertainment (HIT owns and distributes children's television series such as Barney & Friends, Bob the Builder, Thomas & Friends, Pingu, Fireman Sam and Angelina Ballerina). So, if it's the World Of HIT Entertainment, then unfortunately could be a clash of IP's and themes, unless the park finds a way of blending them together.
EthanEjX97

cookiee_munster wrote:I still think it would be great if Aardman and Merlin teamed up and created a whole new world of characters
I don't think that's going to happen, honestly. After BPB put in Thrill-O-Matic, I think the GP would presume Towers is copying BPB. It's a better idea than the 7th bloody Thomas Town/Land.
Coaster Chall

Aardman Animation would be good. But from this teaser fence I'm very reluctant to say Legoland area now. It may not be that anymore.
AltonOperator

EthanEjX97 wrote:
cookiee_munster wrote:I still think it would be great if Aardman and Merlin teamed up and created a whole new world of characters
I don't think that's going to happen, honestly. After BPB put in Thrill-O-Matic, I think the GP would presume Towers is copying BPB. It's a better idea than the 7th bloody Thomas Town/Land.
You'd be surprised at how few people would actually notice.
I am drawn to the word 'experiences' on the sign. To me it suggests walk-through, thematic experience, etc. Something similar to Furchester Hotel?
I would really hope that this is an early start on a full overhual of the CCL area, not just a single attraction
Thanks Jack
GregH94

Given the font style, it’s definitely some sort of new kids area - if House of Monsters did actually return for Scarefest 2020 would it be in a different location?
daboywunda

Are there any clues on what this may be based on design style, fonts etc? Are there any existing IPs that would use this?
Mr_Gibson

My favourite thing about the fence is the box containing the Towers has a ‘this side up’ label pointing in the wrong direction...
Coaster Chall

Someone commented on Facebook when I shared the image, saying it could be themed to the children's story Dear Zoo. Thoughts?
PhNx Survivor

A lot of people have stated a possible clue.. I for one think it is a typo.. but still..

"Please bear with us whilst we unpack some exciting new experiences for 2020"

Bear?? :lol
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Swarm Chris

PhNx Survivor wrote:A lot of people have stated a possible clue.. I for one think it is a typo.. but still..

I suspect it's neither. The term bear with us is the correct spelling. :)
Tom170499

I may be looking too far into it but could the upside down arrows on the Towers box be a reference to Hex? 
PhNx Survivor

Swarm Chris wrote:
PhNx Survivor wrote:A lot of people have stated a possible clue.. I for one think it is a typo.. but still..

I suspect it's neither. The term bear with us is the correct spelling. :)
Well don't I feel stupid :lol
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
wamdue

I think it’s a clue actually, so my money is on Paddington.
Nickolai

ImageThis is the box Paddington came over in... check the artwork on the fences. Only taking the idea with a piece of salt though.
Formally Smiler313
Dan

This is long overdue.

CCL has long been the “forgotten” area of the park so I’m glad it’s going to be getting some attention for 2020.

As for what the area will be rethemed into, I don’t think the teaser on the construction fence gives us much to go off. Wasn’t there something about a David Walliams attraction floating around the internet a while back?
Dachshund

At the time the Gangsta Granny rumour came up I thought it would be in the Charlie building, since Williams is like the modern Roald Dahl that seemed obvious but clearly that's not the case.

I wouldn't mind one David Williams ride but not a "Walliams World". I'm a firm believer that one IP area is more than enough for any park.