Ride Closures/Removals in 2016

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Tom170499

Themepark247360 wrote:Why has it been so carefully placed on wooden panels if it is to be scrapped?
Could it be a possibility that it may be relocated? Perhaps X-Sector as previously mentioned?
Alex

There is no point in relocating a ride at the end of it's life, it wont be moving to X Sector.
Zach

The ride will not be relocating anywhere within Towers. It's being removed as per the long term development plan.
Liam.W

Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Sawboss

I wouldn't mind Ripsaw being removed if it was being replaced with something else. There's not one proper thrill flatride in AT without it. I could probably ride the coasters all day but less and less rides makes it harder for me to tempt friends along.
NemesisRider

Smileradvocate1 wrote:Image
May I remind you they also predicted the closure of one of the most loved dark rides in the UK within the same post that said Ripsaw would be removed. I'm not disrespecting Towers Street, one would hope they have some kind of belief in the source before posting that kind of revelation, but everyone is treating their word as gospel. The real answers can really only be given by Merlin. They said it was for maintainance earlier and unless there is some very good reason, they wouldn't want to lie to the Public as some don't trust them anyway after The Smiler incident.
Zach

My head. Brick wall. Bang. I guess when when Ripsaw is removed and not there next season, you'll be confused
Last edited by Zach on Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Admin
Admin

Just to clarify as some sites are stating that Ripsaw has been removed.

Ripsaw is currently still in place. Its just the bridge that has been taken down.
Luviico

Unless you are a high ranking person at Merlin or AT then you cannot possibly know for sure if Ripsaw is being removed and taking what a fan site says as gospel is pretty ridiculous. If AT's twitter mentioned winter maintenance then for the moment we will have to believe it is staying. If news doesn't come directly from AT then I take it with a massive pinch of salt.
xylyx

That is the best way, and being right once doesn't then mean everything else that 's said is true :) I'll
Expect the worst and hope for the best as usual :)
archie.mm

http://www.themeparkguide.biz/component ... ton-towers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"As part of this scheme you will see changes to our line up in 2016 but we’ll bring you more news of this in January."

Don't know if it means anything. Just posting.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

archie.mm wrote:http://www.themeparkguide.biz/component ... ton-towers

"As part of this scheme you will see changes to our line up in 2016 but we’ll bring you more news of this in January."

Don't know if it means anything. Just posting.
This has already been posted in the topic, with discussion ongoing.

Please do read through previous pages before posting to ensure things aren't being unnecessarily repeated.
Tom170499

A quick thought, could the bridge have been removed to allow access for high vehicles? This has happened with the X-Sector sign in the past.
jackcullen

Themepark247360 wrote:Why has it been so carefully placed on wooden panels if it is to be scrapped?
So can get a forklift under it again to move it to abother vehicle etc
Adam.W

I also find it interesting that the bridge is still in one piece, it would have taken more effort to move it in one piece to a car park from a construction perspective, rather than dismatling it. Also I thought that ripsaw had a load of scaffolding around it over closed season for repairs, unless they were already done from the mid-season piece replacement.
Themeparksandy1981

Yeah but if they were just moving the bridge to allow service vehicles why have they removed the queue line fences as well?
allijukes19

Over the closed season last year and throughout the year its had a lot of maintenance why would they have gone to so much trouble if they are removing it the following season?
Dan

allijukes19 wrote:Over the closed season last year and throughout the year its had a lot of maintenance why would they have gone to so much trouble if they are removing it the following season?
Maybe they've realised its beyond nackered and not worth the money needed to keep it running.
Aidan Lowe

Back when people were stranded mid-cycle earlier this year before it went SBNO for a while.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Guitar

allijukes19 wrote:Over the closed season last year and throughout the year its had a lot of maintenance why would they have gone to so much trouble if they are removing it the following season?
Maybe it's been sold to another park and part of the deal was that is was serviced / overhauled first?