The Future of Spinball Whizzer and Adventure Land

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Coaster Chall

That's fair enough. It looks likely that Spinball will be gone in the next few years then
Justin

Although I can't see it being Spinball, I wouldn't rule out another kiddie coaster being added instead :)
wamdue

Sozzy40 wrote:
Stevieg1993 wrote:I would like see Spinball sold to another UK Theme Park, somewhere like Paultons could benefit with a family thrill coaster and they could give it a theme as well. New paint, new theme, all new makeover to fit the image. Have the cars like dinosaur eggs or something.
It's not going to Paultons. Firstly, PP is heavily rumoured to get a Mack spinner next year, so they'd already have a spinning coaster assuming they moved it in 2021.
Secondly, Paultons is one of Merlin's main rivals. If the ride does get relocated, then I think it will be to Heide park.
Oh good, I came all the way to Germany to not ride Spinball :P
Swarm Chris

Why has no one suggested RMC it? Honestly, what are we even doing here? :lol

Out of interest, when was the long term plan last seen? Was the plan affected by the drastic cuts across the park?
wamdue

Because I'm not sure what is meant by "RMC".
Swarm Chris

wamdue wrote:Because I'm not sure what is meant by "RMC".
Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) have made a name for themselves in converting old wooden roller coasters into shiny new hybrid roller coasters. There's a running joke that when you have a roller coaster of any type lying around that you don't want any more, just get RMC in to fix it.

If you haven't seen, this is one of their biggest conversions. :)

Original:
RMC Update:
Never going to happen to Spinball though. :lol Perhaps you could squeeze a Raptor in there, but I suspect the neighbours might complain about the noise.
wamdue

Is there an option for replacing it with Steel Vengence out right? As for the Neighbours, they should really consider moving, if they dont like living next door to a theme park.
DeadJack5

I agree with a lot of the other comments on here, Spinball is certainly destined an exit from the park in the coming years. It's a shame as it's not a bad coaster but with Cbeebies growing year by year, I can see a growing need for more land. I wouldn't mind another kiddie coaster similar to what we have with Octonauts, but I think more ideally it would be more likely to be flat rides.

I'm not sure if it would be moved to another Merlin park though. Chessington already have Dragon's Fury, Legoland could potentially and Thorpe I wouldn't be too sure as I don't exactly though which market they are targeting as of late.

It will be interesting to see what happens to this ride in the coming years
EthanEjX97

There might not be enough space, but if Spinball is moved, why not put it where Project 42 is now? You could keep the ride, use some of the queue and if there is enough space, maybe even put it indoors. As for a theme, I'm not too sure. Any ideas?
DerpyQuark

I don’t think Spinball Whizzer could be themed into Forbidden Valley’s aesthetic. It wouldn’t fit into the area, even with theming.
Harry347

I think Spinball could be rethemed to fit in X-Sector but there's not really anywhere for it to go. Forbidden Valley doesn't really have a cohesive theme, Nemesis and Galactica don't really fit together either but I'm not sure if Spinball Whizzer would fit there either with the height restrictions.
DerpyQuark

Personally, I think Forbidden Valley has two different sub-areas. The area themed around the Phalanx, which has Nemesis, Nemesis Sub Terra (I know it’s SBNO, but it might come back one day) and The Blade. The other area is themed to space exploration, which includes Galactica. 
Tom170499

Going off the sub area idea, Spinball could be easily placed down near Galactica on the car park and themed to something like asteroids. could even be dug down with a few tunnels. I’ve always thought the few bits of track leading to and from the vertical hairpin turn would be great as a tunnel with path above
EthanEjX97

I heard from an earlier entry in the forum about moving the Driving school to where Spinball is now. Why not put Spinball in the place of the Driving School, retheme CCL and DF to the same sort of theme as Hex, and incorporate the Dungeon, Th13teen and Rita could be themed to the beggar/witches curse and the escape from it and Spinball could be themed to a machine that Charles Talbot created using the Fallen Branch to build on the story of Hex, possibly even integrating X-Sector, CCL, The Towers and DF together by having the Ministry of Joy find the machine hundreds of years later and start using it to ready its' patients for marmalisation, but the patients become disfigured due to the dark magic, integrating it with The Sanctuary and in turn, The Smiler. Whew, that was a mouthful.
EthanEjX97

Or even, like I heard from a discussion about the CCL replacement, Have an Aardman themed area and have the ride themed to some sort of contraption created by Wallace and Gromit. (I don't think that this will happen though, although I'd love it if it did.)