New Theme Park attraction(s) for 2016?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
MakoMania

With the Air shop conversion & proposed developments to Air in general, will there be any new rides for the 2016 season? CBeebies expansion? New flat? Alton Towers have said themselves they have exciting news for 2016!

I realise this has been talked about in the 2015-2019 developments but I thought with the 2016 season on the horizon, it deserved its own topic so it can be discussed in more detail :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Adam.W

To be honest, I'd reckon the news they have for 2016 would be the air restaurant, and possibly some information about SW8. I also think they may be getting a new flat somewhere, hopefully either DF, GW or XSector. Other than that, I doubt they would spend on something too big with the addition of SW8 coming.
TH14TEEN

New flat in x sector, smiler reopens, rollercoaster restaurant and air revamp. That's my bet.
MakoMania

What other flats would fit the Submission site? Don't get me wrong I think a flat will go there since they didn't remove the queue line but what model would fit?
TheBeast

I reckon Merlin will be keeping it cheap due to the large rice of the Thorpe attraction that's coming. Maybe we will see Ripsaw move to the X-Sector but I reckon that's the only SR that could replace Submission
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Dom

Am i right in thinking that they have cut away quite a large amount of trees from Dark Forest because of that tree virus thing? (It might not be because of the virus thing, but i assume so) If so, wouldn't it make more sense for them to put a flat ride in there, otherwise it would just be dead space.
MakoMania

I was told that the tree clearance in Dark Forest was for construction vehicles to be able to get down into the valley for SW8, but the space is big enough for a flat.
Capt.Barnacles

I think the space in Dark Forest will be used for some sort of purpose, as opposed to being virus clearance. Given that the space cleared is near perfectly rectangular, and very open, I have a feeling something's going to be in there. I hope it's the area used for the Dark Forest scare zone to be honest.
Adam.W

Yeah, perhaps something related to Scarefest, considering they are having an overhaul. If not, then we might be seeing a much needed and wanted flat in DF.
Jared

I think we'll see...

Air Re-Theme
Air Roller Coaster Restaurant
Removal of Burger Kitchen / Refresh in Forbidden Valley
stealthsmiler

A new flat would be brill. Plus if they opened up a new flat ride along with the new roller coaster restaurant they could try to use it to take the heat off of The Smiler reopening. If they advertise both heavily and open the Smiler quietly, they could try to have more media focus on the new stuff instead of the Smiler reopening which is quite obvious will just start The Mirror off again. Also it would be better if it was in DF and away from the Smiler.
Adam.W

I agree, however, I think the media will take it as a great opportunity to re report the whole smiler thing again. "Alton Towers releases new attraction just 9 months after horrific smiler crash which left 2 victims with leg amputations and 16 rides injured". But I guess it will take some heat off the smiler I guess :).
Capt.Barnacles

Jared wrote:I think we'll see...

Air Re-Theme
Air Roller Coaster Restaurant
Removal of Burger Kitchen / Refresh in Forbidden Valley
I can see the obvious Air revamp and new restaurant happening, and MAYBE the removal of Refresh@Ripsaw, but with the Burger Kitchen being only new in 2013 (?) I can see this staying for another year at least, then maybe being removed to make way for SW8.
MakoMania

Alton Towers will recieve a NEW "attraction" for 2016!

Source: Nick Varney speaking to Merlin shareholders today.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Themepark247360 wrote:Alton Towers will recieve a NEW "attraction" for 2016!

Source: Nick Varney speaking to Merlin shareholders today.
This may just be the Rollercoaster Restaurant, although we can only hope for a flat ride of some description as well.
MakoMania

The way he worded it made it seem like it was a ride, but it may just be me.

It was something like-Thorpe Park and Alton Towers will both unveil new attractions, so we'll be back in the game for 2016.

It sounds like a ride to me, any thoughts?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Themepark247360 wrote:The way he worded it made it seem like it was a ride, but it may just be me.

It was something like-Thorpe Park and Alton Towers will both unveil new attractions, so we'll be back in the game for 2016.

It sounds like a ride to me, any thoughts?
It certainly would be nice to see some sort of ride, perhaps we'll get a better idea from their presentation on Thursday. Out of interest, were you in the conference call yourself, or does a recording happen to be knocking about somewhere, or has the information come from another source?
MakoMania

The Financial Times posted some dialouge from the conference on one of their news stories. The story was called "Merlin quantifies the cost of coaster accident"
xylyx

Very intriguing, have they referred to new eateries as attractions in the past? I know the rollercoaster resteraunt is very nifty but it's still a resteraunt at the end of the day. As an eternal optimist I do hope he's referring to a new ride. :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Speaking today, Nick Varney addressed Alton Towers' 2016 addition as an "innovative new feature which has been planned for a few years". It's sounding like this is just the Rollercoaster Restaurant to me.