New Theme Park attraction(s) for 2016?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
MakoMania

I don't understand how they can brand a restaurant as an attraction. Nobody is going to visit Alton Towers and pay the entry fee specifically to visit a restaurant and pay there again. Its not going to attract anyone so should it be called an attraction?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Adam.W

Not so much from outside the park, but within the park? Some people would go from DF to FV specifically to see what the food loop is like, bearing in mind almost everyone has never heard or seen anything of the kind.
Aidan Lowe

I suppose you could call the food loop restaurant an attraction, its a unique style restaurant. I mean some people don't mind spending the day on the lawns reading a book & in the gardens, just because it isn't for us thrillseekers it could still be classed as an attraction. You'll get some nuts who have more money than sense who'll just make a trip for food loop dining experience.
Last edited by Aidan Lowe on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Tryst

Themepark247360 wrote:I don't understand how they can brand a restaurant as an attraction. Nobody is going to visit Alton Towers and pay the entry fee specifically to visit a restaurant and pay there again. Its not going to attract anyone so should it be called an attraction?
I'd go specifically to experience it, so I guess it fits the definition of an attraction, but then I have a MAP and I went the other weekend just to go explore the gardens.
xylyx

Innovative new feature does sound more like the resteraunt, ahh well, hope we get a bit more info on SW8 then if we're to wait longer for a ride. I am looking forward to seeing what they do with Air though. Unless of course they theme it around the resteraunt and: You are the food :P lol
Tom170499

xylyx wrote:Unless of course they theme it around the resteraunt and: You are the food :P lol
I like that idea! :clap:
xylyx

Lol it was the first thing that came to me when the addditions were announced
Guitar

xylyx wrote:Unless of course they theme it around the resteraunt and: You are the food :P lol
So a Jurassic Park themed area?
Themeparksandy1981

Well they do claim to have over 50 rides and attractions. So they much include everything from Rides down to the HB games.
allijukes19

If anything I think we could see Ripsaw moved to X-Sector to fill Submissions old site and The Blade moved to Mutiny Bay somewhere (I hope both are kept or the flat ride count will be appalling!
Adam.W

allijukes19 wrote:If anything I think we could see Ripsaw moved to X-Sector to fill Submissions old site and The Blade moved to Mutiny Bay somewhere (I hope both are kept or the flat ride count will be appalling!
Ripsaw has gone much past its lifespan, it won't survive the move to XSector, unless they got a new one altogether. Seems likely as the submission queue was never removed, and it would fit the footprint relatively well, but I guess a lot of flats are already like that. However, AT might not want that considering there's a giant storage area with black hole track etc right behind that fence...
Ryan.B

Black Hole was sent to Gerstlauer for refurbishment and is now red and blue, outside. It operates in a park in Sweden as 'the rocket.' :)
Adam.W

Oh yeah, forgot about that :lol
I've just been watching too many 5 year old behind the scenes videos on YouTube :P
DrummerSam

I believe if there's a ride in 2016 then it will be SW8. The developments prove that this is not likely to happen, but do suggest a hotel extension, a resturant next to air, which couldchange the theme. The next ride in Alton Towers is more likely 2017 (SW8) when the problem with The Smiler is gone hopefully.

Enjoy the rides if you can and it may not be like this forever.
Altonboy001

would Samurai survive a move to AT with it being dismantled etc
Dan

DrummerSam wrote:I believe if there's a ride in 2016 then it will be SW8. The developments prove that this is not likely to happen, but do suggest a hotel extension, a resturant next to air, which couldchange the theme. The next ride in Alton Towers is more likely 2017 (SW8) when the problem with The Smiler is gone hopefully.

SW8 won't be in 2016.

A full planning application has yet to be submitted which doesn't give them enough time. Merlin now operate on a 4 yearly cycle for their major investments so 2017 falls in line with this.

For 2016 the park is confirmed to be getting the Rollercoaster Restaurant and the modifications to Air. Whether there will be another attraction eg a new flat remains to be seen.
DrummerSam

True, but I doubt another flat ride will happen with The Smiler problem in the way.

Ryan.B

The major investment years have gone 2010, 2013 and are planned to be 2017 and 2020. If this goes ahead. It will be 3 years, 4 years and back to 3 years in 2017-2020. If it goes 3 4 3 afterwards it would mean 2024 is the next major invest,met after 2020. I doubt Samurai would be coming to Alton Towers, but I think a replacement top scan will be at Thorpe Park, or a fully refurbished samurai could come to Alton. It's intense, would fit well in a few places (branches in the dark forest?) Or in X Sector. Reasonably compact footprint and below tree level. I think we will see a flat in 2016, and it could very well be a top scan. They can be set up quickly and are good ride experiences. With the blade and ripsaw earmarked for removal, a flat is needed before they go.
DrummerSam

Ryan.B wrote:The major investment years have gone 2010, 2013 and are planned to be 2017 and 2020. If this goes ahead. It will be 3 years, 4 years and back to 3 years in 2017-2020. If it goes 3 4 3 afterwards it would mean 2024 is the next major invest,met after 2020. I doubt Samurai would be coming to Alton Towers, but I think a replacement top scan will be at Thorpe Park, or a fully refurbished samurai could come to Alton. It's intense, would fit well in a few places (branches in the dark forest?) Or in X Sector. Reasonably compact footprint and below tree level. I think we will see a flat in 2016, and it could very well be a top scan. They can be set up quickly and are good ride experiences. With the blade and ripsaw earmarked for removal, a flat is needed before they go.
ok, I have a feeling they just won't go back to 3 years not that quickly, but maybe after 2028 unless they get the same problems as the previous owners. If they do go back to 3 years in 2020 then they've somehow got the 40-50 mill covered up from the smiler problem, but we can wait and see.

TH14TEEN

Why do you keep saying "enjoy the rides if you can and it may not be like this forever" in every single comment?