The Future of Towers Street

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Adam.W

So, I was thinking on what would happen to towers street and the enterance in the future. Will the enterance be moved over to by the blade? Or will they upgrade it and make it more like the mainstreet in Magic Kingdom?

Discuss :)
Nathan_Fisher

There's no reason to change it in my opinion, walking down towers street is great to see the lawns and the towers when you walk in, it's a great view. It's a waste of time changing the entrance/exit location, I would suggest they upgrade the exisiting towers street to make it look even better than it already does.
Adam.W

I agree. They should add more individual shops, you could have a sweet shop, a gift shop, clothing and accessories, general (food/drink), seasonal shop (fireworks, scarefest, summer, spring, maybe even April fools) and a full service fancy restaurant. The restaurant would have to look good quality and appealing, more of a posh place where adults can sit down without children screaming.
MakoMania

If they ever do move the entrance to Gloomy wood then I think towers street would become another CBeebies Land expansion. But I do hope they keep towers street and make it like the port of entry at Islands Of Adventure :)
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Stan.H

They should add more shops, like there used to be... Just read 'Tales From The Towers' learnt some great stuff about the shops of Towers Street, including Condoms (For Oblivion 'Don't Look Down!!' Naughty!) sold in Towers Trading!!
stealthsmiler

I can see it now... The Mirror - Horror as family theme park Alton Towers opens over 18's shop. The shop opens selling products inappropriate for children only months after the horrific crash on The Smiler roller coaster where five were seriously injured.
Adam.W

stealthsmiler wrote:I can see it now... The Mirror - Horror as family theme park Alton Towers opens over 18's shop. The shop opens selling products inappropriate for children only months after the horrific crash on The Smiler roller coaster where five were seriously injured.
Oh god! Noooooo! ;)
Themeparksandy1981

Towers street should stay the same but like they do or use to do for the firework events open up the emergency exits after the rides have closed so guests can leave the park from near the area they are currently in.
Morgan

I would hate to see a major change on Towers Street, it's probably my favorite area of the park as it builds up a grand, exciting atmosphere. The only thing I could see changing are relocation of the offices by No.1 Towers St. into a seasonal store, bar or the like for the evenings. It could stay open 3 hours after ride close?
TH14TEEN

Towers street and the original entrance will not be moved. It makes no viable economic sense. A new entrance may be constructed over near FV for a 2nd entrance, but towers street is not going anywhere, I can guarantee.
Adam.W

I'd love it if they replaced the offices with a restaurant, like Morgan said. I also think that on weekends, the rides stay open an hour or 2 later for MAP holders and hotel guests.
SJW

A change is coming, they won't continue to put up with the running costs of the Monorail forever.
mark_h

TH14TEEN wrote:Towers street and the original entrance will not be moved. It makes no viable economic sense
The current entrance requires the monorail (a bus shuttle would work but would be a poor experience). If the monorail needs major work done to it then there may be an economic justification for moving the entrance.
TH14TEEN

I feel in that scenario, the monorail would be removed and a charged shuttle bus would operate.
Stan.H

I think that they should add some more parking ticket machines, and a small queueing area for that, as it can really congest the exit. And slow people right down. Also another small queueing area for guest services, as quite often it goes onto towers street and blocks up the route's to destinations.
TH14TEEN

I'm pretty confident towers street isn't going anywhere any time soon. Could easily see a underground Gardaland type entrance for a second one near air for resort guests.
Altontowersbarlow

TH14TEEN wrote:I'm pretty confident towers street isn't going anywhere any time soon. Could easily see a underground Gardaland type entrance for a second one near air for resort guests.
I agree. The Towers are too iconic and should be the focus point upon entry of the park and therefore I doubt Towers Street will be replaced by a new entry gate. With SW8 pretty much confirmed to be in Forbidden Valley, could we see a second gate that interacts with the new coaster, such as a smaller version of Cedar Points entrance?
TH14TEEN

^^ I like the sound of that!
Stan.H

If they are going to redo the monorail, they might as well build two new queuing areas for the monorail, and actually use them, especially the plaza to car park station area gets very congested and alton towers don't open the indoor queuing area very often, even though they need too. Also the car park to plaza should get a larger queuing area as the line often stretches out into the car park and delays passing traffic!!
KatangaZebra

Honestly, I can't see a reason for them to change Towers Street in the next 10-15 years. Towers Street hasn't actually changed much and there's nothing wrong with it. There's nice, basic theming, actors, shops, food outlets and changing it wouldn't bring any more money in.