Nemesis Retheme - your Views

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
selb

Could anyone ever see nemesis being rethemed. or dethemed to make a neutral area of the park?

Any one know how easy or difficult it is to completely repaint/spray a ride is?
tallest_of_pauls
Location: Holding A Vigil Where The Thunderlooper Used To Be!

Could anyone ever see nemesis being rethemed.
No. [-X
or dethemed to make a neutral area of the park?
The detheme began a few years ago, when they decided not to get the "blood rivers" fixed :-({|= and then stopped playing the story part of the sound track! :whistle:
Any one know how easy or difficult it is to completely repaint/spray a ride is?
It wouldn't be too hard to give the whole ride a respray, but the station would be really hard to sort + why would they want to retheme it anyway?
Unless they decide to rotate the theme to whats popular at the time, so 5 years ago we could have had "Barney's big (purple) inverted coaster!" and two years go we could of had "Tweenies (colours of the rainbow) coaster". I much prefer the idea of Nemesis though!
Satch

but why retheme nemesis? its a perfect ride/theme. leave it alone
Dave

changing the theme of nemesis woudl be like painting buck pal bright pink. people just wouldnt acsept it.

id imagion it would be quite difficult to retheme the station anyway, they could always add a bit of lepard skin and fluffy things and glitter, that would give the ride a very different feeling
Doopy Dan

It wouldn't be too hard to give the whole ride a respray
You wanna bet?, The costs to respray Nemesis would be sky high!, not only because of the terrain and difficultys spraying parts of track, if they wanted to go for the colours of the track they went for when it was built (multicolourd grey) it would also add loads onto the cost.
Anonymous

Re-painting nemmy would be like giving Bradford City A Blue and white home shirt (Colours of Hudderfield Town and Sheffield Wednesday our local rivals)
selb

okay point taken, but at some points its going to look so grotty and horrible, and i know its looked okay up until now because the rust and dirt adds to the effect but there will be a point were it looks rubbish. Not saying there is anything wrong with the coaster and its theme but sooner or later it may happen... bad example is the refurb on the flume....
doom+sons1988

Don't ever refurbish Nemesis just clean it up. I haven't seen a theme like the one Nemesis has, it's unique and look at how Tussauds mess up classic rides bu refurbishing them. (Examples:- Duel,The Flume,The Vampire,Rumba Rapids,and the worst of them all 5th Dimension to Terror Tomb).
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Phil

Off course it's always going to expensive to re-spray a rollercoaster, but it can happen. The station could be stripped down to it's shel, and be re-themed.

But i think the day we see nemesis re-themed, is the day it's removed from the park. A bit of touching up here and there will keep nemmy in tip-top condition!

:blah: [quote=""selb""] bad example is the refurb on the flume....[/quote] :blah:

The flume refurb is amazing, don't diss. :box:

If they re-theme Nemesis I'm officially a Thorpe Park fan :tongue:
The theme just makes Alton Towers.... Alton Towers. :D

They definatley made a bodge of Duel [-( , that ride was amazing before it was turned into Duel. I have the BEST ride photo ever of me and my relatives from New Zealand on it wen I was 7. Good Times :tears: :-({|=
steve

There is no way they would re-theme Nemesis, it could do with a tidy up tho! After all it still get's queues, so why change it, there is no need. I know they got away with changing the theme of Air in Forbidden Valley, but a re-theme on Nemesis would mean all of Forbidden Valley would have to be re-themed. I say keep it as it is, but put some more Ribena in the Lake and Waterfalls!!!
Cameron

just the thought of Nemesis being taken away makes me feel sad lol :(
but lets hope that isnt going to happen soon or ever!
heyheyitsholloway

I remember queueing for nemesis for about an hour once.... we got to the station.. and it was chucking it down. we didn't think anything of it... we decided we'd been waiting so long we mite as well go for the front! we were latterly (believe it or not) the next to go on the front of nemesis with two other people... and they closed it because the rain was making the rust drip onto the riders!

Ok fair enough you can argue the rust looks good.... but the rust does not look good on the riders white tracksuits ect... it was then closed for like a further hour... whilst the sun came out and dryed everything! we were aloud to enter via the exit of nemesis... and ride on the back row. but all that queueing for the front... when we could have quite easily have gone on the back well before it was forced to close!

In conclusion... the track does need sorting out. The ride closing down due to technical problems is bad enough... and whilst they sort out the rust... they can sort out the pain to :D

Ben
Ketchup

I can't ever see a retehme. What other idea could work in an area like that, maybe an updated monster but not an enitrely new theme.
Williscroft

Never touch the theme. Its amazing, all it needs doing to it is a few repairs were it now has holes and a lick of paint here and there and haypresto. I remeber when Q-ing for it , i was just about to enter the station and this lad in front of me said to his mate ( when this ride was first made the station was going to be themed like an octopuss. I couldnt stop lafing and the enbariising thing was is that i was Q-ing by myself so every one looked at me as i had a laffin fit. :oops: :oops: well funny though :lol: :lol:
heyheyitsholloway

octopuss..... :lol: its funny hearing the general public sometimes when they really havn't got a clue.... not calling myself an expert or nothing... but i'v heard simuler things.... a funny one about the reason why the top of the lifthill on corkscrew is green!

Ben
Williscroft

And what was the funny thing about the top of the corkscrew being green :?:
Ketchup

"Thunderlooper was closed because a kid flew out" is one i've heard! I was only 7 at the time though! :P
phillipvass

No retheme, I think it needs doing up though :)
heyheyitsholloway

I cant remember exactly what it was.. because i only overheard the conversation.... but somebody was saying its because some part of a dinosaur (Wich corkscrew is meant to have been) was green. i felt like saying no.. its because of the height restriction ect... but his mate was so interested and believed him i thought i'd leave him to believe it! :lol: made me laugh though!!!!

Ben