Nemesis Retheme - your Views

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
2006+ Planning Worker

[quote=""Bailey""]i dont think that nemesis would ever be Re-Themed, only re done up to its origional state[/quote]

Nemesis will be the same theme, but for 2007 people have been thinking of re-theming the area to monster, horror type land with some spooky flat rides so you would see that Ripsaw would go well with a chainsaw type monster ride and the ghost ship sounds quite spooky and Air could be.. well we havn't thought of that yet. This is just a thought from our workers, its not confirmed or anything.
Adam

sounds interesting and a good idea, id love to see that :D :D :D :D :D
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
phillipvass

Sounds a bit tacky to me :roll:
Satch

ID agree with tacky. Lame attempt to mess with something that doesnt need messing with
Anonymous

This is Tussauds. There masters at mucking up there best attractions.
Cjw

Sounds utter crap and probably will never happen
madmanwill

untheme the rides :P

nemesis turns into rollercoaster 1.0
air-rollercoaster 1.1
oblivion-rollercoaster 1.2

and so on
and they are all coloured grey :P :P :P :twisted:
imagine little kids saying @mummy can i ride rollercoaster 1.1 :P

sorry but the idea of dethemeing or changing nemesis's theme is silly i think when nemesis will be dethemed is when the wrecking ball visits it.

will
Peet

I think it sounds cool! :D Just leave nemesis alone!
doom+sons1988

Or even better give them daft names like Venom or The Great British Flying coasters.
"ERRRRRRRRRRR EXCUSE ME"
Sazzle

Harsh cjw, no need for that ;)

A retheme isn't needed, a re-furbishment-theme is needed (if it's not already been done).

I don't know whether it's being done, as Oblivion hasn't been repainted in the months X-sector has been closed.
Peet

Yer, refurbish nemesis, retheme blade and ripsaw. Make air a kinda evil wind theme with loadsa smoke machines and things. Cool :D :wink:
jpecool

Air could be themed as something around forbidden valley too. Just dont change Nemmy, maybe clean it up, but thats all. You dont see anyone painting over the Mona Lisa do you. Well thats the equivalent of nemmy in the roller coaster world. It is the only ride my friends who a coaster enthusiasts in America say they really really really want to ride, nothing else. And i feel if more people had ridden it, it could end up as a top ten steel coaster in the golden ticket awards as the only reason i dont think it has, is thta not many coaster enthusiasts get to ride it, as most live in America. TYeha anyway, to cut a long story short, dont re theme nemmy. :lol:

And as for air, i though just to fit in forbidden valley it could be called "mist", and could be themed as a large desolate wasteland, and painted a kind of rusty, broken machinery kind of colour. There could then be huge rocks that you fly around, with smoke machines in the tunnel, huge pieces of broken machinery themeing for some reason, like it was part of a HUGE project to keep the ground stable as nemesis monster was trying to escape, and the ground was becoming loose and hazardous. Huge fake Cracks in the earth, like the strength of the monster was ripping the ground apart, ect. You get what i mean. :D Thats what i always think Air should be, so it fits with forbidden valley more and has a better theme, although i dont mind it staying as it is either. :roll:

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
Williscroft

jpecool, I think your idea for Air is realy good but personaly i like it how it is now and think it already fits in with FV when you think about it. I like walking down FV hearing the raw of Nemsis and seeing all the rusty metal etc and then at the botem is this oasis thats all carm and draws you down there out of all the mayhem to take a pieceful flight. Its a shame the water features that were surposed to be with air never got done as it would of been so cool.
jpecool

yeah i dont mind it staying as it is now, i just always imagine a ride like that could fit really well with nemmy, but the idea of an oasis at the bottom of forbidden valley is still good, adn i like air for that. Also, i think air itslef provides less intense experience to nemesis, so the themeing should also suggest that. :D

Fright nights on the 28th. Im ready to scream!!!!
DiogoJ42

If you ask me, Air has to be the biggest let-down ever. It sticks out like a sore thumb in FV. The ride itself is...erm... OK, but it's quite possibly the ugliest coloured coaster I've seen. It should have been themed as a dive-bomb attack on Nemy

jpecool: Your idea could just be the saving grace for this over-hyped/ under-themed ride.
TenZero

Everyones wish is that there is a re-theme in the lil air tunnel, it will probably only be painted light blue becasue they cant have smoke/fog/mist/dry-ice/water because it interferes with the sensors but if it was wasteland there could be a sorta drain thingy with holes in and smoke coming out of it. Also a small water pond thing with mini explosions like Nemmie Inferno.
coaster_chris

If you touch Nemesis you touch me, GRRR! :twisted: :mrgreen: Leave Nemie alone, the ride is just perfect as it is!! 8)

Chris
phillipvass

I don't know how you could retheme air really :? The Air colours arn't dreadful, they're a tasteful blue, but it's in the wrong place making it it look worse than it is
Williscroft

I think the colours are great and look realy smooth and carm for the ride. I also think the area the ride has been put in is great as your walking through this recked place then all of a sudden at the bottom of this area is a carm peiceful place, i think it fits perfectly and i cant imagen it any were else in the park realy. :D
Anonymous

[quote="".-Matt-.""]they cant have smoke/fog/mist/dry-ice/water because it interferes with the sensors [/quote]

Yeah they can! The smoke will be in the tunnel so the ride as reay done all its pre-start checks and no longer needs to comunicate with the master computer, so adding smoke wont effect it. Also what is wrong with air? Yeah its blue. yeah its sticks out but its ment too! Air is the peace after the storm, the light at the end of the valley and I think it fits in ok.