How about a dark ride based on Mary K Baxter's book?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
TheOutpatient

You can read her divine revelation of Hell here: http://www.divinerevelations.info/mary_ ... f_hell.htm

Imagine a ride based on actual Hell like this book suposedly is. Whether you believe it or not, the images Baxter portrays are absolutely horrifying. Skeletons in multiple pits burning to death, revolving tunnels(yes, just like in Duel), coffins with demons marching around them who shove spears in through slits, the burning rivers of hell where skeletons are chained ankle to wrist, lost souls in cells who burst into flames. This book contains images that are so horrific that even the most crude, basic recreation into tableux is still going to be quite terrifying. It may seem over the top but isn't this Hell is what most dark rides are getting at anyway? Why not go the whole way?

Even if you don't believe in Mary and her book, you should read it because the pictures she paints are truely terrifying, even if its all made up, which personaly I dont think it is (but still I have nothing against you if you are atheist or gay, to me you are all my brothers in themepark culture.)

Can you imagine a dark ride like this? It would be incredible.
I know from the Sally Corp's website someone was trying to recreate Dante's Inferno but this trumps that for sure.

Here is a video of some paintings by a few Korean artists who were shown Hell: http://www.divinerevelations.info/docum ... /index.htm There are some parallels with Mary K's story but that is a different topic. Just look at these pictures and imagine the dark ride that could come from them.

The music could be like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKYmXeTTdWs Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium by My Dying Bride- feel free to suggest other hellish music to me.
Last edited by TheOutpatient on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stan.H

Maybe a retheme of duel??
TheOutpatient

Aww I dont think so Emporium. Duel still has some great bits, like the tilted room and trommel and I'm never one for bulldozing good rides.
Stan.H

Fine, Charlie & The Chocolate Factory!! :twisted: :roll: :P
TheOutpatient

Thats more like it :D
I like your name btw
Stan.H

TheOutpatient wrote:Thats more like it :D
I like your name btw
Cheers m8
George B

I personally do not think that AT should make a ride based on this idea. I wouldn't feel quite right having a dark ride based on a religious vision. It almost reminds me of the sort of ones that are in the deep south of America, and maybe this is where something like this should be.

Thanks to NemesisRider for the signature