The Future Of Th13teen

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Robert.W

I do agree, there are some good ride experiences to be had in Dark Forest, but the actual theming of the land is a bit lack lustre. It's good that Towers have given it some TLC recently, but the whole area still looks as if it needs a bit of an overhaul... Thirteen's theming however, is especially good.

Ben-

This will never happen but i would love for the track before the drop to be longer, and what would be awesome is that if the backwards part of the ride had a corkscrew.
In case I don't see ya good afternoon, good evening, and good night, ha ha

Formally bendaboss
Vladimir Bobinski

Same thing as above really, it's a fun overall ride experiance, despite the horrific marketing strategy, I think that's been forgotten now.

If anything if there was a way they could extend the outdoor ride layout or improve it so that last section wasn't so slow, the weakest part of the ride is the last half of the outdoor section.  Can't see it happening though.
Nickolai

I'm sure if the trims were turned off the outdoor section would be improved massively.
Formally Smiler313
Dan

Smiler313 wrote:I'm sure if the trims were turned off the outdoor section would be improved massively.
They can't turn the trims off.

The reason they were fitted/turned on was because the train was reaching the 2nd lift hill too quickly which was causing the ride to shut down.

Yes the trims are annoying but they aid reliability massively.
Nickolai

Aha right! I knew they have to keep them on but I don't know why... Thanks Dan!
Formally Smiler313
wakey1512

Dan wrote:
Smiler313 wrote:I'm sure if the trims were turned off the outdoor section would be improved massively.
They can't turn the trims off.

The reason they were fitted/turned on was because the train was reaching the 2nd lift hill too quickly which was causing the ride to shut down.

Yes the trims are annoying but they aid reliability massively.
I know this isn't likely to ever happen so please take this comment as tongue in cheek - but wouldn't it be nice if the trims were removed and the outdoor section extended significantly? That way you will still enter the second lift hill at an appropriate speed while enjoying more outdoor track and excellent airtime on the first hump. When riding thirteen i feel disappointed for two reasons - the numbed down experience with the trims and the lack of real 'outdoor' proper rollercoastering experience. There is only 20 seconds of the ride that is outdoors (if you exclude the lift hill). This ride could utilise the terrain hugging banked turns much more.
Justin

The trouble is, extending any ride will increase queue times. I love the idea of Th13teen's outdoor section being longer though, especially with more airtime!
Rob
Admin
Admin

i'm sure on the original plans the outdoor section was longer but due to budget the ride length was scaled back.
S.J_O'Grady

Does anyone have a link to the original plans.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

We have what I believe are the plans originally submitted to SMDC on our archived SW6 site, however the layout they show does appear to be what was built.
JC13

I’d love for Th13teen’s outdoor section to be made longer, and the trims off. Th13teen is probably the Rollercoaster I have ridden the most in my life (may only be beaten by Stampida or El Diablo). I’d hate for it to leave, but would welcome a longer outdoor section, although it will never happen
DeadJack5

I don't think an outdoor section extension will be happening. I don't see anything happening to this ride, why change something that isn't broken. It gets big queue times and is a very popular ride amongst the general public. This will be stopping for a long time i can see. It's 7 years old now and works great, it's smooth and like i said just, it is still popular. I do enjoy this ride a lot and provides a enjoyable experience.
Scarlyboo22

I think that they need an updated backstory for the Dark Forest. Maybe some changes to how far it has grown and maybe give it a scarier theme. Thirteen could have some more overgrown themes and this could attract some more rides to the area (if there’s any space).
Dungeon-X-Smile

I'd like a little extra theming in the outside area and in the queue line. I think that would be a lovely touch to revive the ride and could be used to help update the story.
Coaster Chall

I do feel as if Th13teen will be a coaster to stay...but only if there aren't any storied coasters with better technology. Like one of those Dynamic Attractions SFX Coasters (Gringotts from Universal) but themed around Th13teen with an extended backstory!
matt_1985x

I'm probably gonna be the only person that thinks this but basically I was thinking maybe the drop would be better if there was some light. Not a lot of light, just a bit so you can see yourself dropping.
theparklifekid

Archermav wrote:The drop if fine in it's current state. The only improvement that could be made would be that the drop is all in 1 as opposed to a small drop then the main one as I feel the small one ruins the surprise.
As someone whos been on Darkmare/Inferno at Cinecitta World (same type of ride as 13), I can say that 13 has a better drop due to the fake pre drop catching people off guard. The one big drop just felt like a random element.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Justin

I like the pre drop. It is suppose to give the effect that the floorboards are cracking and giving way, adding to the theme.
stevebrown

Justin wrote:I like the pre drop. It is suppose to give the effect that the floorboards are cracking and giving way, adding to the theme.
Yeah I like it too. I've been on it with many first timers and they have said they thought the pre-drop was it, so when the main drop happened it was more of a surprise.  One even said he expected to go forward after the drop so going backwards was a shock as was the little drop out of the crypt.
Mind you it helps that our group always tells them that the surprise of Th13teen is the Tesla coil, then once past that reassure them that there's nothing else.  :lol