The future of Coaster Corner

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Alton13Nemesis

Hi guys, interested to hear what everyone thinks to a future coaster corner development? Is there anything in it, will w ever see the likes of a new roller coaster here, or an expansion of cloud cuckoo land?
Tom

I highly doubt we will ever see a new roller coaster in this area, an expansion of CCL would be possible though, but probably unnecessary. A lot of the area is used for BTS related things so this would need to be relocated somewhere else for it to be usable again.
Alton13Nemesis

I doubted a new major coaster there too, I can however see a slight expansion to cbeebies. Shame though, could provide much needed space for development.
Burniel

I think when Ice Age goes (it will become outdated and the contract will end), the whole area could get a re-theme and some attention, perhaps a Junior coaster in the CCL area, and some kid's rides in the current Coaster Corner. Just an idea.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Alton13Nemesis

Perhaps. Would love to see a wooden wild mouse go up there.
stealthsmiler

I would hate to see that. They are dangerous and simply not fun. The day BPB reduce theirs to fire wood will be a good day for everyone. This means also it would be harder to advertise than a normal woody and I would much prefer the money is invested into something worth the money, such as new flats.
NemesisRider

Why would AT bother with a wild mouse ride? Blackpool pleasure beach have one and Merlin tend to avoid more minor manufacturers. Merlin like Intamin, Mack, B&M and Fabbi to name a few.
Themeparksandy1981

Good area to build a dark ride or a coaster in the dark.
I would love 2 see a whole doctor who area with a doctor movie shown in the theatre.
Count-Vonduel

What is Coaster Corner?
NemesisRider

TBH I have no idea where it is. I guess near CCL...
Mark-Cal

stealthsmiler wrote:I would hate to see that. They are dangerous and simply not fun. The day BPB reduce theirs to fire wood will be a good day for everyone..
Ooh, someone doesn't appreciate one of the finest classic coasters still available to ride today.
I agree the Towers would never have another mouse (been there, done that) but nothing would please me more than if they bought the mouse from Blackpool (I'm sure they'd love to see the back of it ) and re erected it, rust, rotten wood and all.

There isn't a ride in the country that puts a bigger smile on my face than the Wild Mouse, although to be fair I'm probably only smiling through relief that I've survived the ride again!
fillc85

Coaster corner is where the flag tower is if you look for videos on you tube and i think someone may have even put aerial photos up on the forum at some point.

The problem there is the noise, thats why everything had to be taken down in the first place. I'd love another coaster there but unless its quiet AT have no chance. SOoooo i guess it will have to be a dark ride or indoor coaster :)
NemesisRider

OK.

Hold on, who's saying they're going to build anything there in the first place? I mean anything new...
Benji

Alton Towers did..it was highlighted in the LTDP that coaster corner could be an area for expansion in the future but with it being one of the closest points to the village of Alton itself I doubt we'll see a large scale roller coaster there, but who knows, I didn't see a 14 inversion roller coaster being built on the black hole site either :lol
NemesisRider

^^^ Being close to the village would almost certainly be a problem.
AT have lots of problems over noise already, they won't want to have any more...
Alton13Nemesis

A dark ride wouldn't make much noise if properly insulated
Burniel

In an ideal world, I'd build a dark ride in coaster corner, then bulldoze Duel and get a coaster there, but this is also unlikely due to restrictions in the Gloomy Wood area.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
NemesisRider

I guess that's just life because of AT's restrictions...
Alton13Nemesis

AT wouldn't be as class as it is without restrictions. Nemesis would have been 200ft high, and terrible, instead we got a far better ride because planning forced us to be over creative
cookiee_munster

it would be stupid of them not to use the space really. obviously a dark ride, or an indoor rollercoaster due to the noise element. its a large area of space with potential. infact the whole of cloud cuckoo land does...