Nemesis 21st Birthday?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
pob

I've just come back off holiday - while I was away I was talking to a woman who works at Alton Towers - when she saw that me and the family were all wearing Alton Towers based clothing (Nemesis, Smiler and Oblivion tops) she mentioned that there were plans in progress to celebrate the 21st birthday of Nemesis next year. She didn't give any details but said that with CBeebies land opening this year they had decided to make next year a big one for Nemesis.

No idea if what she was saying was true - anyone else heard anything along these lines?
Dan

There is quite a bit of truth in this.

I think they had originally planned to make her 20th a big celebration but decided to put it back until next year (probably due to budgets)

They had already started producing 20th anniversary merchandise before they decided to postpone the celebration, which is why there is a handful of t-shirts & hoodies in the Air shop and Towers Trading.

As for what they are planning, no-one knows yet.
Danny

Yes, they tweeted back at the start of the year announcing it was Nemesis 20th birthday, and that her 21st would be extra special.

I am eager to find out more, I hope it's not something lame like a new sign and some new merchandise. I hope it's something added to the ride experience, and to re painted all theming and station. :)
Dom

She will be old enough to so the following

Apply to adopt a child
Hold an airline transport pilot's licence for an aeroplane, helicopter and gyroplane
Apply for a provisional licence to drive a large passenger vehicle or heavy goods vehicle
Supervise a learner driver (providing you have held a full licence for the same type of vehicle for at least three years)

They grow up so quickly.
But can't wait to see what AT plan
Jack

there was speculation before about this, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it corky's 21st birthday that was celebrated and not it's 20th? either way this sounds exciting that something will probably be done to celebrate 21 years of fright time :P
stealthsmiler

Has the red 'blood' come back yet. The past two times I've been this year, it has just been normal water. Or is that what they are going to do for Nemmy's 21st. :D
Dan

stealthsmiler wrote:Has the red 'blood' come back yet. The past two times I've been this year, it has just been normal water. Or is that what they are going to do for Nemmy's 21st. :D
I don't think the red blood will be coming back any time soon.

Apparently an error was made when adding the dye and the external water supply was contaminated, so I don't think they are allowed to use it anymore.

I could be wrong but it's what I read on the other forum.
Inferno Attractions

They should totally turn all the water around AT to blood (Except drinking water ofcorse :D)
The main lake, Katanga Water, EVERYTHING
Thanks to lewis97 for the signature (I think he may be a Wizard)

Inferno Attractions
LittlestarRed

I'm so pleased to hear this! I really hope they do go ahead with celebrating her 21st!

I was so disappointed with the T-shirts and Hoodies that were made available for her 20th. Here's to hoping they'll go all out, make a fuss and spoil her (and us) next year for her 21st!!
NemeJaney

Dom wrote:She will be old enough to so the following

Apply to adopt a child
She can certainly adopt me. :D :love:
RCandrew

OMG she should adopt a child i.e have a baby Nemesis i.e A kids inverted roller coaster in forbidden valley :lol :clap: \:D/
jamesc

Just takeout Ripsaw and the Blade, and put a Junior Nemesis Inverted B&M in their place to keep Nemesis company for her next 21 years. :lol

It be like a baby sister for her, at last she would have a child after 21 years!
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
tallicay2k

Would it be a bit sad to go on her 21st and let off a party popper...
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Sentri558

tallicay2k wrote:Would it be a bit sad to go on her 21st and let off a party popper...
Not a bit ;)
chickyjd

stealthsmiler wrote:Has the red 'blood' come back yet. The past two times I've been this year, it has just been normal water. Or is that what they are going to do for Nemmy's 21st. :D

We went during Scarefest last year and it was red - assumed they did it on purpose because of Scarefest. This weekend was just normal water.
Paws

Some of the Six Flags parks have edited the trains on their Batman B&M Inverters so they now run backwards and will be turned back around at the end of the season. I'm not sure if its something that Alton Towers would actually do but it does seem quite interesting.
Sr88

Paws wrote:Some of the Six Flags parks have edited the trains on their Batman B&M Inverters so they now run backwards and will be turned back around at the end of the season. I'm not sure if its something that Alton Towers would actually do but it does seem quite interesting.
I think many people have said this before I have, but it would be cool maybe if they just changed the back row on each and (somehow) added in a backwards riding queue, similar to a front-row queue. Would add a small feature.

And then some of these theming experts TTF is full of could come up with a story as to how some of it ended up backwards ;)
Themeparksandy1981

I bet that cake will yet again be used for it's 21st Birthday.
stealthsmiler

I would love Nemmy to get a backwards facing row! Dont Know how it would be done in the Station though. Maybe they could edit the front row queue and back row queue and have one train backwards, one forward. The ride attendant could then just let the bays be filled with the normal queue first, then the backwards queue etc. I dont really think it would cause much more hassle. The queue would keep moving as the split is near the end of the queue and many people after riding backwards will just choose the shorter queue of the two. Single riders would just be put on which ever train has empty seats.
Paws

I think if it was to be done they would either turn both trains around or just the last 2 rows. Looking at some of the pictures of the reversed Batman's it seems that a row of seats has been removed leaving just the wheel sets, so the the same thing could could probably happen to Nemesis if the whole trains are turned around.