Nemesis 21st Birthday?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Danny

Sr88 wrote:
DannyG wrote:I would have thought that any amendments to the ride would have been discussed with John himself, especially if these changes will change the appearance of the ride. Now as that's like John's signature coaster I don't think he would approve of many changes other than a station repaint and a redo of the voice overs in the station. I could see them maybe adding some new effects to the ride such as water squirting up at your feet around the helix and mist added to the tunnel after the loop.

However I've noticed a lot of people want to enclose the brake run. I wouldn't mind this if they were going to theme it etc; but can't see John approving of it.
While it would be nice to discuss it with John, unless I am mistaken, I doubt they would have to, given that Merlin own it and can really do whatever they want with it.
I know Merlin do not have to consult John about any changes to their rides. All I'm saying is that after over 25 years working together, and how much popularity and money John has made them, they would probably run any plans for Nemesis by John they have first before making final decisions.
Jack

I'm sure john said somewhere (maybe even at N@20) that Merlin go to him with the odd thing :D
wakey1512

Hasn't he retired anyway? I'm sure he would appreciate being left alone really!
Jack

he said that he was pleased that they wanted to keep running things by him, at least thats what I've got in my head :P
Sr88

Going back to the point about the enclosed brake run, I doubt it's something Alton Towers would do, as there's not really much to gain from doing it. I personally cannot see how it would make much / any difference.

Although, if they really were to invest in it, a new dual loading station like Air could be a major investment to do, along with a 3rd train, to increase the throughput. Although that's obviously never going to happen, and money would obviously be better spent elsewhere.

Going back to the backwards idea, I would love to see that, and there is a good money-making opportunity there, but I just don't see it happening sadly.
RCandrew

Enclosing the break run would be a good way to split Air into a new land wouldn't it? Because then it wouldn't be so obvious that nemesis tucks under air!
sw7nutter

Nemesis backwards i think would ruin the ride. Also i hope that they would run the idea past wardley first and im most certain he would say no. Backwards is a pointless gimmick to try and boost riders for a bit.
Dr.Kelham

What I would like to see is mainly maintenance, station as well as the old queue line, maybe even the original signage could be used :)
With thanks to lewis97 :)
stealthsmiler

I think next year will see the reintroduction of the old logo. Hopefully inside the station will be redone and mist on the tunnel would be brilliant.
Dr.Kelham

stealthsmiler wrote:I think next year will see the reintroduction of the old logo. Hopefully inside the station will be redone and mist on the tunnel would be brilliant.
I certainly hope so :)
With thanks to lewis97 :)
Sr88

RCandrew wrote:Enclosing the break run would be a good way to split Air into a new land wouldn't it? Because then it wouldn't be so obvious that nemesis tucks under air!
Ahh yes, I had thought that maybe if they built in the Air car park then they would split Air into it too. It's theming may not even need changing that much, as it's not currently very 'forbidden'.
nemefan08

Add Fire around the first drop area. Only to be used during peak times though. It would cost a lot but would be a true sign that AT do care about nemesis
nemefan08

Extra theming couldn't hurt as well.
Dan

nemefan08 wrote:Extra theming couldn't help as well.
Nemesis won't get any extra theming, fire effects or anything of that nature. I reckon that all she'll get is a lick of paint on the station (maybe the track at a push but I'm not sure she needs it) and a big song and dance about it being her 21st birthday!
mark_h

Looking forward to her 30th it would be worth trying to get her listed (by English Heritage). This would offer some protection against removal (this is not absolute protection, reasons including structural condition and business could override listing status).

Rollercoasters count as buildings in terms of listing. Structures under 30 years are very difficult to get listed. The (currently closed) Scenic Railway in Margate is grade II* listed.
Sr88

It's a nice idea but in reality that would do more harm than good. Merlin (or whoever owns it) will remove it when the time is right, and if it is unpopular then there is no point continuing. Listing it would make it much more difficult to remove.
JustWill

Can you actually LIST a roller coaster?
The old woodies and flying machines at BPB aren't listed are they? :-k

But hey, you never know! :D
TheBeast

Cant say that I know...but I cant see why not. If I recall correctly, there are a couple of roumors that Alton are going to create a cross valley coaster running from Dark Flrest into Flrbidden Valley. That way Air and the coaster ( probably ending or starting in the old position of Ripsaw) could be rethemed into a new section. I think Nemesis just needs more theming as well as a refurbishmemt... maube make the Nemesis monster look more like the one shown in Sub-Terra
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Altontowersbarlow

Now that The Alton Towers Resort have added a storyline (which includes the parks rides) into the annual fireworks, I can see Nemesis getting a substantial section of fireworks to celebrate her birthday. This seems plausible as Merlin would not have to spend excessive amounts of money or create a separate event. Despite this prospect I would also like to see a whole night dedicated to Nemesis. The event could consist of the park closing late at night. The park would close at 1:00 in the morning. All effects such as: lights, smoke and projectors would already be placed a day prior to the event. The Actors would come out in the evening and remain around the theme park until the park closes.

Nemesis: Fright Night
. A large projection could run using the Towers as a backdrop. The projection could play the Nemesis Legend (with subtitles to avoid extra noise disrupting the village of Alton.)

. Towers Street would be lit up in a blood red colour to symbolise the iconic Nemesis blood.

. Phalanx Operatives would stalk the whole park interacting with guests.

. The Nemesis soundtrack would play across the park at a quiet level

. Nemesis Sub-Terra could be illuminated by more red lighting and have small themed projections running along the outside of the rides show building. Nemesis Sub-Terra could also be operating on extreme mode.

. The whole of Forbidden Valley could be illuminated with coloured lighting.

. Temporary fire effects could be added around Nemesis and Air for the special event.

. Smoke could be added to the Air tunnel and around the course of the ride.

.Nemesis would have a temporary extended queue-line added to cater for extra guests and small quarantine tents could be added to small sections of her queue.

.Her station would have temporary smoke effects added which would activate after each train dispatches.

. Strobe lights would be added to the bottom of the Nemesis pit adding "chaos" as riders complete the course of the ride.

. A small pop up screen would play the original Nemesis Advert.

Ride Availability
All of The Alton Towers Resorts' rides and attractions would remain open until 6:00. At 6:00 all smaller attractions and rides that cater for younger children would be closed, only leaving thrill areas open. This would help cut unnecessary running costs. All ride availability and Nemesis: Fright Night details would be included in the television marketing campaign.
Mark.aa

How about having jhon wardley in the dispatchers booth announcing the train dispatch on the event first day for first 21 trains of the day. Or 21 trains at a point of the day?