The Future Of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Rob
Admin
Admin

missmarvel123 wrote:Maybe At could use the CATCF building to create an indoor rollercoaster.
I don't think the building would be big enough for an indoor coaster. There is the possibility that it could be partly used for a coaster and make the use of the old coaster corner.

The likelihood is we will see another retheme of the building and the existing ride infrastructure.
jaybee85

I would like to see it used as a new attraction in the Dark Forest area, as let's face it that area isn't exactly very dark at the moment lol. I'd have the facade of the building similar to how they've done the Thirteen showbuilding, so you go into a sort of crypt where the pre-show is, but then I'd have the ride itself as a forest (having the outdoors indoors would certainly make it dark). There'd be lots of gags along the route, for example one of the trees would suddenly fall into the water and create a big splash. There'd also be wraiths popping up all over the place.
Maitland88

Guessing it's gonna be empty a while......
1991troysmith

Has anyone suggested despicable me ride or something similar?

The front facade of Charlie and the chocolate factory ride could be Drew house and couple of neighbours to show the effect.

Que line could be waking thorough his house with interactions along the way, him a sleep on sofa etc. Then the main ride will be (the illusion it's underneath his house) obviously it's not. But this will allow guests to step into the factory/ test lab below which would be the main ride.

Even parts of Charlie could be upgraded and revamped to use for the factory/experimental rooms. Along the route obvisouly there be loads of minions. Lots of drops/turns and backwards shocks. Possibly a giant minion at then end with a large drop. Parts of the ride would pop back up into drew house, unaware of the carnage down stairs.

This ride could even have a different type of 4D guns installed onto them to catch the blue infected minions. Not like duel which I junk is a pointless attraction, (no interaction, nothing moves , lasers just green spots, pointless) this would make use of some screens and projection mapping that when targets are hit, the objects move or react. As well as protections change shape/create different animations etc. Also targets have different scores for different shapes.

This type of ride could also work on Duel.

This ride doesn't event have to be a boat ride. It could even be one of them floor-less track rides that spin different directions.

Either way, The Gruffalo Ride is good, but isn't going to cut it. Merlin really need to spend the budget here like Darren Brown, as Alton is classed as the uk best theme park. Both Duel and Charlie Need to be completely improved and designed to such a better standard. It's just embarrassing now compared to theme parks Abroad. Which many customers would have gone to at least one of these parks in there time. We haven't got one good dark ride.

Duel like a tacky fair ground attraction. I'm upset TLC have been told to improve inside there as it all needs ripping out now and starting again. Budget needs to be increased it's just to tacky and basic now. with no purpose and silly guns, that now any consumer expects more than a rubbish scoring system and a buzzing sound from a green flash on the wall.

Sorry for poor spelling and punctuation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
theparklifekid

I can pretty much guarantee that a Despicable Me ride won't come to the park. Universal holds the rights to the brand. So unless AT is brought by Universal, its not happening.
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
1991troysmith

theparklifekid wrote:I can pretty much guarantee that a Despicable Me ride won't come to the park. Universal holds the rights to the brand. So unless AT is brought by Universal, its not happening.

Ok I didn't realise, as others said dream works etc. It's just a suggestion, or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robert.W

What if Alton Towers were to inherit the Bubbleworks theme for CATCF? I actually think it would fit in to the current Cloud Cuckoo Land area quite well... I imagine Chessington will have some of the old themeing that could be put to use. It's just a thought... what does everyone think?

AltonOperator

I remember them selling quite a lot of it for charity. I would love to see it though! They could do something really cool with the 'elevator'
Thanks Jack
Robert.W

I don't really know how much truth is in this, but I have heard it mentioned on other forums that there may be work going on in the CATCF building to remove the theme since the IP deal ran out, so they can reopen the ride. As I say though, I wouldn't know wether that is really true or not. It could be that they've already started on something much bigger, perhaps for the anticipated retheme of CCL... What do we think?

Joel Allen

Robert.W wrote:I don't really know how much truth is in this, but I have heard it mentioned on other forums that there may be work going on in the CATCF building to remove the theme since the IP deal ran out, so they can reopen the ride. As I say though, I wouldn't know wether that is really true or not. It could be that they've already started on something much bigger, perhaps for the anticipated retheme of CCL... What do we think?
If it meant we get another ride for the lineup, I’m all into that, as well the reopening of Twirling Toadstool.
Nickolai

There was talk of something being in the works for 2019.
Formally Smiler313
Dan

I don’t think we’ll see anything happen with the Charlie building until Cloud Cuckoo Land receives some attention, most likely in the form of a retheme.

The area in its current state borders on a ghost town, so until the area CCL currently occupies gets a new lease of life, the building will be hidden away.
Robert.W

Yeah, I agree with that, Dan. It doesn't make an awful lot of sense to make only small changes to the ride, only to then give it an entire retheme. 

Talking of the 2019 addition at Alton – I'm pretty sure that it has to be a retheme of CCL. When we think about it, there was TH13TEEN in 2010, with a new land planned to follow in 2011, which was then cancelled in place of Sub Terra, which opened in 2012. Then there was The Smiler in 2013, with CBeebies Land following in 2014. So it would definitely make sense if CCL got a retheme next year following Wicker Man this year.

Stan.H

Personally, I'd rather they focused on adding flat rides to the park before a retheme of CCL if I'm being honest, as although the area needs work, most of CCL is looking decent following the recent TLC on some of the buildings and driving school. Whereas the flat ride selection at Towers is close to none existent, however, in the future I would love an over haul/retheme. 
Robert.W

I guess they could add some new flat rides to a rethemed CCL?? Although that would likely happen in the following years, like the expansions to CBeebies Land perhaps. I definitely agree though, at least one new flat ride per area for Dark Forest, Forbidden Valley and X-Sector would be great. Preferably suitable for all the family, so that in each area there is something for everyone.

Stan.H

If Twirling Toadstool came back and they added another family flat (themed to whatever the CatCF retheme may be) I could see that working, however (although it's not really relevant to this topic), we need Thrill flats, not more family flats - as although there is a lack in both, I feel thrills are more necessary following the removal of Ripsaw, Submission (gone, but not forgotten) and whatever happened to Nemesis:S-T.
Robert.W

The reason I say we need flats for all the family in the three areas I mentioned above, is because at the moment, if you're visiting with a group / family of completely different ages, it means that in an area like FV, there isn't a lot for the younger members of the group to do, aside from Blade. In Dark Forest and X-Sector, there is basically nothing for younger people to do, although a rethemed CCL could help that situation a little for Dark Forest.

I think really we need a thrill flat in Dark Forest, a family flat in X-Sector, and one thrill and one family flat in Forbidden Valley, as well as at least one new family flat in a rethemed Cloud Cuckoo Land. But I know I'm asking for way too much, and Merlin will probably consider thrill flats easier to market, so I'd say there is more of a chance for them, and I suppose that is better than nothing!

Dan

Can we try and stay on topic please guys :)

Remember we have 2015-2019: Possible Developments? and What do you think should replace CCL? to discuss both future installations and the future of Cloud Cuckoo Land.
abigsmurf

With Gangsta Granny rumoured, I wonder how likely it is that whatever replaces this will still be the same ride system. There must be a lot of ride equipment that's approaching 30 years old and has been sitting unused for a few years. It'll cost a lot of money to get it running again and maintenance must be tricky.

Would it be a better investment to dig up the water channel and either put in a trackless system or Spider-man type tech? Change the type of boat and channel, make it more of a replacement to the log flume with a drop and other thrill elements?
Robert.W

If it is a Gangsta Granny themed ride, they won't use the same ride system that they already have, if they use the CATCF building. It wouldn't fit with the story I don't think. I think they'll go with something more like Duel for the ride system, or possibly a Mack Inverted Powered Coaster (the ride system used for ARTHUR at Europa Park).