Gloomy Wood Future

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Altontowersbarlow

Hello we all know that Gloomy wood is lacking in alot of rides and has a lot of room in the forest for development big enough for a roller coaster infact so share your ideas on what new rides including flat and roller coasters could be  built there please only reply if you have suggestions for new rides or and roller coasters and developments :D
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPAJ13

There wont be a big ride in that area as most of that area is protected under tight planning regulations as part of that wood goes go into protected woodland in the valley and around towers.
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work
Altontowersbarlow

Lead Piping wrote: There wont be a big ride in that area as most of that area is protected under tight planning regulations as part of that wood goes go into protected woodland in the valley and around towers.
They did have a rollercoaster going to be built there though but they decided not to but there is deffinatley room for a flat or two there what sort of flat would you want to see.
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hmv

I can't really see anything being done with gloomy wood in the near future. Maybe in the distant future when the monorail gets removed as then there will be a massive amount of room where the workshop and sidings were. I also highly doubt AT would do anything in the woods as it would mean disturbing a protected woodland and turning in to a great big hassle, also why would they remove the name sake of the area Gloomy "wood" :)
Altontowersbarlow

Hmv wrote: I can't really see anything being done with gloomy wood in the near future. Maybe in the distant future when the monorail gets removed as then there will be a massive amount of room where the workshop and sidings were. I also highly doubt AT would do anything in the woods as it would mean disturbing a protected woodland and turning in to a great big hassle, also why would they remove the name sake of the area Gloomy "wood" :)
yes but as ive already pointed out they have the option to build there :D
Kirsty25

altontowersbarlow wrote:
Hmv wrote: I can't really see anything being done with gloomy wood in the near future. Maybe in the distant future when the monorail gets removed as then there will be a massive amount of room where the workshop and sidings were. I also highly doubt AT would do anything in the woods as it would mean disturbing a protected woodland and turning in to a great big hassle, also why would they remove the name sake of the area Gloomy "wood" :)
In total honesty, I don't think they should on principal, the theme park has enough restrictions and challenges from the people who live in the area, and why remove woodland when there is so little "green" space around these days! I say leave it as it is, though a flat ride would be pretty cool (can't think what right now) or up in the top by hex could fit a smallish flat...
Heisenberg96

Only future I see that place have is Duel: Live or merging with another area such a FV. No real opportunities due to planning regulations round there.
Henry

altontowersbarlow wrote:
Lead Piping wrote: There wont be a big ride in that area as most of that area is protected under tight planning regulations as part of that wood goes go into protected woodland in the valley and around towers.
They did have a rollercoaster going to be built there though but they decided not to but there is deffinatley room for a flat or two there what sort of flat would you want to see.
If you mean the Broomstick coaster, i think those were fake, apparently if you can see close enough, all the technical details were airs.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
Hmv

altontowersbarlow wrote:
Tbh I don't think they do have the option to build there due to planing regulatations and it infringing upon historic woodland and earthworks, the only reason haunted hollow exists is because it was a pre-existing pathway.
Altontowersbarlow

Please I thank you for your post I am gratefull you are sharing opinions but please only post ideas if you have any ideas for development such as new rides thank you :D
Hmv

So a forum where people can have their say we can't have our say  :lol:
Altontowersbarlow

Yes it would be fine but it is pointless to have  apost of people saying wont happen nothing or planning premission im not being picky im simply saying I would like to here ideas for gloomy wood rather than saying the oposite I apreciate your input though and thank you for your co-operation
Henry

Oh if you meant ideas then I think the broomstick coaster would be really good and would be interesting to ride.
Dom

i like and dislike the fact that gloomy wood only has one ride. i like it because it means its different from the rest of the park and sort of has a lonelyness feel to it so it makes it a bit creepy. i dont like it because it should have something else. whenever ive been to AT the main queue that goes into the forest is never used. they could do away with that and put some sort of flat ride in there. it wouldnt have to be a big stand out one. just something small in size that would fit there.
Altontowersbarlow

Yes very good idea anyone got an idea what ride that could be  :D
Henry

Maybe a rollercoaster or a flat themed around a spider, like the Are you scared of spiders bit in duel.
Dom

definatly a flat ride. im just not sure what type. but i dont think a spider theme on the ride would be right. its gloomy wood so something with a ghost theme.
Henry

Ah Good point but I was just thinking it could be easier to make an indoor ghost ride but you're probably right.
Altontowersjack13

I'm hoping that gloomy word will have another ride as just the one ride is a bit boring I've seen the broomstick launch coaster plans that were scrapped any ideas on what flat rides could be put there ?? :-k :-k :-k
Luviico

I would like Gloomy Wood to stay as it is to be honest. The mere fact that duel is secluded on it's own surrounded by woodland just adds to the atmosphere. Plus the fact that the area is quiet which also adds to it. You get a flat in there and extra noise is going to be added, ruining the eerie-ness. I know people want AT to fit as many attractions in as possible but I don't see this area as being one which majorly needs developing. You start tampering with Gloomy Wood adding new things and it won't seem the same scary atmosphere as intended.