Submission Replacement

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
stealthsmiler

I think MOJ theme would be good, for the whole of X sector. Otherwise the area would kinda be themeless, the whole area needs to be linked somehow to make it go.
Tom170499

Hari wrote:Well, tbh it is Merlin. I sorta just told myself to not expect a ride now...
BUT, some will disagree, but I think that the path in between Enterprise and what was Submission, they should make a new entrance for the smiler. Maybe making it just curve around behind Enterprise and down into the pit. I've never liked the entrance to The Smiler and have always thought it looks a little bit tacky. Maybe they could make one in between those rides and have animated thing such as a spiral spinning above the entrance. It definitely means there is a lot more room there. The current entrance could be kept as a fastrack queue? Idk, but it will never happen.
Isn't that area an access road? I remember at Scarefest last year when someone fainted on Enterprise and an ambulance was called. It came through those gates.
Hari

Tom170499 wrote: Isn't that area an access road? I remember at Scarefest last year when someone fainted on Enterprise and an ambulance was called. It came through those gates.
It probably is you know... now I think about it
lewis97
Admin
Admin

This photo taken by Tatenhill Aviation shows that Submission has now been removed and its trenches filled in.
Dan

From that photo it doesn't look too bad, at least they've filled it in when they could have easily just removed the ride and stuck a fence around the area.
Alex

Dan.N wrote:From that photo it doesn't look too bad, at least they've filled it in when they could have easily just removed the ride and stuck a fence around the area.
Dont speak too soon Dan, there is plenty of time for that to happen ;)

Also from that picture it would seem that The Smiler was testing when they took it as there is a train on the vertical lift hill.
Dr.Kelham

Alex wrote:
Dan.N wrote:From that photo it doesn't look too bad, at least they've filled it in when they could have easily just removed the ride and stuck a fence around the area.
Dont speak too soon Dan, there is plenty of time for that to happen ;)

Also from that picture it would seem that The Smiler was testing when they took it as there is a train on the vertical lift hill.
You can also see the new extended queue line for the smiler from that picture too :)
With thanks to lewis97 :)
awsomelycoolboy

Haha submission is as old as me! I was born in 2001!
RobStandley

What about something similar to DMP new ride for 2014?

http://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/park-guid ... w-for-2014

Oblivion guy

This is a brilliant Idea. It could be themed about a machine that brings smiling levels up to 100% if the Smiler failed with this. Let's say that if another ride on the Smiler to bring it up to 100% would overload smiling levels so this machine would just give you a boost of joy and not overload.
Danny

I don't think there's near enough room for one although it would be good!
awsomelycoolboy

DannyG has got a point there. I don't think there will be enough room look at the size of it
[move]I do not own any rights to this image. It is only for visualisation and demonstration purposes only[/move]
Danny

Unless they remove enterprise as well as some others have said, then It could fit there :)
MRWTHO-AT

As I have said on the other Submission thread, in my opinion, the best replacement would one of the following types: Energizer, The Rack (old Camelot ride), Pandemonium and Sky Flyer (Flamingo Land ride). A combination of a Mondial Supernova ride and a swinging inverter ship would also be a good replacement and a good line up alongside Enterprise, Oblivion and The Smiler.
Martin
Rollermad

Flamingoland's sky flyer is really similar. Energizers are out of production i believe and the ones left are in Mexico. Pandemonium could be ok. The rack would be better than energizer. I think they should get Drayton Manors Pandemonium though as its a very fun ride, that's around the same size. Also it has high capacity.
Altontowersbarlow

I understand a new ride would be a perfect replacement however I feel there are other ways to fill the empty space.
My idea would be an "X-sector Hub" where interactive Screens themed around the rides would show relevant images and information. The Hub itself would be a tall, pole like structure with wires hanging off it. The screens would be attached by robotic arms and the hub would be topped off with a large flashing light. The Hub would not only act as a piece of theming but it would also link all of the rides in X-sector together. The Screens could be as follows:

The Smiler Screen
This screen would tell you when the ride opened and what the Ministry Of Joy are trying to achieve with it's creation. It would also show you the 5 marmalisation methods and play videos about each one.

The Oblivion Files Screen
This screen would show The Lord Of Darkness. He would explain that Oblivion was the first test to be created and is therefore used to break down advocates minds before the final stage of marmalisation. The screen would also show footage of the train emerging from the hole with nobody inside and play edited versions of the original Oblivion advert.

The Illusion Screen
This screen would show the user a range of optical illusions and pretend to scan their brain patterns. It would go through a process of checking their DNA and would end in a CCTV camera on top of the screen moving and flashing. After this process it would ask for the users height and either say;"Unsuitable Advocate" or "Advocate accepted-X-sector awaits". This machine would work entirely on height restrictions but would appear to operate by using technological systems.

The Test Screen
This screen would have Oblivion's, The Smiler's and Enterprises logos on a touch screen. If a logo is touched it would load a quiz on the selected ride. If any questions were answered wrongly emergency lights on the screen would flash and "FAILED ADVOCATE" would appear in written form. The screen would then show real-time footage of the user and appear to drop them through the floor followed by the message-"FAILED ADVOCATE DISPOSED"

I think a system like this could be a great asset to X-sector and would connect all of the rides in some way. :)
JammyBand

Submission didnt take up very much space and I'm not sure what other flats would be able to sit on that land. I would say Enterprise and Ripsaw take up more space, for example, so I'm not sure if Alton has many options for that particular area to be developed on with an actual ride. It's a lot more possible that they put a food/game stand on there instead, or possibly a little walkthrough explaining the theme of the area. Or, they could just put some picnic benches on there. Tbh, it's just a nice place to sit down and watch everything else (as there is no other grass in X-Sector)
MRWTHO-AT

I like the idea of an X-Sector Hub, where all rides will try to correct you.
Martin
Themeparksandy1981

I don't know if many know this but the Sky Flyer at Flamingo land was at Drayton Manor to the end of the 2003 season and basically the same ride with more seats replaced it.
We lost a lot of flats and don't want to lose anymore without them been replaced first.
jmed

JammyBand wrote:Submission didnt take up very much space and I'm not sure what other flats would be able to sit on that land. I would say Enterprise and Ripsaw take up more space, for example, so I'm not sure if Alton has many options for that particular area to be developed on with an actual ride. It's a lot more possible that they put a food/game stand on there instead, or possibly a little walkthrough explaining the theme of the area. Or, they could just put some picnic benches on there. Tbh, it's just a nice place to sit down and watch everything else (as there is no other grass in X-Sector)
Submission didn't take up much space but there is space around it, more than you realise. It does have an access road which if it cant be moved, may restrict it, but there is a paved area between submission and enterprise which could be used, and the whole plot could be pulled forward to add space. The main limit is that if you go further back, the oblivion track overhead limits the height.

There is potential for moving enterprise and using the whole area for a new ride.