Submission Replacement

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Ripsaw Raver

Ok its not my best work and imagine Submission is no longer in the picture. But just a quick and easy retheme on Ripsaw.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
daboywunda

Do you know what... That's not actually half bad! That would look amazing there!
bensaund

Love it!
If you go down to the woods today
Tom.B

That's amazing! It would fit there so much better than FV IMO, then they can put another flat in FV, possibly a more kiddy ride like Dynamo was!
Hari

Tom.B wrote: That's amazing! It would fit there so much better than FV IMO, then they can put another flat in FV, possibly a more kiddy ride like Dynamo was!
-_- Dynamo was NO WAY a kiddy ride in my opinion :P I really hurt my head on it :(
NR
Dom

As long as they replace it with something good then who cares what it is. 
DeanGaryCox

Different people have different views on what's a good ride though... Whatever they replace it with isn't going to please everyone, although any thrill ride has gotta be better than submission aha!
Image 2014
Burniel

DeanGaryCox wrote: any thrill ride has gotta be better than submission aha!
Unless it's a Merlin "thrilling theme" toilet
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Cookie Monster

Merlin tend to do bulk buys of rides from manufacturers: SAW and The Smiler ect. We could get another ABC Rides ride. 
swalesuk01

You never know Merlin may get 2 for 1 on the dodgems, don't want Alton to be left out lol
Last edited by swalesuk01 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubyGaga

I think with a significant amount of work that Ripsaw would fit nicely here. They could even use the innoculator needles around the water jets to make it seem like the needles are shooting chemicals at the riders

Image ImageImageImage
Burniel

The what do you put in place of Ripsaw in FV? I'm sorry, this doesn't work it's just delaying the inevitable.

However, I can't deny it looks pretty cool.
dazza4783

Ilovecoasters wrote: The what do you put in place of Ripsaw in FV? I'm sorry, this doesn't work it's just delaying the inevitable.

Ripsaw will be replaced by the cross valley coaster, although i doubt they would put ripsaw in x-sector in place of Submission. Not sure what they will replace Submission with. Maybe they will remove Enterprise aswell and put a family coaster where they used to be, possibly a disk-o like Kobra at chessington.
Burniel

dazza4783 wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote: The what do you put in place of Ripsaw in FV? I'm sorry, this doesn't work it's just delaying the inevitable.

Ripsaw will be replaced by the cross valley coaster, although i doubt they would put ripsaw in x-sector in place of Submission. Not sure what they will replace Submission with. Maybe they will remove Enterprise aswell and put a family coaster where they used to be, possibly a disk-o like Kobra at chessington.
Disko is a no-no have you seen Kobra? It's ginormous! And anything smaller than this wouldn't appeal to the thrillseekers who go to X-Sector. It would also be a large investment, considering the masses of money that has already been put into X-Sector over the past few of years. I also can't see Enterprise going after the work completed in 2012.

I don't think Ripsaw will be moved to X-Sector, although I do think Ripsaw will go in the next 5-10 years, and possibly be replaced with the cross valley coaster.
bensaund

A Disk-O could be possible:

-Move the Blade out of FV (Ditch or move to MB)
-Move Ripsaw to where Submission is

You have a big trench in the ground long enough for a Disk-O to go in and half the soil has already been dug out due to Thunderlooper being there previously.

Never say never  :lol:
If you go down to the woods today
Burniel

It's still a large investment just for a flat.
NickiFan

I can't see anything replacing submission any time soon, I also can't see Ripsaw going very soon either. Not trying to be rude but I think we won't be getting a cross valley coaster.
dazza4783

NickiFan wrote: I can't see anything replacing submission any time soon, I also can't see Ripsaw going very soon either. Not trying to be rude but I think we won't be getting a cross valley coaster.
If the long term development plan was accurate then Ripsaw and Blade will both be removed soon, also the flume will be going. And it also said one of the Big rides installed in 2016 & 2019 could be a Cross Valley coaster (assuming they can get planning permission). This is information released by Alton Towers themselves, so is quite likely to happen i'd say.
Last edited by dazza4783 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burniel

dazza4783 wrote:
NickiFan wrote: I can't see anything replacing submission any time soon, I also can't see Ripsaw going very soon either. Not trying to be rude but I think we won't be getting a cross valley coaster.
If the long term development plan was accurate then Ripsaw and Blade will both be removed soon, also the flume will be going. And it also said one of the Big rides installed in 2016 & 2019 could be a Cross Valley coaster (assuming they can get planning permission). This is information released by Alton Towers themselves, so is quite likely to happen i'd say.
Everyone talks about the "long term development plan" and "possible cross-valley coaster", could someone show me? I believe you, I would just find it fascinating to see the plans for myself :)
Ladyofthelake

You can find the long term development plan at this link

Perhaps the most relevant section for this discussion is on pg 37:
A number of existing rides would require replacement as they reach the end of
their planned lives. This is likely to include Ripsaw, the Flume and Blade. In
addition two large attractions/rides are likely to be developed in 2016 and
2019 (one of which may include a ride across the valley between UG Land to
the Forbidden Valley) resulting in approximately six new or replacement medium
to large attractions.
It's interesting that there are a few rides mentioned here which give the potential for a number of new attractions by the end of this decade. What is also intriguing is the fact that they only call them "medium to large attractions" therefore not specifying coasters or flats, or what target audience these attractions would be aimed at.

I would hope that we will see some new flats, as I think the park needs it to keep the balance of attractions in the park. What these will be however is extremely difficult to guess as a lot will depend on what the marketing department determines will attract visitors to the park.