Submission Replacement

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
bensaund

Yes you're right as it opens up the space previously occupied by Thunderlooper. So possible room here for a small to medium coaster.
Last edited by bensaund on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you go down to the woods today
Ripsaw Raver

Just knocked this together.. felt it was needed.
I was actually one of those who enjoyed the hang-time and especially the backwards somersault.
Its view was imposing and X-Sector will look very strange in my opinion without it.
Goodbye Submission, your skills of marmalisation obviously were not good enough for the MOJ to keep you.
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Ripsaw Raver

bensaund wrote: Yes you're right as it opens up the space previously occupied by Thunderlooper. So possible room here for a small to medium coaster.
I was thinking more of a start into the Valley =]
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Themeparksandy1981

They wouldn't move Ripsaw as that listed to be removed in the next 5 years. I do wonder how long the Twirling Toadstools,the blade&Enterprise as all 3 are 30+ years old now.
Ripsaw Raver

They moved Energizer from Festival Park-To X-Sector and then back to FestivalPark/Ug-Land so why not Ripsaw to X-Sector

Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
Burniel

For the exact reasons mentioned above. Ripsaw doesn't have long left unless it has a serious revamp, (which costs money that AT would rather be spending on something that will attract guests to the park), and even then you still have a problem with what you put in place of ripsaw.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
BenBowser

^ Put in a KMG Afterburner on the site of Blade & Ripsaw. :D
SwEDEN

That would really irritate me, considering Vortex could do with a replacement... -_-
TheOutpatient

whatever it is, is going to have the X-Sector/Smiler theme - I just hope they extend to the colour palette a bit because the rides posted are wildly colourful - so you have to think about how these might be gonna look in black and yellow.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
Georgie

Ripsaw Raver wrote: Personally I would love to see a Mondial Diablo
Relatively low height and small footprint, I believe it's lower than the TopScan models and most definitely lower than the Inferno model

I really love the look of that!  I does look like it could fit in with the X-Sector quite well too with a bit of planning.  (And less of the 'noise' that's coming out of that one. :P)
My only concern is the putthrough.  From what I can see, it has half the number of seats that both energizer and a fully functioning submission would at around the same ride time.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
Ripsaw Raver

Custom model...extra row on each lol, Besides you dont need a long ride to get a full experience with that one, 3 rotations one way 2 and half rotations one way, slight wind mill at top, 3 rotations back, jobs a good un lol,

Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
bensaund

Ilovecoasters wrote: For the exact reasons mentioned above. Ripsaw doesn't have long left unless it has a serious revamp, (which costs money that AT would rather be spending on something that will attract guests to the park), and even then you still have a problem with what you put in place of ripsaw.
Well Rameses is older and Chessington are spending a hell of a lot of money to get that up and running after this 'incident' last year, its the same ride so there isn't any reason why it could not be moved from FV to X-Sector. Yes they said they will be removing it sometime up until 2019. BUT unless the ride falls apart, costs a fortune to keep running there is no reason why it can not do 5 years in the X-sector.

Plus with such a small number of flats, that 2019 date could possibly be extended unless they don't get more flats in soon.

Plus look at Slammer, how much money have they spent on that ride for it to be down 80% of the year? They are still bringing that back next year as far as we are aware.

If anything this is just an idea and to be honest is is not a bad idea as it would be a cheap move to give them a reasonable amount of space in FV and to fill the gap in X-Sector.
Themeparksandy1981

The big different between when the Boneshaker moved to UG land Submission took it's place. Also it was a traveling version so was easy to move. Ripsaw 17 years old now and can see it been removed on it's 20th birthday and it wouldn't suprize me if the Blade went that year as well as that's the oldest ride currently on site.
Burniel

bensaund wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote: For the exact reasons mentioned above. Ripsaw doesn't have long left unless it has a serious revamp, (which costs money that AT would rather be spending on something that will attract guests to the park), and even then you still have a problem with what you put in place of ripsaw.
Well Rameses is older and Chessington are spending a hell of a lot of money to get that up and running after this 'incident' last year, its the same ride so there isn't any reason why it could not be moved from FV to X-Sector. Yes they said they will be removing it sometime up until 2019. BUT unless the ride falls apart, costs a fortune to keep running there is no reason why it can not do 5 years in the X-sector.

Plus with such a small number of flats, that 2019 date could possibly be extended unless they don't get more flats in soon.

Plus look at Slammer, how much money have they spent on that ride for it to be down 80% of the year? They are still bringing that back next year as far as we are aware.

If anything this is just an idea and to be honest is is not a bad idea as it would be a cheap move to give them a reasonable amount of space in FV and to fill the gap in X-Sector.
And in place of Ripsaw?

I think moving Ripsaw to XS is just delaying the inevitable. Right now we have a problem with what to put in the place of Submission. Chances are in 5 years or so time we'll have a problem with what to put in place of Ripsaw. So really, moving Ripsaw to XS just delays what will obviously be a problem in XS only by about 5 years, and brings the FV replacement problem forward.

A lot of money for something that makes very little change. You would also have to theme Ripsaw to X Sector.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
bensaund

This is just an idea. Look on the positive side.  It happened with Energizer and it will free up space in FV for something bigger.

If you look back ar Altons history in the 80s the flats changed or move very often with some flats lasting as little as 1 season.
lf2001

Whatever the replacement is, it would need to fit in the small space that Submission was in. The Mondial Diablo would be a good idea.
Altontowersbarlow

I understand that flat rides are not as easy to market as Roller Coasters but if AT themed the ride to a Ministry Of Joy machine and linked it into The Smiler I think it would be fairly easy. I would like to see something as follows.

Advert
A dark silhouette of X sector is seen on screen. The camera zooms in on an advocates face flickering from a Smile to expressionless. meanwhile words flash up like marmalisation complete, testing for compliance. After this the new ride is seen in shadow form and the voice over says something like: "You have ridden The Smiler and been marmalised but your next challenge is now waiting at The Alton Towers Resort"." We must now monitor your body to ensure your compliance as a smiling advocate". "Join us". followed by the rides name. This is basically themed upon a check-up from the Ministry of joy so your marmalisation doesn't wear off.

I also came up with another idea for the rides concept.
Advert
The advert would start with a close up of the X-sector sign followed by an overview of X-sector and a voice over could say : "You ventured to X-sector allowing your mind to be changed and marmalised but now your neurons need to be entwined so you can never leave! Join us forever! followed by the ride in action and a DNA type cell twisting around it. This is themed around the entwining of your DNA so you can not leave X-sector and escape if you marmalisation is wearing off or was not successful.

These are just some marketing ideas as I am unsure what rides I would like to see :)
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdcsw9

I rode submission about twenty odd times and it never bothered me but I am ok with it going because it still
was not my favourite. I guess something like a magic carpet like quantum, I know they had one back in the eighties but I am trying my best. To be honest there is not much out there that is that new in the way of flat rides, maybe a air race that Drayton manor is getting is all I can think of.

Edit: SPG Tidy - Ladyofthelake
Last edited by mdcsw9 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BenBowser

Bring in a Huss Breakdance, small footprint and great fun!
Themeparksandy1981

bensaund wrote: This is just an idea. Look on the positive side.  It happened with Energizer and it will free up space in FV for something bigger.

If you look back ar Altons history in the 80s the flats changed or move very often with some flats lasting as little as 1 season.
Before JW joined Alton Towers It was really just a amusement park with travelling flat rides which as they only lasted a season or 2 they must have lease them.
I think that's why Before Sub Terra was added in 2012 Submission was the last ride before that and now that's gone and with Ripsaw the next to go. The other flats in the park were added before I first went to the park in 1993.
Maybe Sub Terra the way the park flat rides are going Ie built around a story line and well themed.