Submission Replacement

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Sr88

The Ug Swinger was moved but the ride is still operational under another name.

Alton Towers themself have pretty much confirmed that it is being replaced.
Alex

DannyG wrote:I have a feeling they will replace Submission at the end of this year, ready to open next year :sus:

I think you might be right there Danny ;)
Danny

When aren't i ;)
sadie123

Hmm, I think a 'mid' ride would be better in this site, maybe at a Th13teen level.
It is a shame Submission ended up not really working properly, it was an awesome site when it did. I do remember the similar-ish Arabian Nights ride, which was good.
But being near The Smiler, I think they need a ride which can absorb massive crowds easily, without people queuing too long - like Ripsaw does so well.
stealthsmiler

It's removal seemed a bit sudden, which suggests it broke. This would then create one less ride in the ride line up unplanned so I imagine AT will be quick to fill it back up, however I would prefer the new flat to be in a different location and leave Submissions site empty for a while. The Smiler will still be getting lot's of riders and I dont think having another new ride in X sector would be good so soon after The Smiler. For now I think the new flat should go in The Dark Forest as that area is lacking in number of rides.
Danny

Well the topic is called submissions replacement :lol

I think they are very keen to use that space again, it looks likely that that will be home to a new flat very soon
Sr88

In all honesty I would go as far as saying that we pretty much know that it will be used for a new flat very soon. This is because of all the facebook posts, and the reasons above. I cannot imagine Alton Towers not wanting to utilise a decent amount of space like that, especially when it means it otherwise they are one ride down.

Obviously something else could happen (or could not happen), but that is very unlikely.

And I do hope whatever they use lasts longer than Submission, and hurts less too. I'm really glad it was demolished.
Alton13Nemesis

Submission's removal wasn't planned, which is why it doesn't have a replacement yet. It was removed due to ongoing technical hitches. I am hoping we will see a new ride there next year, however is it possible that this coming scarefest, we will see a temporary building on its site for a scare attraction, using the old submission queue as...the queue?
theparklifekid

maybe a permanent The Sanctuary?
Alton13Nemesis

W won't see a submission replacement next year, I hear next year is adventure land earmarked for major development. You'll see planning permission go in soon for a new....erm... you'll have to wait and see ;)
Alex

Must have heard different things to me then, but I guess we will see come next season.
Alton13Nemesis

you will genuinely see planning go in for a ride soon, if my reliable source is "reliable"
Alex

From what I have heard there should be a development on the submission site over the closed season
Alton13Nemesis

possibly that too, but I cannot see them doing all that AND enchanted village, unless merlin really mean business
bensaund

different budgets. Ride budget and accommodation budgets are different.
nemefan08

I think they should put in a frisbee and draw a giant smiler swirl on the bottom. Put screens round it with marmaliser style vid and call it hypnotic or something
lucozade

Alton used to have a walk through fun house... A new 1 would fit with smiler, give younger/x scared riders something to do and have a HUGE put through.