If you could add one more inversion to ANY of the Top 6...

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Alex

NemesisRider wrote:Probably Air, maybe a corkscrew...
Adding another inversion to Air would only increase the likelihood of someone being sick on it... based on its current record it doesn't need it ;)

On a more serious note, can you even have a corkscrew on a flying coaster? Do anyone of the ones that are currently in existence have one?
Danny

I believe there are no corkscrews on flying coasters so far, although it must be possible.
chrish

Nighthawk has a corkscrew.
NemesisRider

Ah, but Nighthawk isn't a B&M!

Really though, didn't want to cause a discussion about the inversion, this topic is for the subject of an inversion added to any of the top 6...
Alex

NemesisRider wrote:Ah, but Nighthawk isn't a B&M!

Really though, didn't want to cause a discussion about the inversion, this topic is for the subject of an inversion added to any of the top 6...
Sorry Mr Mod, I'll get back on topic :)

I wouldn't mind an extra one being added to Nemesis as long as it doesn't ruin the pacing of the ride.
RCandrew

I would add one to Rita but not in the same place as what everyone else is saying, I'd add a corkscrew to the end just before it goes up the hill part, then an extra helix before it then turns into the brake run :) it would make it longer and more thrilling!
thi3teenloverboy14

Smiler- too many

oblivion- Could have a loop but it would be to unrealistic and painfull

Rita - Id say they could add a zero G roll to one of its hills

Nemesis - would ruin the Classic

Air- Could have one on the last part of it

thi3teen- it would take the family Factor away but it could always have more tighter bends like mentioned before

I think if they are going to they would do it on rita or air but its highly unlikely that they will ever.
Morgan

I think a corkscrew on air right before the brake run would be awesome
Benji

DannyG wrote:I believe there are no corkscrews on flying coasters so far, although it must be possible.
I believe there's a corkscrew on Manta at Sea World

I'd have loved for thirteen to have had a small inversion as one of my friends doesn't dare go on nemesis and the smiler because they have never been upside-down on a roller coaster. A smaller, less intimidating ride like the corkscrew could be the next level up to try encourage people to go on
Danny

Benji wrote:
DannyG wrote:I believe there are no corkscrews on flying coasters so far, although it must be possible.
I believe there's a corkscrew on Manta at Sea World

I'd have loved for thirteen to have had a small inversion as one of my friends doesn't dare go on nemesis and the smiler because they have never been upside-down on a roller coaster. A smaller, less intimidating ride like the corkscrew could be the next level up to try encourage people to go on
I know Wikipedia classes it as a corkscrew, but I think that term is used very loosely. It's a bit like The Smiler's indoor inversion, it's debatable as to what it actually is.
inFusion

rhino18 wrote:My god, what is it about Oblivion and bloody inversions. It's a dive machine, it is not meant to have inversions.
SheiKra has an Immelmann and look how amazing that is.
Danny

Whilst on the subject, I've been on SheiKra, and inversions on a dive machine are bloody good!
Don't knock them till you try them ;)
NemesisRider

Shame the UK doesn't have any floorless dive coasters...

I would like it if Blivvy was given a dive loop so it was different from all the others with immelmanns.
Burniel

If I could add one more inversion to any of the top 6, I wouldn't. I honestly think that an extra inversion would make any of the AT rides better.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
inFusion

NemesisRider wrote:Shame the UK doesn't have any floorless dive coasters...

I would like it if Blivvy was given a dive loop so it was different from all the others with immelmanns.
I love floorless dives.
Jack

A zero G roll to Rita's 1st hill would be awesome IMO :D
lucozade

Oblivion is a overhyped one trick poney that DESPERATELY needed a loop/corkscrew.... Maybe even a heatline loop ON TH DROP! Or a inclined loop, no AT rides have a inclined loop.

I was massivly dissapointed to see JUST a drop. Nemises is still Alton towers most well rounded ride, not a one trick poney like every ride that came after.
Morgan

The reason Oblivion doesn't have any inversions is because it's all about the drop. However, a corkscrew in the darkness of the hole would be cool.
lucozade

I haven't ridden on it in 5 years. It's boring and the tiny q proves it is really lacking lasting appeal. It's not a rollercoaster, it's a gimmick. I never got tired of the corkscrew, beast/black hole, nemesis... Oblivion lacks soul. Its just a hole hahaha

BTW I LOVE Smiler's straight out of the gate twist... Immense.