Your own secret weapon design

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Danny

I'd love if there was an invert coaster, then you hang over the edge like on oblivion, the seats swing up so your now laying down and then drop like a flyer!
leammiles

I'd like for Alton Towers to go for something that has been done before, but take it to a level above what has been done before.

Take 2 or 3 currently existing rides and mash them all together, obviously, not just a random few ideas, ones that will work well together.

A launched inverted coaster?
A launched flyer?
A duelling flyer?

I'd personally love for there to be a duelling coaster where both are launched coasters that both launch toward each other before turning away last minute...not sure how this would work at AT though what with having Rita already.

Maybe a duelling coaster would work well though. 
Martin

I don't know how it would be done or even if it could be but...
I have a vision of Air becoming a launched flyer
Adapt the track if possible and the cars to launch obviously
Include some brand new near misses similar to the likes of The Swarm. Billboards/houses/ and a long wind tunnel that blows hurricane force winds at you
And remarket it as Hurricane the UKs(worlds) first launch flying coaster

I did say it was just a vision.... :P
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
ProjectK

I know it could never be done because of the listed building status, but just imagine a coaster (launched suspended?) weaving its way through the towers themselves! There could be enclosed dark sections and lots of near misses with the ruined walls!
RCandrew

A launched flyer coaster would be amazing! Too bad there is already Air and Rita  :(
Altontowersbarlow

RCandrew wrote: A launched flyer coaster would be amazing! Too bad there is already Air and Rita  :(
I also like this idea and it would of been great if Air launched like in the advert however it's still a great ride :)
stealthsmiler

If I was in charge of the next secret weapon, there wouldn't be one ( for a while), the money would be spent bringing the rest of the park up to scratch; Paint everything, fix everything that's broken, make every area super themed up and amazing. Also add some new flats.

But the secret weapon after would be a coaster/flat combined. I really like the coaster in the US that has a Ferris wheel instead of a chain lift. I would use this but also add a flat that hasn't been  used in a hybrid yet, and advertise that as a worlds first (if AT can say worlds first 14 loops then I could use this). The coaster would be themed around an old mill discovered in the dark forest. It would also combine the dark forest and Hex. It would be themed around you going to find the witch who cursed the Earl, you find her in this old mill where she attacks you (the coaster). It starts off with the Ferris wheel which is themed as the mills water wheel. You go round three times quite fast which is her attacking you with magic. You then fly round the forest just missing the trees before stopping  smoothly but quickly. The track would then go up slightly ( as in the reverse of 13's drop )  before swinging back and forth (like the blade). This happens to be above and behind the station and when the swinging stops, you are lowered past the track and in front of the back of the station. You then move forward into the station and the ride ends. It would be built behind thirteen. The Station would be stone built with a thatched roof. It would be a similar height to Thirteen but have a better track layout, with helixs around trees and stuff. As the ferris wheel is themed as a water wheel, the train would go on at the side and the wheel would be half in the ground, like a water wheel.
ryan8741

DannyG wrote:
schmatt wrote: There is nothing to say a SW has to have a worlds first element (take nemesis for example), just has to be a large scale investment, all of which so far have been roller coasters. Also my suggestion, although taking elements an inspiration from other rides, it would still give a unique experience and the majority of the public would not of experienced mystery mine or lynet due to the rides being abroad, however the coaster will definitely be compared to saw by the general public due to the indoor barrel roll and beyond vertical drop, yet they will probably still rate this coaster as better due to it having a longer indoor section including a backwards drop and inversion as well as a launch and longer outdoor section followed by the drop at the end of the ride. As for the layout of the outside section, it could always be changed to be more unique, I just chose lynet to describe how it could look due to the low height and compact footprint.
The main selling point of the ride will be the coaster itself, not focusing on any gimmicks although the ride does have a couple (elevator and backwards section) this will all be kept secret from the public to shock and surprise the rides, therefore coming off the ride and raving about it to others attracting more to visit the park.
Nemesis didn't have a worlds first?
Yes it did! First European Inverted
^ Credit to Lewis97
^Credit to NemesisRider

Rollercoasters are all you need in life...
lf2001

So if I was in charge of the next secret weapon. Well first of all, I would make sure everything else in the park is working properly, everything broken is fixed, all that. At the end of the season, I would remove the Flume. The next SW would be a water coaster themed around the pirates of mutiny bay. Riders would board a large boat, which is just a ride car that has 4 people per row, with six rows. The ride would then take you into the woodland area where the Flume once sat, with lots of drops, lots of dark tunnels, and it would be themed really well. It would also be good for families, and it'd be nice having a big coaster aimed at families for once.
Danny

ryan8741 wrote:
DannyG wrote:
schmatt wrote: There is nothing to say a SW has to have a worlds first element (take nemesis for example), just has to be a large scale investment, all of which so far have been roller coasters. Also my suggestion, although taking elements an inspiration from other rides, it would still give a unique experience and the majority of the public would not of experienced mystery mine or lynet due to the rides being abroad, however the coaster will definitely be compared to saw by the general public due to the indoor barrel roll and beyond vertical drop, yet they will probably still rate this coaster as better due to it having a longer indoor section including a backwards drop and inversion as well as a launch and longer outdoor section followed by the drop at the end of the ride. As for the layout of the outside section, it could always be changed to be more unique, I just chose lynet to describe how it could look due to the low height and compact footprint.
The main selling point of the ride will be the coaster itself, not focusing on any gimmicks although the ride does have a couple (elevator and backwards section) this will all be kept secret from the public to shock and surprise the rides, therefore coming off the ride and raving about it to others attracting more to visit the park.
Nemesis didn't have a worlds first?
Yes it did! First European Inverted
That's not a worlds first then is it :roll:
scw55

Not really a World's First. Would also never see it at AT.
But I would really like to see a Dive Coaster/Eurofighter that dives through the hole of a "Inclined Loop" or a "Helix of Death/Dull". Preferrabley timed so when you go down the drop, there's another train tranversing the adjacent element.

What excites me more now is creative composition of elements, since I feel like we've reach a wall for the time being for exciteing world firsts with regards to steel coasters. The Wooden Hybrids are what exciting me at the moment.
SmilerJosh111

I Think there should be a woodie with multiple inversions or a backward inverted rollercoaster or backwards dive machine or a backward winged coaster
:yikes: :yikes:
NemesisRider

I must admit, my world first design would be a floorless coaster in FV. It would have 5 inversions, a corkscrew, an immelmann, a "inverse immelmann", a dive loop and a heartline roll.

The inverse immelmann would enter on flat track, flip upside down, go up a half loop and then continue the circuit. The upside down section of the inverse immelmann would be below a bridge so no one can see it. Also, it would be a head chopper with the ground.

It would be themed as the Nemesis creature' s hatching that had come to release it's master. Also, it would have one section where it came close to Nemmy and they'd pass each other simultaneously on rare occasions.
The Nemesis Fox

I've got a couple of ideas. 1 is for s launch flying roller coaster called throttle. The ride is themed around time travel. The theme is that the public have to go back in time to stop the nemesis creature. Unfortunately the mission fails and the riders are sent back to the present by a 2nd launch. The riders then disembark the train and the train then returns to the station.

Another idea is to have a new ride called Silverstone. Basically the ride is a 3 car launcher. On the track to the left is the first track. On the right is the 2nd track, the one riders ride after the 1st. And in the middle is an empty 'stig' car that riders race against.

Another idea is a dark ride called Meteorite next to galactica and themed around a space mission. Halfway through the ride the mission goes wrong because of a meteorite shower. The ride then does a number of inversions before returning back to the station.

Just a few ideas...
The Nemesis Fox

Just thought of an idea. How about anew world's first roller coaster that goes round KC. Well my idea is the world's first stand up water coaster. I think that this could be a great enjoyable ride. What are your thoughts?
NemesisRider

Someday I may make a secret weapon concept in NoLimits. I think something that has been rumoured for ages but may or may not come to fruition is a B&M 4D coaster. It would load in a similar way to X2 however it would have the typical vest restraints on wing riders. Having ridden X2 these would reduce "body-banging" (being bashed around the car) and make the experience better. Also, a B&M would be smoother. Even with only a, for example, 100ft tall coaster you could make something very exciting by utilising the 4D function more than the current 4D coasters (for example X2 doesn't really use it to create any truly insane elements except the first drop, whereas more flipping could make it better).
Liam.W

NemesisRider wrote:Someday I may make a secret weapon concept in NoLimits.
I think I may do that too, if my NL2 decides to load up, as it hasn't been doing so for the past few days :|

How about a collaboration? ;)
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

NemesisRider

Ha ha. We'll see what happens, I've got lots of other projects to keep an eye on.
stealthsmiler

A B&M launched floor less coaster to replace Rita. Start with a slowish launch towards the valley before having a drop like The Swarms which goes into the valley slightly and climbs back out close to the ground and back into The Dark Forest. The climb out would be an inclined launch more powerful than the first launch. It would then have some airtime hills and interact with 13 once before going through one more barre roll before hitting the brakes. It too would be themed to an escape from the dark forest hence the launch looking like it was going out into the valley. However the forest wins, dragging you down and back into the forest. The ride would have a show room like Hex which explains how many have tried to escape but the forest drags them back. It would give some background info on the theme of the area. The riders would exit the ride to one more short video explaining that they failed and are stuck in the forest. Then they would have a small forest themed mirror maze which exits into a shop. The queue line would have to be re-routed to go out behind the ride and go around it and the mirror maze would be somewhere around where the tyre is now. The shops etc would also need changing around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk