Which water ride will be removed first?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

Which will be removed first?

Poll runs till Thu Aug 02, 2057 11:38 am

Riverbank eyespy
16%
The flume
68%
Congo river rapids
1%
Charlie and the choclate factory
11%
Sharkbait reef
1%
battle galleons
3%

Total votes: 100
towerskid

Which water ride will leave the park first?

Team edit: SPG ~ Lee
Last edited by towerskid on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack

Flume, just really needs to go, but I think I would like to see a water coaster replacing it as then small kids wouldn't have anything that is reasonably thrilling for them :)
towerskid

jackandylan123 wrote: Flume, just really needs to go, but I think I would like to see a water coaster replacing it as then small kids wouldn't have anything that is reasonably thrilling for them :)

I think you're right but do you remember before 2004 before the sponsor, it had dinosaurs back then it was a big ride but I agree with you
Last edited by towerskid on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ollboll9

Riverbank Eye Spy, purely because there's rumours on the forum for something to happen to the farm over the closed season.
Last edited by ollboll9 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Poop. Always
C0RR3CTED1

The log flume. Simply because we've been warned in writing that its time is soon up in a few years, I don't work with rumours lol, don't think riverbank eye spy will be going anytime soon. 
Burniel

Charlie, as the ride in that place is constantly changing.

That's what I think WILL go. What I would LIKE to go is eyespy or battle galleons
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
JD1991

The Flume hopefully...it barely constitutes a ride in my opinion.
I'm Hilarious.
Burniel

JD1991 wrote: The Flume hopefully...it barely constitutes a ride in my opinion.
Why? I love the flume!
Liam-AltonTowers

The Flume, it may be fun but it's old and outdated. There's only so much repainting and refurbishing you can to a ride. In my opinion a newer flume ride should be built in another area of the park leaving The Flume site possibly for the location of SW8.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
Burniel

Liam-AltonTowers wrote: The Flume, it may be fun but it's old and outdated. There's only so much repainting and refurbishing you can to a ride. In my opinion a newer flume ride should be built in another area of the park leaving The Flume site possibly for the location of SW8.
Ok, so a new flume would be ok, but if you leave the site for sw8, my fear is that everyone will be so worked up about sw8 that it will take a long time for anyone to actually build a new flume in a different area of the park. Also, where could you fit a flume? Where is there the space and theming appropriate?
Kirsty25

Love The Flume but it does need some major work.. I always get soaked whatever ride I go on *follow the squeals to find me* :lol:
Burniel

Kirsty25 wrote: follow the squeals to find me :lol:
Lets hope that you and I don't go on the same day, or people will follow the squeals for you and end up finding me! I get soaked on the flume as well.

But is that not the whole point of a log flume?
Liam-AltonTowers

Ilovecoasters wrote:
Liam-AltonTowers wrote: The Flume, it may be fun but it's old and outdated. There's only so much repainting and refurbishing you can to a ride. In my opinion a newer flume ride should be built in another area of the park leaving The Flume site possibly for the location of SW8.
Ok, so a new flume would be ok, but if you leave the site for sw8, my fear is that everyone will be so worked up about sw8 that it will take a long time for anyone to actually build a new flume in a different area of the park. Also, where could you fit a flume? Where is there the space and theming appropriate?
What about no flume, instead of SW8 there could be an interactive water family coaster?

Burniel

Liam-AltonTowers wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:
What about no flume, instead of SW8 there could be an interactive water family coaster?
I can see a petition coming along, and am starting to get my pen out! What an idea! Would combine new secret weapon and new flume.

One thing: world first element?
Liam-AltonTowers

If The Flume was to be removed, here's a topic I created a while ago showing some unofficial planes for a water rollercoaster in Muting Bay: http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/alton-to ... 55824/#new

EDIT: The plans aren't mine by the way.
Last edited by Liam-AltonTowers on Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burniel

Having read this, I wouldn't be too disappointed  to see the flume go. This would be great for sw8!
Dom

i think the flume will go. its sort of standing on its last legs and i think it wont be too long till it goes. i will be sad to see it go but think its time for an upgrade
Jack

I have just thought, The Flume is still incredibly popular, why would the remove it, I think now that give it some paint, retheme it to fit Mutiny Bay and there, a ride that looks new :D...imagine that there is one less vote for the flume and there is one new vote for Charlie :lol:
Liam-AltonTowers

jackandylan123 wrote: I have just thought, The Flume is still incredibly popular, why would the remove it, I think now that give it some paint, retheme it to fit Mutiny Bay and there, a ride that looks new :D...imagine that there is one less vote for the flume and there is one new vote for Charlie :lol:
Yeah but The Flume itself is an old ride, the structure itself left any longer will start to deteriorate further. Rather than a repaint/refurb, what about a new water ride all together, themed around Mutiny Bay and on the site of The Flume?

pleaty

I would like to see a new flume on the site, themed around a pirate cove or something similar with themed indoor sections where you go into caves etc...