Front queues

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Magerita

Most coasters at Towers have front queue lines (Rita, Nemesis, Air, Thirteen) one ride that is annoying me by not having front queue line is The Smiler ,been on it 3 times already and no matter how nicely i ask if we can go in the 1st row ,the workers for some reason have a problem with it (even though it would take the same amount of time to let the people behind in front) and they just put us in the back row, i've basically tried every seat in the back row for the Smiler. And i was wondering if i was the only with this problem ,leave comments and suggestions below, i'm going soon and this time i really want it to be in the front row  :(

Would anyone else love for the smiler to have a front row queue in the future?
Last edited by Magerita on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name's actually Rita ,so feel free to call me that  ahhah :P
Danny

I know this is an AT discussion but saw is the same. I went recently with friends to TP and when we asked for the front we almost got looked at As if we were freaks and that was a totally unacceptable question. Then they put a message over the speakers informing people not to ask for the front or they will be removed from the queue. But I got them back as while the lady was talking to the man taking bags, we took the chain off and walked to the front of the first train :)
Magerita

Lucky we tried switching with people and she basically screamed at us pointing fingers ,i did find that quite rude ,normally ride workers are lovely ,but she was just mean  :roll:
Cookie Monster

I have asked to go on front row and they said yea just wait by the side for the next train but a tactic i use is go on the single riders and you should be able to  get on the Smiler 4/5 times in the same time for people in the normal queue so you have a better chance as you ride more but it relays on were they put the group of 3,5,7,9,11
Magerita

Cookie Monster wrote: I have asked to go on front row and they said yea just wait by the side for the next train but a tactic i use is go on the single riders and you should be able to  get on the Smiler 4/5 times in the same time for people in the normal queue so you have a better chance as you ride more but it relays on were they put the group of 3,5,7,9,11
They actually wouldnt let us at all ,we even said that and they just basically start screaming at us ,and these 3 times were in different days and different people
Martin

Last time i went was for my birthday
The first time we fastracked and sat where we were put
The second time we queued and when we got to the front i asked if we could ride front seat and maybe because it was my birthday and i was wearing 2 big badges with birthday boy on they let us wait for the next train and we got front seats
Try getting a big birthday badge this might help
You never know
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
Kirsty25

I got rather annoyed, first time on The Smiler and we got front row, didn't ask but it just fell right for us (and the single rider who got on with our three) but the other 2 times, despite asking we were rather sternly told no, and got 3rd row and back row.

I would consider not going back on The Smiler unless I could get front row (or the ride improves significantly) because I came off 3rd row and back row feeling totally sick, which I've never had before on a rollercoaster.
Themeparksandy1981

I have never seen the front queueline for 13 been used.
Cookie Monster

It was actually quite a long queue for front row on 13 for the summer sizzler i seem to remember seemed to be near the entrance to the front row queue 
Magerita

Kirsty25 wrote: I got rather annoyed, first time on The Smiler and we got front row, didn't ask but it just fell right for us (and the single rider who got on with our three) but the other 2 times, despite asking we were rather sternly told no, and got 3rd row and back row.

I would consider not going back on The Smiler unless I could get front row (or the ride improves significantly) because I came off 3rd row and back row feeling totally sick, which I've never had before on a rollercoaster.
Even though i love it ,the ride is starting to get quite boring now simply because i've experienced the back row in every way possible which isn't really the funnest of things. I dont see the problem even more when after a 2 hour queue not many people even ask to go front row simply because they cant stand queues and waiting longer ,would it hurt to let someone go on the front row..
Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I have never seen the front queueline for 13 been used.
Lat time i visited the park i saw it being used ,i'm guessing it's mostly used when the ride is the busiest?
For some strange reason when ever i queue for 13 i ended up getting the front row ,even when i go single riders ,not a waste of time at all  :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I have never seen the front queueline for 13 been used.
I didn't realise it had a front row queue either, as on my first and latest visit we were put on front row, after queuing in the normal queue.

I have also wondered why The Smiler hasn't got a front row queue, and I think it may be due to the size of the trains, as the front row is a quarter of the train's capacity. Also doesn't seem like they have any space to fit one in...
badlydrawnkel

Really sorry to say this,  but I like the fact that there is no front row queue yet for the smiler.  Of the 6 times I've ridden it, I've only ever been front row or second row. 

It doesn't bother me that other rides have front row queues.  If they are a reasonable length,  I will partake in it, but I'm a back row kinda girl ;-)

I just feel that normally the queue is massive as it is and having yet another queue is simply ridiculous.

But I second the tip from before, single rider queue- more likely to be on the front!

Kelbel - Feedback Forum \'10
jp235

I can understand rides like Saw or Oblivion having no front row queue, as they only have 2 rows anyway, but I do think that a 4-row ride like The Smiler would benefit from one.

I think front row queues are an excellent idea, since it means the only people who queue longer are the ones who choose to do so, while everyone else gets on the ride more quickly.

If space is the issue for The Smiler, then that's very bad planning. In the last few years, we've seen rides at Merlin parks go from having one queue entering the station to having several (normal, front row, Fastrack, single rider, and now Swarm's backward-seats queue). I would have imagined new rides would be designed to be adaptable to whatever the parks decide to in future.
tallicay2k

I do think it's unfair, I mean you queue until you've got a 5 o clock shada to get on and then you ain't got a choice on where you sit (unless abit of seductive play is in order depending if its male or female operator.) with a car size of the smilers you would think there's front seat queue lines like nemesis, air, Rita etc etc.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
ollboll9

I think it's stupid aswell, but the front queue for Thirteen never gets used from what I can tell because on my last visit, I asked when she told us what lane she shouted in my face 'NO'!!!!!! i WAS HORRIFIED. It was terrible and I didn't fancy arguing with her. Turned out we got back seats though so it was OK but I still can't get over that. I don't care how stressed she was because it was school trip season 'probably her excuse :roll:' there's no reason to be so unfriendly. Luckily for me the Headmaster was literally next behind me, saw and asked what had happend, I told him and he had a word with the OP  :D. Oh and never attempt to take your shoes off on Ripasw either there's a very horrible ride attendant, looks kinda old and angry who is not afraid to embarress you infront of everyone and give your seat away so you ride on your owm :(.
Poop. Always
SuperWill

The Smiler defiantly needs a front row queue! I only have been on the 3rd row so I really want to ride the front row so badly! I think it's stupid that when you ask for the front row they don't let you go on the front row! Air has a front row queue, Nemesis does, Th13teen does (but hardly gets used). So AT need to add a front row queue for The Smiler as soon as possible!

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
TheOutpatient

ollboll9 wrote: Oh and never attempt to take your shoes off on Ripasw either there's a very horrible ride attendant, looks kinda old and angry who is not afraid to embarress you infront of everyone and give your seat away so you ride on your owm :(.
Oh dear :?

I think you can't have the front seat cause it undermines those who were naturally gonna end up at the front seat and also, if you are given people behind will think why can't they ask for it.

We should have nerd privileges.
Please visit my blog of original dark ride ideas: http://mattsdesignsblog.wordpress.com/
Magerita

like yeah i get it oblivion doesnt have one ,but i dont really think you need one because the back row is higher up so you can see it's not like the back row on nemesis where you cant see anything except seats (btw i love nemesis and the back row but after the front row nothing can beat it). That is also why i really want to try the front row for the smiler  :cry: and i dont really think it's about not having enough space because the station itself is quite spacious and there is space for a front row queue in there (or maybe it feels bigger cause i'm that small ahah i dont know  :lol: ). Anyways i find it abit bad that Towers' best coaster , dare i say, doesnt have a front row queue and also very rude people working at times :roll:
maliluph

My daughter has been on The Smiler three times. Each time she was on the front row. I guess that it's the luck of the draw. Until (if) they put a queue for the front then I don't blame the staff for saying no. After all, if everyone wanted to go on the front, the queue would be 4 times longer. And then people would moan at the queue time......
Ripsaw Raver

the thing is would it really be that much of a problem to put one in,i dont know how wide the stairs are up there just surely they could incorporate a front row queue. God just wait till the travelers get in there!
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123