Front queues

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
jackgcse

Th13teen hardly ever has a queue for the Front Row because its passed the point of being batched by the ride op, so most people assume its where they say, when in actual fact all you have to say is can we go to the front and they will let you through, the sign is right above the operators head!

Oblivion annoys me it has the second row, it seems like a waste for the ride experience at the back, but oh well.
Rita is fantastic at the front but always always busy, with an incredibly long wait usually...Nemesis is usually the best for the queue all things considered.

Airs Single rider queue fluctuates, I can sometimes go and see a queue that will take half an hour other times I have been in it and I have actually got on quicker than the normal queue!

Front Seat Queues are good in my opinion, that's what the European Parks don't do, and they always order you where to go, it is infuriating, with Shambhala at Port Aventura having exclusive use of the Front Seat Queue to express passers who have paid for the Front Row!!! Grahhhh
ATM

Everyone else has queued with you for the same amount of time (apart from disabled and fast-track) so what makes anyone think they should be granted (what you think) is a better ride than them? What happens when the group behind you asks to go on the front too when they see that you have been allowed to do it? How could the ride-op then say no to them? Then the group after? Can't have one rule for one and one for another. The station would become dangerous, disorganized and over capacity. Have you considered what type of position this would put the ride-op in? Or are you too caught up in only considering what's good for yourselves?

The fact is, there is no front row queue, so it's luck of the draw. Accept it. Think about it.

Also, if there was a front row queue, you'd probably moan that it's taking you 3 hours to get on the front, because that could actually be a realistic time that it would take!
Magerita

ATM wrote: Everyone else has queued with you for the same amount of time (apart from disabled and fast-track) so what makes anyone think they should be granted (what you think) is a better ride than them? What happens when the group behind you asks to go on the front too when they see that you have been allowed to do it? How could the ride-op then say no to them? Then the group after? Can't have one rule for one and one for another. The station would become dangerous, disorganized and over capacity. Have you considered what type of position this would put the ride-op in? Or are you too caught up in only considering what's good for yourselves?

The fact is, there is no front row queue, so it's luck of the draw. Accept it. Think about it.

Also, if there was a front row queue, you'd probably moan that it's taking you 3 hours to get on the front, because that could actually be a realistic time that it would take!
okay no need to be mean :roll: geez ,was only saying ,if there was a front row queue i would wait just like i do for most rides and dont complain ,i'm not the type that complains how long a queue is. i was just making the point that that ride would be good (if not better for the people that are getting bored of the same old back row ,like me)  and it could also be good as a challenge ,if people dont like to wait then simply dont go on front row queues ,as simple as that.
My name's actually Rita ,so feel free to call me that  ahhah :P
ATM

To be fair, my post was more aimed at the people who have suggested that it's stupid when ride hosts don't let them go on the front of the smiler, just because they ask for it. That simply is quite selfish as it directly affects the chances of the people behind you having an equal chance of getting on the front. I would find that 'mean' if the people in front of me dropped that move out and I ended up on the second row instead of the front row that I would have otherwise landed on. I didn't think my post was particularly 'mean' either. If anyone was honestly offended by my post above then I'd suggest that they're very easily offended, especially for internet standards.

Suppose I'd better just be quiet and tow the popular line ay? Wouldn't want to offend anyone by expressing a differing opinion to others now would I?  ;)
Magerita

ATM wrote: To be fair, my post was more aimed at the people who have suggested that it's stupid when ride hosts don't let them go on the front of the smiler, just because they ask for it. That simply is quite selfish as it directly affects the chances of the people behind you having an equal chance of getting on the front. I would find that 'mean' if the people in front of me dropped that move out and I ended up on the second row instead of the front row that I would have otherwise landed on. I didn't think my post was particularly 'mean' either. If anyone was honestly offended by my post above then I'd suggest that they're very easily offended, especially for internet standards.

Suppose I'd better just be quiet and tow the popular line ay? Wouldn't want to offend anyone by expressing a differing opinion to others now would I?  ;)
Exactly why some people would like that the smiler (which at the moment is being classified as the best coaster in the park) would have a front queue line ,so that the staff wouldnt get annoyed and also the people behind you in the queue ,probably some of the reasons why they exist in first place.

And no one was getting offending by your opinions is was more the way you said it, and yes you have a point that it isn't fair ,never said it was.
ATM

Well now we're all happy then. I wouldn't be against a front row queue in future. If people are happy to queue longer for the privilege then that's great. I was merely suggesting that with the current setup (with no front row queue) that it's unreasonable to put pressure on the ride-ops to allow people to do such things. It wouldn't be fair on the ride-ops or other guests in the queue behind (in the current state).
DontKnow

I've been on the front row both times I've managed to get on The Smiler and both of those times the ride Ops have been great.  I was just happy to get on it after an hour and a half in the blazing sun.

I do think a dedicated queue for the front would be best all round. It'd certainly take pressure off the ops when people ask if they can hang on to go on the front and give everyone else a fair chance at riding if  they are willing to spend a bit of extra time queuing. 
neontrix

I agree that a front row queue would be ideal, but for a ride with only four rows it does seem unnecessary, and I can understand why It wasn't included. Also, the configuration of the station as it is wouldn't allow for a front row queue, that side of the station is pretty crowded as it is. I have rode on the front row once and on the back row once, it's pure chance.
"We are entertainers. The fact we use concrete and steel to do our entertaining, as apposed to a piece of Shakespearean text or whatever, is... is immaterial" - John Wardley, 1997
matt(thesmiler)coleman

I have been on the smiler 48 times (when this was written) and should be getting my 50th tomorrow and i have been on the front row about 12 times its but about chance and how well you know the ride ops.
Well well well. What do we have here then :P
Zach

Went on the smiler 6 times one day and got on front row 4 times and I asked every time and every time got it the other two I asked to sit on the 3rd nd 4th row got it too, guess it does pay to know the ride ops and obviously if you dress up :)
Magerita

It does come down to pure luckiness, by the looks of it something that i haven't got :( i will be going for my 4th time next week ,and to be honest not looking forward to it as much as the other rides because i know there's a VERY high chance i wont be going on the front row :( (just wish they had a front row queue man)
JaykeAT

It's 50/50- you either will get it-or won't
LoopyDan

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I have never seen the front queueline for 13 been used.
I use i quite a lot, but just for a good picture. But I mainly try to go at the back because i find it scarier at the back :)
Burniel

LoopyDan wrote:
Themeparksandy1981 wrote: I have never seen the front queueline for 13 been used.
I use i quite a lot, but just for a good picture. But I mainly try to go at the back because i find it scarier at the back :)
I would agree, however I do think front row makes for a good ride - you can actually see what's in the crypt, whereas re back row doesn't always offer this

I go front row if there's only a train or two difference, (went at 10 and there was no difference), but otherwise I head to the furthest back car that has the shortest queue.

If you like thirteen front row, go when it opens, nobody else goes that far so early and you therefore have no additional wait time to go front row!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Dom

the only coaster at AT i have done front row on is oblivion. i personally think that the people who spend the money on the ultimate fastrack tickets should get instant access any row they would like. they should get first dibs. and AT only sell a limited number of ultimate fastrack tickets a day.
SPAD

they were using it today!
SMILE - ALWAYS!
Owen

I think it's on gerst's shoulders simply due to having no front row on the most part of there rides, and also, saw and the smiler both use the process of checking the disabled ticket before you get to the air gates...
Deejay

I had issues getting front seat on The Smiler for the first couple of visits in its first couple of weeks being open. I remember trying all sorts, even offering hugs for front seats (which worked) :D

More recently they have been a little more relaxed, I would just stand to the side and let others fill up the other rows! The smiler station could easily accommodate a small front seat queue as there is no dual loading but I doubt they will.
Lee

Just to rub it in - 11 rides, 9 front row (1 deliberate none to ride the back). So it is plausible to get front row ;)
tallicay2k

Back on thirteen is awesome for the first drop. My fave seat on the ride.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY