Outdoor theatre for car park H?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
cookiee_munster

Car Park H, the car park just next to air has for a while now been speculated as the next plot of land for the next major rollercoaster.

I believe its better suited not for a ride, but for an outdoor theatre instead.

What with the unpredictable UK weather any kind of outdoor show is always enjoyed under some kind of cover.  Also, what with the proximity of the park near to residential housing, noise has to be to a minimum. Fireworks always have the problem of being noisy and only really being tolerated during early November time due to bonfire night so any other firework events really are a no no.

So, what about a show like Disney’s World of Colour? Using projection technology as well as fountains of all different varieties not to mention some fire effects, I think the park could have a pretty incredible show, that could not just be held during the late October/early November time but yearly instead.

The other pros from this are the theatre (when not in use by the park) could also be used for other purposes such as concerts as well as other kind of presentations/performances by outside sources.

The other big pro is the fact that it’s right next to the other car parks. So once the show has ended it’s not a huge task for people leaving the show to exit the park.

here are some pics of some examples of what im trying to get accross.

Theatre Type (obviously built on a larger scale)

Layout (bit like fantasmic at disney's hollywood studio's)

Here's an example of the World of Colour show. its incredible to think its all done with lights and water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buug042Uq_Q

so yeah. what do you guys think?
Jack

I think that they should put a coaster in car park H, but an outdoor theater would be good for somewhere else in the park...maybe have one on the lake, that would be brilliant :D
cookiee_munster

the reason i didn't choose the lake was because it would ruin the view from towers street. i prefer the view from the entrance of the park to be all about the towers themselves and nothing else. everything else is hidden away within the foliage. thats pretty much why i hate spinball so much.

plus, for a world of colour type show. the water has to be pretty much crystal clear and free of any debris etc. something the lake is not.
jackgcse

I actually really like this idea, just a shame its Alton Towers and they would not be willing to spend money on a new theater when they don't really want big shows because that costs them even more money! Its a shame because I think it would enhance Alton majorly...You only have to look at the shows produced by Disney, Port Aventura, Etc.
Themeparksandy1981

A fountain show would work great in 2 areas of the park

1) Fountain square that area they could add a fountain show Like at Blackpool pleasure Beach.

2) Towers square in the middle as the walk down or at the bottom where the scarefest themed car is now. I think here a fountain show like there got at Epcot future world section would work here but on a smaller scale.
cookiee_munster

i like the idea of the fountain show going into "fountain square"

what i meant though was more than just a fountain show. but more of a show with fountain/water elements. you could have fire effects and water screens etc. basically a show that wouldn't have to rely on fireworks or anything too noisy so then it could run all year round. :)
altontowerskid

I love the idea, I just feel that with space being so sparse at the Towers, they will probably need to use car park H for mainstream attractions.

I'm struggling to think of places the park can expand as it is, using up that whole area could ruin huge potential.
haydn!

What would be the point? They'd only scale back or cancel the show after 2 months, leaving it set un-used for 10 years, ala the ice rink!