The Future of Ice Age 4D

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Count-Vonduel

The Sonic/Sega licence running out next year got me thinking what will happen when the Iceage licence runs out or at least gets even more outdated than it already is?

What will happen to it and what do you want to happen to it?

I would like to see it get turned back into a theatre and bring back the Attic Show.

What about you?
Last edited by Count-Vonduel on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
cookiee_munster

Count-Vonduel wrote: The Sonic/Sega licence running out next year got me thinking what will happen when the Iceage licence runs out or at least gets even more outdated than it already is?

What will happen to it and what do you want to happen to it?

I would like to see it get turned back into a theatre and bring back the Attic Show.

What about you?
i never really paid much attention to what was put in there when it was re-themed to cloud cuckoo land. i found out after reading up on it on towers times and was totally gutted that they replaced their own developed show with an IP. so yes, i think it would be nice for the show to be returned back to the attic show, or something new involving the cuckoo land characters.
Themeparksandy1981

It be good if it was just turned into a normal 4D cinema so they could change the film all the time. For example during the normal days just show the same movie but during Halloween show a Halloween 4D film and a Christmas 1 during that event.
I so think Drayton Manor 4D cinema is so better than Alton Towers with more better effects,moving seats and better sound.
rhino18

It'll last another couple of years, maybe?
Dom

When the licence runs out, it will probably get sponsored by something else and they will just use the same effects, and reconfigure them to work with the new licence that they get.
Last edited by Dom on Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhino18

^End of topic.  :) ;)
lf2001

I think Ice Age won't go for a long time yet. It's a great, popular family ride, and can attract large queues. But it would be nice if they changed the film, so no one watches the same film over and over.
DeanGaryCox

I know the earlier films were never made in 3D, but it was a lost opportunity to not start off with the first film, and change it each year. I have watched the same film now so many times, don't know why I bother going there every time I go  :roll:
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
James

I was personally hoping for a custom film when I went. You know, just a little short film that's unique to Towers and cannot be seen anywhere else.
Burniel

James wrote: I was personally hoping for a custom film when I went. You know, just a little short film that's unique to Towers and cannot be seen anywhere else.
What do you mean? The Ice Age clip is only viewable at the resort ...
Pizzazz wrote: When the licence runs out, it will probably get sponsored by something else and they will just use the same effects, and reconfigure them to work with the new licence that they get.
This is the simple answer
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
DeanGaryCox

Ilovecoasters wrote:
James wrote: I was personally hoping for a custom film when I went. You know, just a little short film that's unique to Towers and cannot be seen anywhere else.

I think he means even though it's unique, as it's a shortened version of the real film, the film can be seen anywhere really... I think he may mean not Ice Age at all, and just a specific film made exclusively for Alton.
Last edited by DeanGaryCox on Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image 2014
Burniel

DeanGaryCox wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote:

I think he means even though it's unique, as it's a shortened version of the real film, the film can be seen anywhere really... I think he may mean not Ice Age at all, and just a specific film made exclusively for Alton.
That would cost more money ...

Money they were putting into the smiler ...
James

Yeah that's what I meant. The film you see at Alton Towers is not original. It is just a selection of clips from the actual films anyone can see.

The money for Ice Age was nothing to do with The Smiler. They are treated completely separately. Obviously though Alton Towers were not given enough money to allow for a custom film (I would imagine something custom would cost a hell of a lot).
Burniel

Exactly, a custom film would have seriously knocked their smiler budget