Goodbye Old McDonald's Farmyard

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
george2v

I have had a little look around the forums and couldn't seem to find anything specifically related to this.
There's a lot of evidence to suggest that OMF will be removed for the 2014 season:

- Firstly, correct me if I'm wrong, I believe Alton Towers' contract with SEGA ends next year. Therefore they'll be looking to retheme Sonic Spinball, which has also been rumoured to be being moved (however where and when is entirely unknown). This would be the perfect opportunity to bring OLF and Adventure Land together.
- Also, Santa's Sleepover will not include Old MacDonald's Farmyard this year. None of the rides will be open and Santa's Grotto will not be there neither, with currently the new destination TBA. Personally I think it should go back to where it was down the woodland walk, but I'm deviating now, so please do forgive me.
- Finally, the reason that persuaded me this is a likely event for next season. This year's Scarefest will not include Franklyn's Freaky Farm, but instead Franklyn's Freaky Fun Zone. The fact they've removed the 'farm' aspect of things so near to the end of the season is a signal to me that actually, something is going on down that end of the park.

Of course there's every possibility that this won't happen - although I will tell you, I'll be very upset if it doesn't, because it's about time it got a well-earnt revamp and I've got myself all excited now.  What theme would you like to see in its place? I'm drawn to a space theme. It's something which would be very unique to the park and Sonic Spinball could be themed around space shuttles. Just an idea.

Take care guys!
Fish777

what would happen to the tractor ride? kids love that. and i do as well  ;)
I think it should be something that won't get old after a year or so. like if they did moshi monsters or something, next year, nobody will be playing it, and nobody will enjoy the area.
Count-Vonduel

I love the farm to bits and AT would not be the same without it, while I doubt that they will be rid of it if they must, then I would love to see a medieval re-theme because that way they can keep the farm themed tractor ride.
Last edited by Count-Vonduel on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
cookiee_munster

Count-Vonduel wrote: I love the farm to bits and AT would not be the same without it but if they, while I doubt that they will be rid of it if they must, then I would love to see a medieval re-theme because that way they can keep the farm themed tractor ride.
I too think that the farm area could receive a quick medieval re-theme going back to the mythical times of knights, wizards, dragons and all sorts of other magical beasts.

It's time that area pulled in a few of the crowds. I'm actually quite amazed that the UK's no.1 theme park still actually has a farm area.
Last edited by cookiee_munster on Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
addis

Although I love the big rides I also love to take my 4 year old son and 1 year old daughter to Alton Towers.

A lot of people do not realise just how much AT has to offer to younger children. I would hate for the farm to be removed but it is in serious need for some TLC.

I think a complete re-vamp, including removing the old "...on ice" tent is essential. I just hope they do most of the work in the off season so they don't lose the younger customers.
cybermen39

If they do re vamp the farm they will totally spoil it like all the other re vamped areas . That farm has been there since 1989 and it was made to last. All the new areas apart from Mutany bay look awful. They don't take care of anything they just re do they leave them no maintenance or anything. The farm is made from proper materials not just mdf covering. If the park is ever sold in the future they will have a great job ahead putting things right. The haunted Hollow has been left to rot. And the Dark Forest was a mess the same year it opened. You could go on and on. Just appoint of view but please don't spoil a well made area.
george2v

cybermen39 wrote: If they do re vamp the farm they will totally spoil it like all the other re vamped areas . That farm has been there since 1989 and it was made to last. All the new areas apart from Mutany bay look awful. They don't take care of anything they just re do they leave them no maintenance or anything. The farm is made from proper materials not just mdf covering. If the park is ever sold in the future they will have a great job ahead putting things right. The haunted Hollow has been left to rot. And the Dark Forest was a mess the same year it opened. You could go on and on. Just appoint of view but please don't spoil a well made area.
I have to disagree buddy! I think the Dark Forest is great. It looks good and has a decent atmosohere. Haunted Hollow I do agree but the fact is there are no rides there so it's not a priority!
AltonTowersNerd

Its sad to see a themed area leave the alton towers theme park. Who's upset to see RBES, DDD, SB, TR (Tractor Ride) all go??? place your answers and share your pics here if you like to share a tribute.
Last edited by AltonTowersNerd on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themeparksandy1981

I ain't sad to see it go as it ain't been the same since Alton Towers killed all there animals so they wouldn't have to close the park if there animals got foot and mouth back in the early 00's.

The kids rides at Alton Towers have been poor for years and just a retheme will not change that. Being the no1 park in the UK, to me, the kids areas are miles behind Drayton Manor,Blackpool and many other uk parks.

Off Topic for a sec I'm suprized that Chessington has no area linked to a IP anymore after the Beano deal ran out.
Last edited by Themeparksandy1981 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lefty103

To be honest, i have never been in the area. I have always wanted to but I've always gone else where. Ill be visiting the new area tho.
Jamie

It won't affect me really, as I have never set foot in that area.
"ENTER VALHALLA!"
AltonTowersNerd

Well as for me i've been round this area a couple of times and i've been on the Riverbank Eyespy (old version with the 2D animals). I went inside Ribena Berry Bish Bash in April 2005.
J_Baggie

Is the area definitely being removed? Or just given a spruce up?
West Brom til I die!
Altontowersbarlow

The rides will remain but will have new theming added :)
jon18uk

jon18uk

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:
Off Topic for a sec I'm suprized that Chessington has no area linked to a IP anymore after the Beano deal ran out.
Chessington has IP for using Madagascar for a show and also has done events linked with Moshi Monsters for holidays. In terms of the theme of the park I think they are going after the "World of Adventures" a lot more so are trying to link lands/areas of the park to countries and continents once again.
Lee

Back on topic please guys ;)