Nemmy's 20th Birthday

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
SuperWill

As some of you enthusiasts know it will be Nemmy's 20th birthday next year! How do you think Alton Towers will celebrate the big occasion? Maybe add some scare/Phalanx actors in the queue line? What do you think Alton Towers will do for Nemmy's big 20th birthday? Discuss below! :D
Last edited by SuperWill on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Jack

I am hoping fire jets on top of the station and on the night have the park open really late 8)
Last edited by Jack on Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDarkStar

Um. I dont know. I will be going to celebrate this time next year...
daveclarkedaveclarke

I wouldn't be surprised to see some backwards Nemmy to be honest.
Lee

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote: I wouldn't be surprised to see some backwards Nemmy to be honest.
I sincerely doubt it. It's been discussed over and over in another thread.

As for nemmys twentieth, I do hope the park commemorate it in some way. I'd hope to see an event with archive features, a behind the scene tour etc.
TheBoyWithOneEye

Tea party  :P
JoshRicho-atiR

It would be cool if They refurbished they track for instance re painted it and new cars are in desperate need and also they could add need things to the theming like put tv screens in the que line like nemesis sub terra and tell the story behind the nemesis creature to set the amostphere a bit more and make the operators in the station dress in phalanx uniform to set the mood.
A

Blood soaked birthday cake :D
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
Themeparksandy1981

I'm sure that birthday cake that is/was near the monorail station will be out again for Nemesis birthday.
wolfy

water served fresh from nemmys pit  :twisted:
Jack

wolfy wrote: water served fresh from nemmys pit  :twisted:
mmm, diluted tesco grape and apple juice :lol:
JammyBand

Hopefully, they will have a firework night (open til late!) and add something new to the ride. Not something major, but a little change which is noticable. I REALLY wish they opened up the old part of the queueline which goes up past the top of the lift hill and all that (although it is really not neccessary due to the normally short queuetimes). I hope they do advertise it and everthing to give nemesis the popularity she deserves!
Jack

JammyBand wrote: Hopefully, they will have a firework night (open til late!) and add something new to the ride. Not something major, but a little change which is noticable. I REALLY wish they opened up the old part of the queueline which goes up past the top of the lift hill and all that (although it is really not neccessary due to the normally short queuetimes). I hope they do advertise it and everthing to give nemesis the popularity she deserves!
*impersonates the ad in his head* Make sure you get to the Alton Towers resort for the 20th anniversary of Nemesis, with fireworks and the park open late why would you ever miss it! Sit Back, It's fright Time! (AT had better read this :burn:)
Mark.aa

Don't repaint  the track that's part of the theming now.
Perhaps some 20the anniversary merchandising
Give the theming a tidy up.
Touch up the station paint.
Restore the old quelling to give a better view from lift hill area.
Return original nemisis branding with 20th anniversary logo (Disney style)
Make nemisis more prominent on park map like smiller is now.20th anniversary.
Anniversary logo on ride photo.
On ride DVD,

And finally have John wardley attend on anniversary of ride opening,
late night fireworks with flame effects.
VaporyFollower

Well this is my first post (yay!) but anyway I really hope they do something like refurbish the track, fresh lick of paint maybe some sort of update to the queue area giving that a little more theming and most of all the legendary nemesis nosh bus  :D
themealgang

Having the original logo returning would be nice. Is one of the boards with it on still lying around the extended queue on the hill? Would also like to see some sort of merchandise to match... maybe even a special 'enthusiasts' evening to celebrate one of the best coasters on earth. I think something like what Pleasure Beach are doing for Big Dipper 90th would be brilliant.

An interview with B&M about the ride (apparently, they regard Nemmy as one of their finest works. I'm sure I remember hearing Wardley say that during one of his Q&A sessions) would be the dream though!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Combichrist

An evening with John wardley and behind the scenes is what's needed!
SuperWill

Keep your idea's coming in guys! Personally I would love to see new merch for Nemmy's 20th Birthday and maybe AT could re-release the Nemesis comic again? And the finally the other thing I want AT to do for Nemmy's big birthday is to have Exclusive Ride Time for selected people 1 hour after the park closes! :D 

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Jack

SuperWill wrote: Keep your idea's coming in guys! Personally I would love to see new merch for Nemmy's 20th Birthday and maybe AT could re-release the Nemesis comic again? And the finally the other thing I want AT to do for Nemmy's big birthday is to have Exclusive Ride Time for selected people 1 hour after the park closes! :D
or offer ONLY AT forums the day on Nemmy ;)

EDIT:
SuperWill wrote: Keep your idea's coming in guys! Personally I would love to see new merch for Nemmy's 20th Birthday and maybe AT could re-release the Nemesis comic again? And the finally the other thing I want AT to do for Nemmy's big birthday is to have Exclusive Ride Time for selected people 1 hour after the park closes! :D 
ERMAGHERD how did I not think about that, how awesome would it be to have an on ride video :D
Last edited by Jack on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny

On ride vid