Nemmy's 20th Birthday

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Mark.aa

How about a special  event at the conference centre in park or hotel for coaster clubs and forum members ,
With John wardley and showing some of the construction archive.
With a meal.small fee to attend,nemisis 20th anniversary lanyard(normal merchandise ) with a event pass.

Then when the park is closed
Walk around tour inc as much of the old que line as possible.
exclusive use of nemesis.
then a behind the scenes tour.
Andyroo

Mark.aa wrote: How about a special  event at the conference centre in park or hotel for coaster clubs and forum members ,
With a meal.small fee to attend,nemisis 20th anniversary lanyard(normal merchandise ) with a event pass.

Brilliant idea! Seconded!
jon18uk

Mark.aa wrote: How about a special  event at the conference centre in park or hotel for coaster clubs and forum members ,

We went to the 10th Anniversary event which was basically this.
A 3 course meal in the hotel, followed by a talk by John Wardley and then Andy Hines.
Then a stayover in the hotel and then exclusive ride time on Nemesis, Air, Oblivion & corkscrew the next day being filmed for a documentary.
At the time I think they only charged £150 per hotel room (although this was out of season) and we get to go in the waterpark as at the time it was just freely open to hotel guests :)

Have managed to find a few photos from it on Alton Towers Almanac http://gallery.towersalmanac.com/thumbn ... ?album=148
Ripsaw Raver

I have always loved the idea of a little audio clip being played at the top of the lift hill just as you go over such as "Sit Back...Its Fright Time" That and some pulsating lights in the station to look a little less like a tin shed Nemesis has sat on. Plus BRING BACK THE NEMESIS DRINK! Its like im surprised alton have missed a trick here with a smiler Marmalisation medicine or somthing but bring the nemesis drink back. Strip a load of the ivy and lets have nemesis back 94" style
Last edited by Ripsaw Raver on Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
DrReeve

Im sure most of you have seen Banshee (new B&M invert at kings Island) new restraints Here
http://behindthethrills.com/wp-content/ ... 24x576.png
This addition may be large but would make the ride more comfortable.
Although this may be hard to change
Image credit to Lewis97
Zach

They do indeed look comfortable however I feel they would restrict raising your arms and on nemmy I love to raise my arms!
JammyBand

Ripsaw Raver wrote:

Anyways back on topic for the 20th birthday i have always loved the idea of a little audio clip being played at the top of the lift hill just as you go over such as "Sit Back...Its Fright Time" That and some pulsating lights in the station to look a little less like a tin shed Nemesis has sat on. Plus BRING BACK THE NEMESIS DRINK! Its like im surprised alton have missed a trick here with a smiler Marmalisation medicine or somthing but bring the nemesis drink back. Strip a load of the ivy and lets have nemesis back 94" style
They brought the Nemesis drink back! Towerstimes tweeted it!
Liam-AltonTowers

I think they should add more theming elements to it, add maybe one or two guards like they have on sub-terra to the entrance and build part of the queline to be like a tunnel with sound effects and special lighting. just an idea.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
rosco1982uk

Awh no!!! 20 years old?! Really?!

I remember watching the kids ride "Alton Towers exciting new coaster" on Blue Peter (none of this just watching it on youtube now) when I was 10 and demanding to be taken to ride it.

God I feel old.
Burniel

Original advert on TV again
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
A

A good painting and some new effects would be a fitting birthday present for the old gal :)
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
schmatt

Bring back the Nemesis Nosh Bus and scrap that dire fish and chips building! A decent sized nemesis shop would also be nice but where it could be located I'm unsure. Some new trains similar to Banshee's would be great as shes getting a lil rough now and a vest restraint will minimize any head banging. This along with some general maintenance mainly involving touching up and painting the station would all be welcome additions. Wouldn't appose to a nice new fire effect somewhere on the ride either.  :lol:

EDIT: Additionally to help separate air from FV enclose the final turn and break run. This could also be used as a small dark ride esque finale. Put air cannons along the break run with sound effects similar to Sub Terror and the occasional strobe. Add ambient lighting similar to Vampire's station in the nemesis station and add a door over the track exit to block out the light. Then when dispatched "sit back, its fright time" plays, station floods with a red light, theme plays, doors open, trains exit, doors close, return to ambient lighting for the train to reenter the station.
Last edited by schmatt on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCandrew

Enclosing the final turn and break run is a great idea! I've always thought air should be sepperate s and I think it will, but this part of nemesis is awkward. Never thought of this! It would add good effect too!
Dr_emmett_brown

More TV advertisements including the original story would be good, as well as the inclosed brake area would be good! Maybe a refurbishment of the "nemesis creature" station as the colours are looking a bit dull! I know that this is part of the theming but maybe with more modern effects it could look scarier!
Danny

Dr_emmett_brown wrote: Maybe a refurbishment of the "nemesis creature" station as the colours are looking a bit dull!
The colours looking dull is the least of everyone's worries. The worst part is that they've had to rip sections off due to rot.
Danny

I'd like an Incredible Hulk lift hill! Like enclosed in a tunnel, you start climbing very slowly and you hear a doctors voice saying something like, it's near completion, it's starting to wake, prepare... For... Nemesis! Then the launch begins and and you hear the monster noises from sub terra for the rest of the tunnel. It's only a launch with a speed so the car could reach the top. Going over would give some great airtime and make it more obvious that nemesis is based on a monster.
cookiee_munster

id like for the comic to be re-printed. :)
DrReeve

well if sections have fallen off due to rot. It would be nice to restore these bits. also enclosing the brake run would be nice would provide a nice feeling. especially when your waiting for the next train to leave the station instead of just sitting there have some noises playing and footsteps of nemesis.
Image credit to Lewis97
King Nemesis

We could be honest and say.. towers won't do anything..

But I do wish they would do something like what BPB are doing on Friday with the birthday party, food and party package with rides in forbidden valley open after the park has closed.
Ripsaw Raver

danny.g97 wrote: I'd like an Incredible Hulk lift hill! Like enclosed in a tunnel, you start climbing very slowly and you hear a doctors voice saying something like, it's near completion, it's starting to wake, prepare... For... Nemesis! Then the launch begins and and you hear the monster noises from sub terra for the rest of the tunnel. It's only a launch with a speed so the car could reach the top. Going over would give some great airtime and make it more obvious that nemesis is based on a monster.
Not to be rude but how more obvios do they have to make it with a giant alien creature sat smack back in the middle lol

Maybe a flamethrower positioned on the stall turn could be cool, so just as the train exits the zero g a "Phalanx Gun" fires regardless of the victims Nemesis holds, The Flame would be on central post and would give the effect of a close call as you swoop into the valley before the stall- Or maybe just return the old Camp up and the hill and add some more scenery around
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123