Alton Towers Live 2014: Speculation

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Senator

I reckon it'll be similar to the acts this year, Olly, Union J..

Thanks NickiFan
Owen

They would not put the same acts
submission2001 wrote: Alton towers live 2014

Gaga
Katy perry
Jessie j-headline
Little mix
Stooshe
Olly murs
One direction

That all I know. :P
Bold=no way, 1-too expensive 2- they keep all the acts British
Italics=no, they have been here this year
Normal=possibly
lf2001

I would love Jessie J to make an appearance. I'm speculating though that the winner of X Factor this year could make an appearance?
btatkinson

Celebs I would love love love to be there:
Cheryl Cole, Jessie J, Sam Bailey.

I know this would never happen but I would love Lea Michele there
:D
Last edited by btatkinson on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lf2001

I do hope Sam Bailey is there. I don't see why not.
Eagie

Hopefully we should know soon - the line up for the last one was posted on here on 25th Feb last year.  Personally I would like something that doesn't just appeal to the teens but understand why AT go for that market.
mac359

I can see Ellie Goulding being there, she's touring at the moment and is becoming more and more popular so she's a good bet. Others I would consider would be Jessie J? Maybe Tinie Tempah, Little Mix, McBusted, Bastille, Disclosure, Ella Eyre, Sam Smith.
Who knows, the past lineups have been good but this year is gonna be a good year for British music so should be a good one.
We'll find out soon anyway :D
Last edited by mac359 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hmv

Doesn't look like there will be a 2014 live, just seen a comment on the FB page where someone asked about it. Towers replied saying they had no concerts planned for 2014, very strange seeing as it had seemed to have been "confirmed" last year!!  :?
Eagie

They might just be holding on for it all to be official or alternatively they may think the line up is too similar to last year's so possibly looking at something different.

If it does happen the line up is likely to be Jessie J, Jason Derulo, Rizzle Kicks, The Saturdays, The Vamps, Katy B, Union J, Neon Jungle and Rixton.

www.uklive.co.uk
http://www.4music.com/news/news/UK-Live ... s-for-2014
Danny

Eagie wrote: They might just be holding on for it all to be official or alternatively they may think the line up is too similar to last year's so possibly looking at something different.

If it does happen the line up is likely to be Jessie J, Jason Derulo, Rizzle Kicks, The Saturdays, The Vamps, Katy B, Union J, Neon Jungle and Rixton.

www.uklive.co.uk
http://www.4music.com/news/news/UK-Live ... s-for-2014
Why on earth would they have exactly the same line up as a concert already taking place this year?!?!
stealthsmiler

See I think if there were  American acts the event would be so much bigger as people are more likely to want to go. British acts perform concerts all the time here, just like American acts do in the US. If American acts were to perform, it would be a bit more special and I deffo would want to go more, coz I dont really like any British acts with the exception of Jessie J and one or two others. I am going this year unless One Direction perform, so I really hope Alton don't get them to perform.

Clean Bandit NEED to perform though!

But seen as it will prob stay British, I would Like to see Jessie J headline with Rizzle Kicks, Clean Bandit, Neon Jungle, Sam Bailey (Although she doesn't really have any songs to sing, but could always cover some), maybe Little Mix.
Eagie

DannyG wrote: Why on earth would they have exactly the same line up as a concert already taking place this year?!?!
Because that is the company who did Alton Towers Live for them. It is basically a touring production, not specifically an Alton Towers event though some acts may change due to availability.

Even the logo is based on the same template:

North East Live 2013

Alton Towers Live 2013

Last edited by Eagie on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen

It's not happening anymore. We have Thorpe Park LiVE and who is there? A bunch of 'up an coming artists' *cough* wannabe artists *cough*
Danny

Alton Towers have said on thief twitter and Facebook accounts many times that there is no AT live this year.however they don't say why. It's strange because it's not like it is massively popular!
Owen

DannyG wrote:Alton Towers have said on thief twitter and Facebook accounts many times that there is no AT live this year.however they don't say why. It's strange because it's not like it is massively popular!
It was most likely due to the awful organisation, it took at least an hour before getting out of the car park. There was queues through mutiny bay, down to x-Sector and sonic, it was a monstrosity. I for one put a 1 (awful) on the survey for organisation
tallicay2k

How about some REAL music?

Iron Maiden....British and more talented than anyone listed
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Jack

^If only that would happen :(