If you had to, which ride would you remove?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.

If you had to which ride would you remove?

Oblivion
1%
Rita
9%
Air
1%
Nemesis
3%
th13teen
4%
Smiler
1%
Mine train
6%
Flume
55%
Sub-terra
19%

Total votes: 210
Fish777

Flume cos its old and battered. I would like an intamin aquatrax to take its place
Burniel

Sub terra. It's pointless
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Kirsty25

None of the above, the flume needs some TLC but I like it overall as a ride, as I like the other rides...
mccroriec

Rita would be my pick as I'd like to see a Mack launch coaster instead.
djedwardsmith

Bye Flume. Old, doesn't suit the purpose, very rare we have a hot enough day to make it worth riding.

Hello huge amount of space to do some serious stuff with.
tallicay2k

Ilovecoasters wrote: Sub terra. It's pointless
I disagree, I think it fits nicely around the idea of nemesis and how they found more eggs and how they have been contained. Actors play an awesome part in it.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
lucy2244

The flume,

The flume is outdated now and even though people enjoy it, I just find it tedious. There is a large bit of the flume spent just going round and round and this would be okay with theming- but theming is minimal and this brings ride experience down. The drops aren't really that great and the layout isn't good either. All good theme parks need a water ride- but compared to the layout of the rapids that runs next to the RMT, the flume really isn't a comparison.
RITA123

I voted Sub Terra because it didn't make me feel scared one bit which is a shame because they could have made a much better nemesis creature story.Also I don't know why anybody would want to get rid of the top 6 (Smiler,Nemesis,Oblivion,Rita,Th13teen and Air).

Credit to Lewis97
Alex.D

Whoever voted oblivion. Please leave now. Flume though as it needs replacing as it is old, boring and would open up a lot of space.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
A

Alex.D wrote: Whoever voted oblivion. Please leave now. Flume though as it needs replacing as it is old, boring and would open up a lot of space.
That would be me, I find oblivion pretty pointless since there's barely two seconds worth of action on the ride
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
Forza_Dan24

I voted to remove The Flume for reasons already stated.
Smile. Always. :moj
Big thanks to lewis97 for the signature!
nodestinyx

I don't want to see the flume go :( i like the seating arrangement and i find it a nice gentle ride a great one to do after lunch
RCandrew

nodestinyx wrote: I don't want to see the flume go :( i like the seating arrangement and i find it a nice gentle ride a great one to do after lunch
But they should replace it with a more interesting one, with a better theme and maybe one that takes up less space and a new ride could go beside it!
Count-Vonduel

I voted The Flume, I don't want it to leave the park, but I want a major pirate re-theme with good theming either way I hate the duck themed flume at the moment.
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
Jack

WHICH 3 PEOPLE VOTED NEMESIS :burn: but yeah, the flume does need taking down, wouldn't mind a better flume at least :)
JoshRicho-atiR

Alex.D wrote: Whoever voted oblivion. Please leave now. Flume though as it needs replacing as it is old, boring and would open up a lot of space.
What sort of Attaction should replace it?
Alex.D

A new,improved water flume or a good dark/coaster ride that interacts with the foliage in the area!
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
JoshRicho-atiR

Alex.D wrote: A new,improved water flume or a good dark/coaster ride that interacts with the foliage in the area!
The site is a little too big for a dark ride don't you think? Could they make a worlds first water ride you think?
RCandrew

JoshRicho-atiR wrote:
Alex.D wrote: A new,improved water flume or a good dark/coaster ride that interacts with the foliage in the area!
The site is a little too big for a dark ride don't you think? Could they make a worlds first water ride you think?
I think they could! Or another better flume with a new rollercoaster based on the same theme interlinking with the flume! Likee the rollercoaster could be a shark diving around attacking the boats etc, I really don't know :lol: :lol:
Owen

Nemesis...
It hurts me  :tears:
I just don't find that nemesis really amazes me, although I'd also have the flume and RMT replaced
Last edited by Owen on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.