Nemesis Backwards!

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
W@LLI$

In the U.S. at Six Flags the Batman Ride has been turned backwards for a limited time! This got me thinking, think if Alton Towers did that to Nemesis! We all know it would be copying 'The Swarm' at Thorpe Park, however surely it would be more intense! The trains could have two forward and two backwards and have separate queues for both!

What do you think? Should Alton Towers make Nemesis go backwards?
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

It all become a bit of a gimmic now, we can make every ride backwards on that basis...
Of one had to be it would be Blivvy  or as you said Nemmy. No point in the smiler doing so...
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
JamieH93

By backwards do you mean the train going backwards round the track?
or the trains flipped  and going the correct way but facing backwards?
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
W@LLI$

JamieH93 wrote: By backwards do you mean the train going backwards round the track?
or the trains flipped  and going the correct way but facing backwards?
The whole train going backwards
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
JamieH93

that would be awesome on nemesis :D
but I'd say better on oblivion.
I bet if they did it, it would be a scarefest only thing and would increase the queue time like hell!
Credit to lewis97

You belong to the smiler
Krazycoaster

Nemesis going backwards would get rid of the charm about the ride. In all honesty, rides aren't really enhanced much by going backwards.
Went on The Swarm backwards the other day and although it looks cool watching the track fly past from underneath you, the ride experience is basically the same as going forwards.
arsenalfan-1

Krazycoaster wrote: Nemesis going backwards would get rid of the charm about the ride. In all honesty, rides aren't really enhanced much by going backwards.
Went on The Swarm backwards the other day and although it looks cool watching the track fly past from underneath you, the ride experience is basically the same as going forwards.
I agree, AT should leave the legendary coaster alone. The only changes that should be made is just keeping things maintained.
Thanks Lewis97
deeve

I have no idea why going backwards is becoming a trend. No no no for nemy going backwards.
Alex.D

NO! Image It would ruin AT's best rollercoaster. try 13 backwards so the launch is forwards.... Oblivion backwards would just be weird. The best blivvy experience is when you look up and have your restraint as loose as possible. That is cool!
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
iriderides101

I would be against this if it was for a limited time

Would add a new spin to the ride but maybe do this in the quieter parts of the season
Alex.D

Not really. We also have to consider the g force in the equation too! Imagine that helix backwards. :shock: That will pull a lot of g's!
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
A

Doesn't make a difference what way your facing, each seat will always pull the same g's. So no. Just No. LEAVE POOR NEMMY ALONE!!!  [-(
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
AdamPanic

It makes a difference which way you're facing.
Why do air-stewards seats face towards the rear of the plane? and passengers forward towards to nose?

Because is safer and more survivable that way.
In accident ( in the direction of travel ) they are pressed against and into the seat back, rather thrown forward into the back of the next seat.

Nemesis has / had the back row facing backwards though. I think they do it for special occasions like Scarefest. 
Last edited by AdamPanic on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperWill

You would probably break your neck if you were on Nemesis backwards! :O

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
AdamPanic

Imagine Riding Air backwards. To me, it feel stupid. Flying around feet first.

E-Stopped on lift. Blood rushing to your head. Also be a pain in the ass to evac.
DrReeve

JamieH93 wrote: that would be awesome on nemesis :D
but I'd say better on oblivion.
I bet if they did it, it would be a scarefest only thing and would increase the queue time like hell!
alton are  not going to change a ride car just for scare fest that would be extremely expensive and silly.

On the topic of nemesis backwards. It would have no more g's just the same experience with your back facing forwards. You dont get excited when you face backwards on an actual train. So why here?
Image credit to Lewis97
TheSmiler1998

None of this would ever happe but I would love Bilvvy backwards and with the chai hill noise on a cd so you can't tell where the drop is!
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
Lee

Im not too sure this would happen.

Nemesis has been running for almost two decades, and still surprises, wows and packs a punch today. It's still a very popular crowd pleaser and until that popularity begins to wane, towers won't look at rejuvenating her.
Last edited by Lee on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scw55

Part of the thrill of Nemesis is wondering if you'll end up having bloody stumps as feet at the end of it.
Going backwards will remove any sense of peril that your feet may get smashed to pieces.
Owen

scw55 wrote: Part of the thrill of Nemesis is wondering if you'll end up having bloody stumps as feet at the end of it.
Going backwards will remove any sense of peril that your feet may get smashed to pieces.
BIT GRAPHIC!  :lol: