NEW 2014

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
americano

This is my first discussion thread thing so if ive made any errors i apologise. What i'd like to know is, i dont what your thoughts of what you'd like to appear but what you think alton towers would open new for the 2014 season and what changes you'd expect to see. Thank u.
Owen

First of all welcome to the forum!

But anyway all I ecxpect is maybe...erm...HARDLEY ANYTHING! The most I can see happening is sonic spinball returning to spinball wizzer and maybe ice age 4 clips show instead of 3. (Also if the sonic thing is/will happen they probley will quickly dash all things sonic away and paste spinball wizzer signs every where.
Last edited by Owen on Sat May 18, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Th13TEENGUY

Welcome to the forum.
I agree with thrillmad AT have apparently removed their plans for the lodges so i doubt there will be much  :D
LCFC til i die
SpecyBeast

Like others have said, either a deconstruction or re-them of Sonic Spinball
Pleaseeee Populate my forum for Media Studies

http://thrillmakersofficialfans.net84.net

americano

thank you for welcoming me.  :)
do any of u think they may do the adventure land retheme they planned 2/3 years ago which got rejected? if so do u think that may play apart in sonic spinballs removal...or maybe a retheme.
Owen

SpecyBeast wrote: Like others have said, either a deconstruction or re-them of Sonic Spinball
No way they won't deconstruct it,they'd be idiots to do so after its queue times while the Smilers been constructed (on average 30-60mins longest in the park)
Owen

americano wrote: thank you for welcoming me.  :)
do any of u think they may do the adventure land retheme they planned 2/3 years ago which got rejected? if so do u think that may play apart in sonic spinballs removal...or maybe a retheme.
What re-theme,thrill knows no such thing  :shock:
PeteB

We know the park definitely want to move Sonic Spinball. Move, not remove. When that will happen though is anyone's guess.

Adventure Land and The Farm I believe will be the next project. The plans for Shrek 4D were dropped at the last minute due to some issue with Universal, and so we ended up with Ice Age 4D last year in addition to Sub Terra.

2014 will no doubt be a low investment year for the themepark, so I think we'll see something happen in that area in 2015 (medium investment), and then of course the next big ride will come in 2016.
A

Do you reckon it would be possible to enclose spinball? We already know from crush's coaster that enclosed Maurer and sohne spinning coasters work well :)
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
clayj

IF spin ball was to be moved... Where ??
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
deeve

Adventure Land, The Farm and The flume are the next targets i hope.. I watched Divertical several times on you tube yesterday and had dreams of that coming to either Alton Towers or Thorpe Park. Height is the issue for Alton Towers sadly. I think we may get a flat as the lodges is not going ahead.
Roodlesnouter

clayj wrote: IF spin ball was to be moved... Where ??
A different park, Chesssignton maybe.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A

It won't go to chessington, they already have dragon's fury. I reckon it will either go to thorpe or it will be moved somewhere else to be rethemed at alton
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
Owen

It's wont move 2014 and I think it will stay at alton,tbh all they need to do is merge storybook and adventure land together re-theme and put in some tall trees to hide it  ;)
schmatt

Would like CCL to be updated in 2014, as family/kids areas similar to nick. Land and thomas land is seriously lacking at the towers. A few new nice wacky themed rides suitable for the whole family is what the area is crying out for! Will also attract families, and with the smiler opening the year before thrill seekers will still be coming to the park, therefore catering for everyone.

Depending on the success of the area, would like spinball to be moved to the area in 2015 for the medium investment year. Ive posted in the spinball future thread but will quote my post for convience.
Would love to see it in cloud cookoo land as part as a major redevelopment of the area. however i doubt they would get planning permission. The area will be updated in 2014 with similar rides to nick. & thomas Land but with the wacky CCL theme. In 2015 spinball will be moved to the area, behind what i believe was the Nick outta control building. Which will act as the shop, station entrance and facade for the ride.

Give it a 60s music theme, with slight reference to trippy hippies to keep the older guests entertained. The facade of the ride will be a music studio, with the ride sign hanging over the door lit up in lights. The queue takes you through a club'esque' series of rooms, playing some 60s hits with some nice taky lights and discoballs.

Towards the end of the queue you reach the baggage hold and a group of around 40 are batched into a room where an interactive pre-show similar to Zufaris but with a nice hippy charecter instead. who makes a few jokes, gets people dancing and finally tells the group that hes made a car to transport you back to the 60s (Austin Powers eat your heart out) The group then exits the pre-show and enters another short queue in the load/unload bay. Where screens show the boarding instructions and how to pick their song. (See below) The station area has a backstage theme, similar to RnRC, but with coloured lights over the cars.

The ride is essentially spinball but enclosed with some nice lighting and effects, possibly similar to X's. The ride cars however have been themed with some chrome pipes and wires to make it look more 'time machiney'. The seats also have individual speakers in the headrests. And a system similar to HRRR where guests choose their favourite 60s jam to rock out too. This will be the main selling point to the ride and can be marketed as europes first blah blah pick your own song blahblah amazing blah blah psychological blah.

On dispatch, as the car travels the straight before the lift, which has numerous 'stage enterance >' signs plastered on the walls. You hear the hippy saying something along the lines of 'hold on dudes, it gets a little bumpy.' The lift hill has HRRR style rings with lights, bubbles and smoke effects simulating the time travel. once at the top the riders song kicks in, disco lights blare and the ride travels the course. The brake run has a short strobe as the car comes to a hault. The music stops and the hippy welcomes the riders back, and says the unload instructions. Riders exit into a shop filled with 60s style alton towers merch.

This will not only attract more guests to the corner of the park, it will free up adventure land for some new family development which hopefully will be less of an eyesore than sonic was. It also means alton finally gets an indoor coaster again 
clayj

IF it moved within AT it would have to get a re-theme. The only place it could fit in would be in the old coaster corner & form part of CCL. The issue here would be noise restriction as would make it the closest coaster to the village. A way around this, plus a way of improving the ride IMO would be to enclose the vast majority of the ride & only have the two turn around poking out of the building themed in the same way as Crush's coaster @ DLP (although a completely different theme of course)

Last edited by clayj on Sun May 19, 2013 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Roodlesnouter

I strongly believe it will leave the park in time for the start of the 2014 season, can't really back this up so I guess time will.

Just remember you heard it here first  :lol:
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Owen

roodlesnouter wrote: I strongly believe it will leave the park in time for the start of the 2014 season, can't really back this up so I guess time will.

Just remember you heard it here first  :lol:
I really hope it does not leave as I absolutely adore sonic,plus AT don't just focus on these fan forums,it is also about GP popularity and tbh 1.they don't really care where it is and 2.every year it has an average queue range of 30-120mins (one of the most popular family rides only beaten by TH13TEEN) each season so that's telling AT something!
Benjsh

The ride itself is actually very good still. One of the best of it types I have ridden. It's just the theme where it falls down for me.

Can't see it leaving the park. A paint job and new theme could totally transform it.
ManiaMuse

I thought AT were looking to move Spinball as part of plans to have some kind of resort open 365 days a year?