NEW 2014

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
clayj

glen191 wrote: I don't think they'll move the spinball ride with it been a fixed base ride it would cost a lot to move it, plus the cost of something to replace it.
But they could have better use for the space in a new ride or area so its justifiable to move it ? Yes its fixed base, but its based on flat land & AT already have the plans for footers so would be relatively easy to move
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
glen191

I would love to see a top fuel dragster type of ride maybe down in the bottom of the gardens if that is allowed.
DrReeve

glen191 wrote: I would love to see a top fuel dragster type of ride maybe down in the bottom of the gardens if that is allowed.
Although i would love to see this theres a problem. The gardens are protected of some sort meaning they cant chop down certain trees. Plus until rita leaves i don't see them having too launch coasters.
Image credit to Lewis97
Wes

Regarding to Spinball moving - it's only the Sonic Contract running out that would result in change.
americano

in the future plans it said spinball would either be relocated or be removed..so being relocated cannot be a problem for them if there concidering. but i think for the 2014 season i think a new area might open replacing the story book land and adventure land as its looking very worn and untouched for quite a while...what do you think?
iriderides101

Nothing major, maybe a spruce up for the older rides and a few new affects added to the smiler.

2015 will be the next 'big year'
RCD27

Finding something extra to go in Gloomy Wood. Find a way of maybe putting Sonic there, i'm sure it could be re themed somehow.

A new flat there, maybe more of a kiddie ride or rob one of the flats from Thorpe Park
Sonic Saw Stealth Smiler
schmatt

RCD27 wrote: Finding something extra to go in Gloomy Wood. Find a way of maybe putting Sonic there, i'm sure it could be re themed somehow.

A new flat there, maybe more of a kiddie ride or rob one of the flats from Thorpe Park
Very little room in GW as, well the name suggests its in a wood. Sonic could possibly fit on the lake behind the flume if it was filled in and be accessible through haunted hallow. Although i'm sure there will be a lot of restrictions here as technically it is part of the gardens.

http://binged.it/13ExfYp
DrReeve

schmatt wrote:
RCD27 wrote: Finding something extra to go in Gloomy Wood. Find a way of maybe putting Sonic there, i'm sure it could be re themed somehow.

Very little room in GW as, well the name suggests its in a wood. Sonic could possibly fit on the lake behind the flume if it was filled in and be accessible through haunted hallow. Although i'm sure there will be a lot of restrictions here as technically it is part of the gardens.

http://binged.it/13ExfYp
I dont think spinball will fit but i think a flat could slip nicely in there with little tree removal
Image credit to Lewis97
Dom

i would love to see two flat rides put in. one in gloomy wood and another in dark forest. plus i would also like to see the place spruced up. everything getting a lick of paint and some more scenery items placed.
stu1980

Sonic to go into the flume area to be fitted around the flume with the que line at the start of haunted hollow. New for 2014 ied love to see the ice shows back there have been things flying round about this but not confirmed.

i know what ied wetmyself at - a doctor who land ied live there :)))))))
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
tharrison4815

Thrillmad wrote:
SpecyBeast wrote: Like others have said, either a deconstruction or re-them of Sonic Spinball
No way they won't deconstruct it,they'd be idiots to do so after its queue times while the Smilers been constructed (on average 30-60mins longest in the park)
I believe it does have the lowest throughput of all the rollercoasters at AT (and even worse if there is any rain) so the large queue times may be due to being inefficient and not necessarily a symbol of popularity.

If my memory serves it has a throughput of 950 riders per hour (cut to almost half when there is just light rain) compared to the most efficient - Oblivion at 1900-2000
danny_davies

I can't see it being moved to anither place in the park as all the spaces are impractical, Unless it stays where it is (unlikely) I can see it moving to Thorpe Park or another Merlin park
"Stoke City till I die!"
tcw1993

As much as id like to deny it, cause i love spinball, i cant see it staying THAT much longer. and if they do keep it, it could do with a lick of paint, cause it is looking a bit sorry for itself :( and also its not been too reliable this season either ive been 4 times so far and 2 days it was closed for either a full day or the majority of the day, and the other times they have only been letting 3 riders on per car due to the ugly summer weve had.
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.
TheDarkStar

Spinball could move to legoland windsor.
bensaund

Didn't they move the last coaster to Legoland Florida due to noise? Spinball isn't quiet at all.
If you go down to the woods today
Pennywise

D4n's Wishlist
- An extra show. Whether that be the return of the Ice Skating or otherwise. At the moment we just have Mutiny Bay Pirates in terms of entertainment and, if Adventure Land / The Farmyard is getting 'spruced up' or rethemed in the next couple of years then some live entertainment for it would be ideal.
- Ice Age: Continental Drift 4D. Easy change to the 4D cinema in Cloud Cuckoo Land, requiring minimal effort and an entirely new attraction for the 2014.
-Retheme of the Adventure Land / Farmyard area including the removal of Sonic Spinball and possibly Squirrel Nutty.
- Permanent return of The Sanctuary to help to support The Smiler's advertising for another year.

I would expect possibly two of the things on my wishlist to occur, expecting any more would be greedy. :P Blade and Flume are also both 'past it' but I think Towers will hang on to them for a little while longer.
If my memory serves it has a throughput of 950 riders per hour (cut to almost half when there is just light rain) compared to the most efficient - Oblivion at 1900-2000
Your projected figures are both much too high. Spinball will possibly get through 700 riders in an hour, and Oblivion 1300. Potential throughput is significantly higher for both rides, but once you take into account "faff" these are the figures generally achieved.
WillB

In 2014 I'd like to see The Flume get a deep clean, a re-paint and any bits that have seen their day to be replaced. It's a shame it's seen some neglect of late, it could be a much nicer experience.
Hari

In 2014 I'd like to see...

- A compact thrill rollercoaster where Sonic Spinball is and for Sonic Spinball to be relocated to where The Big Top stands under a new name! (Maybe fitting in to the StoryBook Land theme!  :shock:)

- A Re-Theme of Adventure Land!
Why? - Because the new roller coaster should have a thrilling theme to it! (My Idea; A Medieval Zone with a Vekoma Corkscrew roller coaster inter-twining with a castle! Or even a woodie! :O)

- The Flume Re-Themed to a Pirate theme! (My name idea; Mutiny Splash)
OR
- A new water coaster themed on Pirates to replace The Flume! (However, this ride is indoor and will mean that the lake will have to be filled in!) A little bit like Drop To Atlantis at SeaWorld Orlando! (But with pirates of course!)

But in 2015 I'd like to see...

- The removal of The Blade and a more thrilling flat ride put in with a 1.4m height restriction making Forbidden Valley a thrill-only zone!
OR
- The removal of Ripsaw only if another roller coaster was put in which is highly unlikely in 2015 :)

- Another new flat in the Dark Forest where UG Swinger used to be! (Here is my idea;

Wraith Revenge

A ride a bit like the Sartori Techno Jump but with Alton Towers' own twist. Hopefully to be constructed by Alton Towers like Adventure Island did with Time Machine.

A slower Techno Jump (Not by that much) with spinning cars that tilt a little. The cars are also themed to be like a coffin. You climb down into it and the door closes from above. I was thinking it could be in a building with a backstory, a little like Nemesis Sub Terra.

The ride will actually be underground, and the pre-shows and a simulator on the top level. The facade to look like a little bit 13's station but to look like a cemetary at the same time. The backstory is, Alton Pushed back the trees to reveal an abandoned cemetery. It was used in the late 1800's and has not been used since because 13 murders were committed there. Alton thought it was a coincidence considering they named their ride Th13teen. The park have allowed you to enter the cemetery as test subjects, but you didn't know what was coming.
Here is a Full Ride experience as a story...

You enter the creepy looking queue line that is located next to the horrifying cemetery. You hand in your bags at the luggage hold as you enter the Main Building. You are put in groups of about 20 to tour the cemetery. You walkthrough a creepy looking corridor into a room. They play a pre-show on how the cemetery was found (As I explained above) and how you are the test subjects. At the end of the clip, the exit doors open and you meet your creepy tour guide. They lead into another room with two staircases, one going up and one going down. Just as you are about to go upstairs. A huge piece of the ceiling falls infront of the stairs going up. The actor/tour guide says "I guess we are going down..." in a scary voice. You are lead downstairs and scary noises and bats screeching can be heard. The next thing you know it the tour is having some problems breathing, and collapses into a ditch. His last words are "Follow the path and you wont go.... ahhhhh!" then the ditch covers up. The ditch opens up again but with a creepy wraith inside. It points to the newly open door. It leads into the ride section. After the ride there are all of these wraiths chasing you yelling "GET OUT!" You run towards the exit and the light hurts your eyes.)

I think that is basically it for 2014 and 2015.\

But in 2016 I'd like to see....
Nahhhh, I'm just kidding. I bet your eyes are hurting after all that so Im out! PEACE!
NR
SamSimkin

Nothing except maybe another family ride whether that be a flat or something else.

I doubt for a long long while they will put in another rollercoaster. So now they can concentrate on the family market
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION