What type of major flat would you like to see next?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
coastercrazy18

Just wondering what type of flat ride you would like to see next at Alton Towers? Personally, if Alton Towers didn't have a height limit, I would like to see a free fall tower. But as they can't I would like to see something like Vortex in Thorpe Park which I think is manufactured by KMG.
Last edited by coastercrazy18 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
its always good to go to the dentist so you can get a better smile :D
foleyshikari

coastercrazy18 wrote: Just woundering what type of flat ride you would like to see next at alton towers. Personaly if alton towers didnt have a hight limit i would like to see a free fall tower. But as they cant i would like to see something like the vortex in thorp park which i think is manufactured by kmg.
An interesting idea would be to incorporate something to do with Thirteen. I don't think the Dark Forest offers enough 'breaker' rides currently, with 2 big rides the queues are always going to be huge. It would be nice to see a flat there to break up the queues a little.

Personally, I think a ride like Samauri in Thrope Park would be nice. An idea of the Dark Forest 'overpowering' a tree and ripping it from its roots i.e. the seats and flinging it around all over the place. That could work!

I'd also like Duel to be refurbished and restored. It would be nice to see it return to it's former glory!
coastercrazy18

Also i would like to see the area by sonic spinball to have a flat ride. I havent realy been on duel i suppose its good?
foleyshikari wrote:
coastercrazy18 wrote: Just woundering what type of flat ride you would like to see next at alton towers. Personaly if alton towers didnt have a hight limit i would like to see a free fall tower. But as they cant i would like to see something like the vortex in thorp park which i think is manufactured by kmg.
An interesting idea would be to incorporate something to do with Thirteen. I don't think the Dark Forest offers enough 'breaker' rides currently, with 2 big rides the queues are always going to be huge. It would be nice to see a flat there to break up the queues a little.

Personally, I think a ride like Samauri in Thrope Park would be nice. An idea of the Dark Forest 'overpowering' a tree and ripping it from its roots i.e. the seats and flinging it around all over the place. That could work!

I'd also like Duel to be refurbished and restored. It would be nice to see it return to it's former glory!
altontowerskid

Dark Forest desperately needs a flat down at the bottom, near Th13teen entrance. Something intense with a small footprint.

I would also like to see Blade replaced with something a bit more modern, can't stand the old pirate boats now. Difficult location to house a different ride though :?
arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le?

I understand the problem with Alton Towers planning  ;) but i do hope they find a way to build many new flats as they are a great experience, and its the only part in which ( dare i say it) Thorpe Park beat Alton :/ i hope they build quite a few like the ones Thorpe as and many other new and crazy one for themselves.

I know its practically impossible but i would love for them to build a drop tower! a proper one which is huge and drops more than a 20 ft drop aha IMO ( i know loads has recently been spent there ) i think its best situated in the X sector, as i hope the fellow the look of Apocalypse at Drayton Manor, as its a huge tower and give a futuristic metal GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENT look! not like most where its a ugly steel cage haha. aka the detonator ;) maybe they could make it go underground or benefit the council and satellite or wind turbine on top aha ;) or just create a bigger drop on NST ;)
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
‘Cause I'm Mr. Brightside
Benji

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: I understand the problem with Alton Towers planning  ;) but i do hope they find a way to build many new flats as they are a great experience, and its the only part in which ( dare i say it) Thorpe Park beat Alton :/ i hope they build quite a few like the ones Thorpe as and many other new and crazy one for themselves.

I know its practically impossible but i would love for them to build a drop tower! a proper one which is huge and drops more than a 20 ft drop aha IMO ( i know loads has recently been spent there ) i think its best situated in the X sector, as i hope the fellow the look of Apocalypse at Drayton Manor, as its a huge tower and give a futuristic metal GOVERNMENT EXPERIMENT look! not like most where its a ugly steel cage haha. aka the detonator ;) maybe they could make it go underground or benefit the council and satellite or wind turbine on top aha ;) or just create a bigger drop on NST ;)
I agree that thorpe park beat alton on flats, but ripsaw is by far my favourite flat ride out of both parks! But even though I would love a high drop tower I don't think it would ever work. It looks like we are stuck with N:ST's drop tower :( ;)

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
clayj

Id always thought it would have been great if they were able to fit a drop tower into KC on/above the tunnel for RMT & CRR. Basically, the station/loading platform would be on the top of the tunnel hidden within a rock facade. What the riders see from the exterior above the rock facade is a mine shaft going upwards encasing the actual drop/shot tower. As for the ride itself. You would load and once secure the lights would go out. Without riders knowing, the floor moves away & the carriage drops down into the RMT CRR tunnel (now themed rather then plain concrete) where you are shot up the tower.
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Ripsaw Raver

For me i would love to see A Mondial Diablo and a Moser SpeedFlip, and heaven forbid when the day comes to replace Ripsaw a Zamperla Windshear or a Moser Maverick Assymetric
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
altontowerskid

arE Y0u R3AdY t0 Sm1Le? wrote: ...maybe they could make it go underground...
I've always thought an Intamin drop tower would sound great if partially built underground. Can you imagine the sound, the clap of the air due to the pressure as the carriage falls into the hole. Would suit X Sector brilliantly, matching Oblivion, but sadly very unlikely to happen due to planning regs.
clayj

altontowerskid wrote:
I've always thought an Intamin drop tower would sound great if partially built underground. Can you imagine the sound, the clap of the air due to the pressure as the carriage falls into the hole. Would suit X Sector brilliantly, matching Oblivion, but sadly very unlikely to happen due to planning regs.
Probably less to do with planning regs and more to do with budget.
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
coastercrazy18

Yes it dos cost alot because thet spent alot on oblivion macking it underground. I think that something like the ride called rush in thorp park will be good.
clayj wrote:
altontowerskid wrote:
Probably less to do with planning regs and more to do with budget.
DeanGaryCox

Am i the only one that thinks Ripsaw is a pile of rubbish, every time I have been on it over the past few years it has been on a programmed, very poor setting... Rameses Revenge at Chessington on the other hand, has the same setting, and then the ride resets for a more extreme setting, why can't Ripsaw do that! Theoretically I cannot see Submission or Enterprise being removed any time soon with its latest refurb, and also can't see Blade or Ripsaw going for a couple of years... That leaves Dark Forest, it is in desperate need of a flat, and so many could fit so well with the idea of tree branches etc. I would love to see (and apparently it was a concept design as well) a setup of several robocoasters (or whatever they're called, and a sufficient amount of them at that to cope with throughput), that would fit perfectly; Whatever flat ride it is, it needs to be in Dark Forest, and something Merlin don't already have in Thorpe Park.
Image 2014
rhino18

Getting rid of Blade would be a silly move, considering it is VERY popular with families, due to its low height restriction.
schmatt

rhino18 wrote: Getting rid of Blade would be a silly move, considering it is VERY popular with families, due to its low height restriction.
Wouldn't say its a popular attraction. Don't think i've seen the boat full in years! I believe Ripsaw and Blade have been mentioned in the MTDP to be removed. I'd love to see The Blade replaced with either a small gyroswing (Maelstrom, Flip-Flop) or a S&S Screaming Swing. Both would have to have the pit deepened slightly to abide the height restrictions at Alton. Screaming Swings have the advantage of a low height restriction (1.2m if im correct) compared to the 1.4m found on most gyroswings however the compressed air to power the ride is incredibly loud and I can't see locals will be too pleased with this.

As for Ripsaw, simply replace it with a newer model, perhaps floorless and add some fire effects and a ride soundtrack. Its one of Alton's most popular rides and still generates a lengthily queue. Emphasis on a theme could be an idea, perhaps with a pre-show or just queue line videos.

Dark Forest is in desperate need of a family-thrill flat ride to sit on the old Ug-Swinger site. Katanga Canyon and Gloomy Wood also could benefit from a flat or two, however space here is limited.
ManiaMuse

I honestly think they just need something family friendly but on the more thrilling end. Even something like a Huss Breakdance, I know they're old-hat but put it in Ugland and theme it to wraiths or something.

Wasn't a Huss Topple Tower rumoured for a while?

Looks pretty cool, though can imagine it being a maintenance nightmare.
bensaund

The problem with the Blade is its in the wrong location, it really needs to be in Mutany Bay
If you go down to the woods today
coastercrazy18

bensaund wrote: The problem with the Blade is its in the wrong location, it really needs to be in Mutany Bay
its a blade not a pirat ship but i can see where you are coming from. I think that the topple tower would be good where blade is now and if they where to replace ripsaw i think that it would be cool to actualy design a new type of flat ride and make a worlds first. What was there before blade and ripsaw was it thunder looper and the alton mouse or something?
DrReeve

coastercrazy18 wrote:
bensaund wrote: The problem with the Blade is its in the wrong location, it really needs to be in Mutany Bay
its a blade not a pirat ship but i can see where you are coming from. I think that the topple tower would be good where blade is now and if they where to replace ripsaw i think that it would be cool to actualy design a new type of flat ride and make a worlds first. What was there before blade and ripsaw was it thunder looper and the alton mouse or something?
The pit bit where blade is. Is where thunder looper was and then in the area around air and ripsaw was The Alton Beast The Jet star III one.

Alton could add something like a maelstorm sort of ride in the pit where blade is now. Maybe it would need to be made deeper but i could see it working well
Image credit to Lewis97
coastercrazy18

yes the alton beast thats it. ye i think maelstorm would be good but i still think they should do something differant that no park in the uk has. if they did do maelstorm it would be relly googd for alton towers and i would deffinatly go on it though.
DrReeve wrote:
coastercrazy18 wrote:
The pit bit where blade is. Is where thunder looper was and then in the area around air and ripsaw was The Alton Beast The Jet star III one.

Alton could add something like a maelstorm sort of ride in the pit where blade is now. Maybe it would need to be made deeper but i could see it working well
daveclarkedaveclarke

I think one of these Huss jump2 rides themed as an out of control tree would really suit the dark forest