What type of major flat would you like to see next?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
daveclarkedaveclarke

Well this is Atmos fear on the fair circuit at the moment and i must say its the best flat Ive ever ridden. Not sure where one could be located.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTYD9xOrXe8
Burniel

What I'd like to see:

Top spinner
Sky swat (though unlikely with problems at thorpe)
Flying Carpet
Robot arm
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
tcw1993

I'd like to see a tame flat ride. Not as tame as the blade but not as intense as ripsaw. Something like a fabbri smashing jump? That could totally work especially in the dark forest!
i love sub terra. By the looks of it, the only one.
Danny

Ilovecoasters wrote: What I'd like to see:

Top spinner
Sky swat (though unlikely with problems at thorpe)
Flying Carpet
Robot arm
Sky swats are a discontinued product hence why it is the worlds last and only working one. But even then it's shut. It's of the time :roll:
1996coaster

daveclarkedaveclarke wrote: Well this is Atmos fear on the fair circuit at the moment and i must say its the best flat Ive ever ridden. Not sure where one could be located.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTYD9xOrXe8
I was thinking of a ride virtually the same as a Loop Fighter (AtmosFear), although the one I had in mind is a new model Technical Park have recently released with much less footprint needed and definitely under tree height.

▬▬▬▬▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬▬▬▬▬
Ripsaw Raver

12 person capacity won't get very far lol
CHECK OUT MY FLICKR PHOTOSTREAM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djthorpeimages/

Why is Nemesis Inferno really Inferior
MitchHawker Steel CoasterPoll 2012
Nemesis at #12
Nemesis Inferno at#123
lf2001

I would like to see one in the Dark Forest. Dont really mind which type, but I think the area is in need of more attractions.
Last edited by lf2001 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stealthsmiler

I would like to see these additions

Mutiny Bay - Huss Breakdancer 4
Adventure Land - S&S Jungle Swing (different theme), childrens version of Rush
Forbidden Valley (Ripsaw site) - Zamperla Super Spin
Forbidden Valley (Blade site) - Zamperla Mini/Midi Discovery (depending on height restrictions)
Dark Forest - Chance Rides Unicoaster

All smallish flats so AT doesnt have to worry about the height restrictions. Apart from those two in forbidden valley, all these should be additions not replacements.

I also think Enterprise has a bit of life left in it and is should have a large cover thing put over the centre with the spiral pattern that makes up one of the smilers eyes. This way when its going, it will look like its one of those hypnotizing things and could be made part of the smilers theming
Oblivion guy

Ride like Samurai in Dark Forest O:)
Rollermad

^ this could be good maybe bring back boneshaker (may be discontinued) with tree theming etc. Zipper at Submission anyone? Haha probably not :D
Count-Vonduel

As we all know Alton Towers needs more flat rides so I want to know what flat rides you want to see in the park, where and what theme.

Here is mine

1:- Boneshaker

This looks like an extremwly fun ride, this could be in Dark Forest and be themed around a tree or it could be in X Sector in the old site of Submission (R.I.P) with the Energiser theme.

2:- Tilt Tower

This looks like a pretty decent family ride, this could be in Mutiny Bay themed around a shipwreck or it could be in Dark Forest themed around a tree being cut down by people trying to stop the spread of the curse of the Dark Forest.

3:- Dancing Pavillion
http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/products ... ion-en-US/
This looks like a very good family ride that can be enjoyed by all ages, I can imagine this being in CCL with a similer theme to the Twirling Toadstool.

4:- Balloon Race

This ride is alot faster than it looks and is really fun...it was also one of my fave rides at American Adventure (R.I.P). This could be in the Dark Forest themed around a big tree (possibly the Chained Oak) and the seats could be made to look like a clump of bark or vines although it could also fit in CCL.

5:- What am I looking at

I'm not sure what this thing is but it looks really fun. This could be in Mutiny Bay with a sea storm theme or it could be in Dark Forest with the theme of a bus being attacked by tree roots.

6:- Taga J

I can almost guarantee that this will be a hit with the kiddies. This could work very well inside Wobble World in CCL.

7:- HAPPY HAPPY FUN TIME SWING...I promise to never say that again.

I would love to see a version of this at Alton but slightly bigger so adults and children can both find it entertaining, This could be in Forbidden Valley (near Air) or Mutiny Bay themed as a hammoc hanging from palm trees, in Dark Forest themed as tree roots and vines or Cbeebies Land themed as an IP but that would probably harm the rides popularity as Cbeebies Land's target audience may find it too intimidating and anyone older than 5 may be too embaressed to ride it soully for the fact that it is in Cbeebies Land.

I would love to see what you come up with.
DeanGaryCox

I think each land needs to try and accommodate in some way for all ages (besides young children which isn't always possible when they have their own exclusive lands anyway), but Forbidden Valley has The Blade for families and well not short of thrill rides, X sector seems to be exclusive to thrill seekers at the moment so possibly needs something along the family lines to replace Submission. Dark Forest is crying out for a flat ride. If Adventure Land is to be a land it needs more than just Sonic Spinball! Gloomy Wood has always seemed a bit pointless as a one ride land, and as a rollercoaster isn't practical at least needs a flat ride of some sort. I've listed them in what order I think there will be some change. Katanga Canyon ideally needs a flat ride.

SUBMISSION (Replacement): Couldn't have guessed the ride would have been removed just yet, although don't think Alton knew either as they probably came across a problem not worth keeping the relatively unpopular ride. I personally would like to see, which may be a controversial choice due to its low throughput but if Chessington, Drayton Manor and now Thorpe can have one, is Dodgems/Bumper Cars!

ENTERPRISE: I don't really want to see this ride go, even though I rarely go in it due to it being amongst the few rides that make me feel sick, it fits so perfect in the banked turn on Oblivion and really would be a shame to see it removed and what could possibly go there... which is where i think if Enterprise was to be removed, it could be combined with the (now free) area of submission for possibly a Disk'O coaster, or some larger flat ride.

RIPSAW: If the cross valley coaster of some form ever happens, then I'm guessing this area will probably be used... if not, I can't necessarily see Alton replacing it with another top spin even if the new version is slightly different with front and back facing seats. In terms of timescale i could see it being removed as early as 2016/2017, but honestly not sure what to be replaced by.

ADVENTURE LAND: The future of this area is dependant on the future of Sonic Spinball as no-one knows how long it's going to stay, and as it is originally quite a cheap ride investment, and apparently not too keen on it spoiling the view from the entrance looking at the towers. But if sonic is to stay it seriously needs a flat ride in the area of some form, most likely a family thrilling one (just like Sonic is as a rollercoaster) - or alternatively be an add-on to Cebeebies Land as CBBC, with Sonic getting a retheme and a flat ride to be added. Most likely it will be left as it is for the next few years and will probably get removed/moved, and Cebeebies Land expanded which seems a pretty obvious choice.

THE BLADE: If I'm perfectly honest I find it the most boring swinging ship I've been on, but the location for it, is perfect for what it is, and would happily see it replaced with another swinging ship when the time comes. I personally would want it to be replaced by a ride similar to Vortex at Thorpe Park or Maelstrom at Drayton Manor, which I guess is totally plausible even with the height restrictions, due to it being in a ditch - alternatively this little valley could possibly fit a Zamperla Disk'O Coaster.

GLOOMY WOOD: Duel as a standalone attraction in the land is a bit pointless, although I think the theme of the area itself is great could just do with squeezing in a flat ride somewhere... would love to see a Huss Breakdance come back to the park.

DARK FOREST: I wasn't too sure where a flat ride would fit in Dark Forest, but it certainly needs another attraction besides rollercoasters; i did see on google maps and was surprised how large the picnic area is, and if they could create another entrance to dark forest down that end as well as having a new flat ride there. What I thought would have been good, would have been the Twirling Toadstool (with the ride being themed to a tree) to be in Dark Forest with the added Water Effects like Monkey Swinger at Chessington to make the ride more interesting although the water effects should probably be toned down and on more of a spray setting as they do get you soaked! I remember seeing a concept (whether it was genuine or not) for Robot Arms to be in Dark Forest which would be amazing but at such a high cost for such low throughput almost seems a stupid choice! Either way some form of flat ride needs to belong in Dark Forest!

KATANGA CANYON: unless they intend to build a new coaster with the station area being between the Congo Rapids and The Flume which goes over Katanga Canyon, that plot of land mentioned could be put to good use with a flat ride, although would require a pretty long path to get to from in Katanga Canyon!

FORBIDDEN VALLEY (Air / New Entrance): If this new entrance goes ahead, which would create more room around air, I would love to see a Gerstlauer Sky Roller or Sky Flyer next to air as it fit's in with the Flight of air over the Oasis area at the other end of Forbidden Valley which really needs to happen after being scrapped.
Eirdy

I would love to see a Starshape.
My best idea would be a robot arm, In the dark! I find these rides confusing enough, so if it was to be in the dark it would be amazing!
Coasterfellow

I would like to see a launched free-fall tower in katanga canyon. It could be themed around a unstable mine shaft and at the beginning could be a dark ride section the car going through a mine horizontally setting up the story before connecting with the launch tower (similar to the tower of terror in wdw). Then you here a voice shouting "Its gonna blow!". Then you are blasted up the tower. The ride could be largely underground so that the tower doesn't to go to high. I know it is not really a flat ride but it is just a thought. ;)
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
skyscraper 01

^awesome idea!
Coasterfellow

skyscraper 01 wrote:^awesome idea!
StudiodeKadent

Mondial have three models of flat I think would be great:

Shake R4 (4-hub Shake ride).
Diablo (smaller than Top Scan so may fit under height restriction).
Roll Over (as a replacement for Ripsaw).

The Shake R4 could replace Enterprise (maybe it should be relocated because its really a family ride rather than a thrill ride), the Diablo could replace Submission (and provide some great near-misses with Oblivion's brake run perhaps) and the Roll Over would be a perfect upgrade from Ripsaw.

Mondial's rides are very well-engineered and comfy too, so they'd be a firm I'd think deserving of a long hard look.

Huss Rides apparently aren't the best on maintenance.

Zamperla have some good stuff too.

KMG and Moser... well... their restraints are rather painful.
lucy2244

Unlike some, I think that Alton needs another quite thrilling flat ride. With the new addition of cbeebies land and the really quite extensive range of family friendly rides (the flume, RMT, rapids, sonic spinball, heave ho, battle galleons, Ice age ect.) There aren't near to enough thrilling rides to even it out. The thrilling flats that Alton currently has are ripsaw and enterprise. I think that's quite a poor show for such a well renowned theme park. The flat rides are not up to scratch especially with submission- no matter how painful it was- now out of action.
So I think that another thrilling flat, placed either at the old submission site or somewhere within the dark forest, would be quite beneficial to the park and would break up the queues for the few really thrilling rides avaliable.
Coasterfellow

http://www.fabbrigroup.com/MEP/default. ... menuid=971 This would make a great addtition to the x sector! You could put the Ministry of Joy logo on the other end of the ride and have it painted in black, orange, yellow and silver. It would look quite cool I think :)
:yes:
Danny

Think it'd be far to big for the space they have without removing enterprise too.