Alton Towers - Winged Coaster?

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
cookiee_munster

if there is to be one, and on the air car park id love to see some kind of nemesis/air hybrid kind of theme. keeping a lot of the original carpark elements to make it look like the ride has burst right out of the ground.
schmatt

The Terminator wrote: With the height restriction at AT there is unlikely to be a 300foot plus high wing rider.
I was not suggesting Alton get a 300ft coaster, just that B&M are becoming more 'adventurous' with their coaster designs and I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out a launch coaster. Sorry for the confusion, my first post wasn't too clear.
WhatARoaster

schmatt wrote:
The Terminator wrote: With the height restriction at AT there is unlikely to be a 300foot plus high wing rider.
I was not suggesting Alton get a 300ft coaster, just that B&M are becoming more 'adventurous' with their coaster designs and I wouldn't be surprised if they brought out a launch coaster. Sorry for the confusion, my first post wasn't too clear.
Im sure in general B & M are against the idea of launched coasters. That's why theres only 1, and even then they didnt do the launch, it was sub-contracted.
rhino18

^It's not that they're against the idea, it's just not their priority. If a park wanted one they would certainly consider it. When Leviathan was announced, it was surprising, as B&M had said previously that they'd prefer not to. That's the same situation with launched coasters.
TB2

The Terminator wrote: +1 on the avoiding B&M though, too expensive, too big and to be frank too boring.
In what way are B&M boring?
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Henry

I'm fairly sure that B&M said that if a park wanted a launch coaster, they would consider because they are getting more adventurous.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
rhino18

TB2 wrote:
The Terminator wrote: +1 on the avoiding B&M though, too expensive, too big and to be frank too boring.
In what way are B&M boring?
They're not.
andy86

I'd like to see a sit-down B&M launch coaster.
clayj

cookiee_munster wrote: if there is to be one, and on the air car park id love to see some kind of nemesis/air hybrid kind of theme. keeping a lot of the original carpark elements to make it look like the ride has burst right out of the ground.
Car park themeing = six flags towers of Alton
[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
Henry

clayj wrote:
cookiee_munster wrote: if there is to be one, and on the air car park id love to see some kind of nemesis/air hybrid kind of theme. keeping a lot of the original carpark elements to make it look like the ride has burst right out of the ground.
Or around the outer edges is car park that has been ripped up and cars thrown everywhere and something that has either landed or come up from the ground. That way, not car park, but car park theming.

If done properly, it could look really good and could really be done like the ride 'landed' there and caused destruction.
Credit to Lewis97 for the signature!
clayj

Henry wrote:
clayj wrote:
Or around the outer edges is car park that has been ripped up and cars thrown everywhere and something that has either landed or come up from the ground. That way, not car park, but car park theming.

If done properly, it could look really good and could really be done like the ride 'landed' there and caused destruction.
I think we may have seen that before....

[align=center]Image

ɹǝןıɯs ǝɥʇ[/align]
rhino18

^The person in the first picture, in the backwards seat, looks very flourescent, against the sinister black backdrop. ;)
altontowerskid

I know people will always keep begging for new high-thrill coasters, but I honestly feel that after The Smiler is here, the arrangement of coasters is complete for now. The Towers need to focus on other types of attractions. I can honestly say that if they announced a B&M Wingrider in the near future, I would be disappointed.
scw55

clayj wrote:
Henry wrote:
clayj wrote: Car park themeing = six flags towers of Alton

I think we may have seen that before....

(don't want a tower of images)[/img]
But The Swarm is built on re-claimed land.
Basically, the Swarm story is (according to the point you're trying to make) someone decided to build a village in the middle of a lake. They built a mound of earth and decided to build a Chapel. Then unfortunately The Swarm attacked. That sounds stupid.

The point which was being made was that a car park already existed there and the Roller Coaster simply look like an 'organic' evolution of the area. If it was like The Swarm, The Swarm would be entirely over water.

I like the idea of a Coaster 'crashing' or 'rupturing' from a pre-existing area... but we already have Nemesis which essentially did that. Maybe for another theme park.
DrReeve

How many times no no no wing rider for alton. Thorpe only took nemesis as it used the publicity.Alton doesn't need to use the publicity. The swarm is a good ride and I like wing riders but its just not Alton
Image credit to Lewis97
SmilingMonkey

altontowerskid wrote: I know people will always keep begging for new high-thrill coasters, but I honestly feel that after The Smiler is here, the arrangement of coasters is complete for now. The Towers need to focus on other types of attractions. I can honestly say that if they announced a B&M Wingrider in the near future, I would be disappointed.
I agree whole heartedly with this, as much as the high end thrills are what I go to ANY theme park for, I would like to see AT develop the softer rides too. Indoor attractions are essential when it comes to wet/windy days, the flume needs an overhaul/replacement and I doubt he'll be wanting stag/hen parties in that lovely lodge development. No, they'll be looking for families to take up residency there, I guarantee that the next lot of (ride) investment will not be another coaster.
Alton Towers, Animal Kingdom (WDW), Blizard Beach (WDW), Chessington World of Adventures, Epcot (WDW), Hollywood Studios (WDW), Legoland, Magic Kingdom (WDW), PortAventura, Seaworld (Orlando), Thorpe Park, Typhoon Lagoon (WDW), Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure
rhino18

DrReeve wrote: How many times no no no wing rider for alton. Thorpe only took nemesis as it used the publicity.Alton doesn't need to use the publicity. The swarm is a good ride and I like wing riders but its just not Alton
No No No. MERLIN took Nemesis for THEIR park and used it as a ride.
arsenalfan-1

IMO I would quite like to see a wing-rider at AT because 'The Swarm' is a great ride and I think AT could do a good job of their own. However, I'm not sure Merlin will want to do this because I don't think they will want similar style rides at both. On top of that if AT does a better job than TP it may reduce crowds at TP and I think Merlin want a relatively equal split. :moj
Thanks Lewis97
Boz

rhino18 wrote:
DrReeve wrote: How many times no no no wing rider for alton. Thorpe only took nemesis as it used the publicity.Alton doesn't need to use the publicity. The swarm is a good ride and I like wing riders but its just not Alton
No No No. MERLIN took Nemesis for THEIR park and used it as a ride.
*cough* Tussauds! *cough*

Merlin have so far had nothing to do with any inter-park ride theme copying. Ride type's, yes, but not themes.
Do I see Merlin copying the Swarms theme for Towers?.... No I severely doubt it.
LPAJ13

arsenalfan-1 wrote: IMO I would quite like to see a wing-rider at AT because 'The Swarm' is a great ride and I think AT could do a good job of their own. However, I'm not sure Merlin will want to do this because I don't think they will want similar style rides at both. On top of that if AT does a better job than TP it may reduce crowds at TP and I think Merlin want a relatively equal split. :moj
Nemesis - Nemesis Inferno
Rita - Stealth
Rapids - rapids
Flume - Flume
Saw: The Ride - Smiler

Nope, can't see any connection... or having the same type of ride in each park...
Its not what ya take out that works, its what you put in that makes it work