Rita: 2005 Launched Coaster

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Babyshambled

i'm sure someone said it was going to have a worlds first element - so maybe aqua track with inversion then?
Ron_Mc_Don

The main thing is that its going to be a europes first.
andysj

New element... Dive loop into water splash!!! Hahaha, excellent, that'd be something different :D I really do think its still going to be an Intamin rocket coaster, hopefully it'll have a least 1 or 2 inversions, even if they were just barrel rolls. There must be something more to this layout, something special in it if the ride was to be aimed at 18-30 year olds or whatever it was, surely that says major thrills? Heres hoping! :wink:
spark

This is stupid, Lets see the proper plans lol, it would be a lot easier if it was a clone of Kanonen.

If its a europes first then is there any other launch coasters before this?
Anonymous

Well i think that the plans which have been shown, both diffrent ones hold the key to all of this mystery. Funny though. One is not a blueprint, the other isnt :? :? :? Why have 2 diffrent types of plan if only one plan has been relased? Also, has been pointed out by a few people who it confuses also, why have one bit of a plan? Seems like part of it has been edited on a computer but maybe im wrong. Maybe im the only one brave enough to take the hassle of my post earlier on today, or maybe, just maybe I couldnt really care either way now.

Rita has certainly changed my life already. Fun or not, the way it has happened has really made me feel really bad today. I have been up and down quicker than Rita's launch area and going from ok to in tears in the space of 3 mins of each other. If it is mind games that is happening, ok you have beaten me, if its not then why do people say they have the plans and not give them all over instead of showing one part of the plans. Surly, if anyone one was to ask me for plans i would make sure all of the plan was taken and not just one part of it.

I have seen plans on here in the past before and they have been the whole plans, i just find of late and especially after Saturday with the reports that the meet up got that somehow people are trying to have a laugh at TTF's expence. Either with the plans, what people say they know or saying that we broke into Ugland.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

From being a well respected member of the forum today, i have made myself out to be jelious or trying to get people behind me to cause trouble. On the contary, its more about getting the truths out instead of anything else.

I hope Rita is planned to be, from what people in the know arer saying, to be a really good coaster.
Northern_Rider

i wonder when we will next see some constructions updates?
Anonymous

While i was working in UG LAND this season on games, i was still in UG LAND when it closed lol was on the only surviving game Penalty Shoot for the last 5 weeks as well as bunjee jump. I had to walk past the plannig office every day so could see the planns on the wall inside the workmen did not mind but i noticed that every so many days the planns changed until they started the foundation of course. i have seen some piccys on TTF some are old planns. one of the staff i worked with took a piccy on his mobile phone but he wont sent it me.

Just thought that might explain why there are so many different planns flying round.
Phil

Ok, look.

One thing which we are all forgetting is that all along we have been told that this ride is going to be big. It has been said on rideas that the ride will be aimed at the family audience. Well, IMO, that's complete and utter crap. A ride launching from 0-100 kph in less than 3 seconds isn't what i would call a family ride.

We KNOW that the ride has at least ONE inversion - the inline twist, this is CLEARLY visible on the plan, so we can safely say rita will have at least one inversion.

There are still things to be found out from RITA. This is a rush job, yes, but it doesn't mean we can't expect good things. There is alot more to that concrete area than meets the eye. It must be something special as why have they started work on it before even the footers are finished. It's going to be more just a building, it has to be.

Also remember this: we can't tell from looking at the plans if there are any bunny hills/air-time hills. The plans are very broad in a way, don't reflect RITA's true nature.

And i have heard already that ''RITA is going to s hit'' or ''i don't think i'll ride it, AT have made a poor decision buying it''. This really takes the p iss. How can you criticise a ride before you've even rode it! Looks can be desceiving, if you will.

My hole point of this post is this: Do we really think AT will bring us such a standard and boring ride? No. Course they won't, we have new management and they know what we want.

I've said this a few times now.... HAVE FAITH!
Sazzle

Judging by the standards shown at the park at the end of the season (i.e. more maintenance and general uplifts), I'd say we're on to a winner. This 'new' management seem to have a better grasp of what the public want, and have evidently been reading here to pick up on general points such as staff attitudes, litter, light bulbs etc. I agree with the 'Have Faith' attitude.

The likes of Steel Dragon 2000 would have looked damn boring on a plan! A straight line with a few turns before heading back parallell to the first straight line. What it wouldn't have shown would have been the multitude of ups and downs that make the ride.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet, they might come back and bite you on the bum ;)

Oh, and to those who may think it's an Aqua Trax, what about the RCDB information? Surely they wouldn't have been fed false information?

PS- To the person who didn't know Aqua Trax - linky to the only one currently in operation.
Adz
Admin
Admin

Oh, and to those who may think it's an Aqua Trax, what about the RCDB information? Surely they wouldn't have been fed false information
Yeah i know that now. but at the time several things seemed to fit with it being an Aqua Trax.
Satch

did anyone ever see the plans for the aqua trax? how similar are they to what we have here? assuming that these are the real plans anyway? come one those that have posted the plans, would it hurt you if you showed the full plan? its getting some people quite flustered. oh, and maybe without your white line traced over them? so we can see for ourselves...
Adz
Admin
Admin

the first ones werent even the plans, they were blueprints by the looks of it, why post those? why cut the end off?
Satch

well, blueprints are still plans, but yes, why cut the end off. i wasnt too sure this morning what exactly is the importance of this part missing, as we seem to have the major part of the ride shown, but it also happened to be the part that was concerning much concern with the whole ride before these prints appeared.

one other thing i noticed is that the curve from this mysterious building has been sut-off, although whoever posted the white-version of the plans (ill find the link in a bit) stuck this part on AFTER the original was posted, which was kind of sneaky really.

and whats with the fuss over footers? they dont have to be directly underneath the track. most footers are offset to accompany stress from the ride, and also when the track banks or inverts etc. i dont think footers are of majorly concern here
Javs

I find it startling to think that there are people out there that get off on the fact they know something I don't! Get a life! Anyway, to the rest of us that make proper use of this forum, I'm sure we won't have to wait long till all becomes clear. :D

P.S Anyone know anyone that will be taking piccies over the winter months?
Satch

ok, this is the plan i was talking about. the part on the right is added ontop of the original we saw

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/ ... aTrack.jpg

rather sneaky imo

and what is the blue area shown? water. but the paths are above this, unless the queue is above the track, but then due to the denseness of tha track, unlikely. the red area also baffles me.

on a side night, i cant work out corkie from either of these plans, call me blind, but no track appears there to me
richardlerwill3

Oh, and to those who may think it's an Aqua Trax, what about the RCDB information? Surely they wouldn't have been fed false information?
if it was an aqua trax, the we wouldn't have been fed false information, we've just been told it's an Intamin launch coaster, Aqua Trax IS a launched Intamin coaster.

although...it would mean you'd have to ignore the fact about Thorpe and Blackpool getting one.
Satch

Sarah-TTF,
well, it seems a lot of false information is going around, some directly from the horses mouth. i dont know which way to look anymore. its getting ridiculous. i know i should wait till its built. it would be much more exciting to see it is at is when its built, but i would only be able to do that if some people would stop with their Nah-nah-ne-nah-nah :poke: attitude.

yes, people out there have the plans. people on this very forum have the plans. and i dont care, as long as they dont tease us who dont and as Kitty very rightly said this morning, play mind games with us. if people were to keep to themselves the plans, then that would suit me fine. as it is, we have people out there who just act like they are better than themselves, and its not on.
Phil

[quote=""Nemeis Pro""]ok, this is the plan i was talking about. the part on the right is added ontop of the original we saw

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v199/ ... aTrack.jpg

rather sneaky imo

and what is the blue area shown? water. but the paths are above this, unless the queue is above the track, but then due to the denseness of tha track, unlikely. the red area also baffles me.

on a side night, i cant work out corkie from either of these plans, call me blind, but no track appears there to me[/quote]

It can't be water! And your blind!! :lol: I can see corkies track...
Satch

sorry,
and what is the blue area shown? water
was meant to be a question, as i was trying to work out what the blue bit is, as it cant be water as you said. and im still trying to see corkies track :|
Javs

is it possible that the blue and red areas indicate inversions. The points that they are at would be ideal for inversions? Has this already been said? :?