Rita: 2005 Launched Coaster

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Dan K

[quote=""kylies_kitty""]Oh Dan, to give us a bit more scale with rumors and plans, anyway you could get your impression of RITA and put Corky in ratio to where is it please? I think it would give people a lot more to go on, just looks a bit lonley there on its own as corky will be staying at least for next year.[/quote]
Sure, here's a drawing I did for ATA:

BTW in case anybody is wondering, the crossover is (I believe) above part of the Corkscrew station.
Satch

hmmm, the plans look, well, :? but from what has been going around, i guess it is impossible to see inversions etc. although i was thinking, what if there was an inversion on the launch? would certainly be a first, and exciting. i expect there will be a loop somwhere along the line too. and wat about those concrete foundations? what is going there?

and with rumours of rita being 'red hot' and other suggested names on a fire theme, could this be what was being talked about ages ago? the four elements - we have nemmie - earth, Air - well, air, and now rita - fire. what would be water? hmmm......
Anonymous

I read the messages on this topic everyday, but since i'm french, i can't post much...
I'm gonna try...

You're talking about an acceleration of 0-60 in 3sec... Actually it is not so fast.... At disneyland resort paris, you can find the rock'n'roller coaster which goes 0-100 in 2,7 sec, and you don't feel much when you're inside (mabye the first time is exciting but all the sensations disapear quickly)
but although it is not scary, this ride (the rock'n'roller coaster) is great ! My favourite in the whole world (but i've only been to disney and parc Astérix, and walibi so...) ! I hope RITA will be great to !
I also wanted to say that the Ug theme might stay (i don't think so but there are clues) : it hasn't been removed yet, and the phwoarrrr on rita's ad may be a kind of roar, why not a dino roar ?

I hope I haven't made too much mistakes...
Romency
Satch

your english is fine, welcome :D

im sure RITA will be amazing, although 0-100, is that kph or mph? im guessing its kph, as its europe, so it should be as fast as RITA
Anonymous

yes it's kph ! and i think there is no need placing inversions, but just bumps, to have airtimes !!!
selb

well altons is 100 kph so the same as the rock'n'roll coaster pretty much?
Anonymous

Well it's fast, but you don't feel much during the acceleration (i say again that the first time it's really scary, when you're in the queue line and you see the train start and wwoooop, it has gone (RNRC is indoor, so you only see the brakes before the launch area) but after three times, you feel nothing at all) so when rita will open, enjoy the first time you will ride it, it will be the best !
But even after thirty times (i'm talking about my love story with RNRC), the launch is great, but not scary !
Phil

[quote=""Romency""]I read the messages on this topic everyday, but since i'm french, i can't post much...
I'm gonna try...

You're talking about an acceleration of 0-60 in 3sec... Actually it is not so fast.... At disneyland resort paris, you can find the rock'n'roller coaster which goes 0-100 in 2,7 sec, and you don't feel much when you're inside (mabye the first time is exciting but all the sensations disapear quickly)
but although it is not scary, this ride (the rock'n'roller coaster) is great ! My favourite in the whole world (but i've only been to disney and parc Astérix, and walibi so...) ! I hope RITA will be great to !
I also wanted to say that the Ug theme might stay (i don't think so but there are clues) : it hasn't been removed yet, and the phwoarrrr on rita's ad may be a kind of roar, why not a dino roar ?

I hope I haven't made too much mistakes...
Romency[/quote]

It can't be 100mph for the rock N roll, it has to be 100kph. RITA is 0-100kph in 2.8 seconds, so they are more or less the same launch speeds.
Satch

but you don't feel much during the acceleration
as i said a while back, the g-force on the launch wont be that great, approximatly 1. course, ill be shot down for this for being wrong :D
Anonymous

i may b way behind here, but was looking on the intamin website yesterday for the launch coaster, and came across "dragster" at cedars point. its a 2 seater launch coaster, and it looks as tho thats whats going to be at alton towers, only at alton towers it wont be as fast or high. im sure it will still be pretty good tho.
selb

yep thats been established... but if i was starting from scratch i would wanna read all 38 pages of posts. :D
dafyd

[quote=""Romency""]You're talking about an acceleration of 0-60 in 3sec... Actually it is not so fast.... At disneyland resort paris, you can find the rock'n'roller coaster which goes 0-100 in 2,7 sec, and you don't feel much when you're inside (mabye the first time is exciting but all the sensations disapear quickly)
but although it is not scary, this ride (the rock'n'roller coaster) is great ! My favourite in the whole world (but i've only been to disney and parc Astérix, and walibi so...) ! I hope RITA will be great to ![/quote]
Tu parles tres bien l'anglais...! J'adore le 'Rock 'n' Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith'! Quand j'etais a Disneyland il y a un an, je l'ai monte (mauvais mot) 15 fois...! Si RITA est la meme sorte de roller coaster, je serai tres heureux!

Translation for the rest of you: No, your english is fine. I love the 'Rock 'n' Roller Coaster avec Aerosmith'! When I was at Disneyland a year ago I went on it 15 times...! If RITA is the same sort of coaster I'll be mega-happy.
Anonymous

thank you for posting in French ! your French is excellent ! (monté is the right word but it's not "je l'ai monté" whereas "j'y suis monté")
Howerver i dont' think it would be like RNRC, because RNRC is not a rocket coaster, i think rita will not have any inversion... but it will have the same launch, and it's great !
madmanwill

um...
arnt we forgetting something

EUROPEAN FIRST
Geoffa

[quote=""madmanwill""]um...
arnt we forgetting something

EUROPEAN FIRST[/quote]

By the looks of it it's a world's first... the world's first rocket coaster that does... nothing, not even the prerequisite top hat!!
RiK-SRi

[quote=""Geoffa""]
By the looks of it it's a world's first... the world's first rocket coaster that does... nothing, not even the prerequisite top hat!![/quote]

The man has a point!

I've still got a horrible feeling it will be an intamin booster bike of some sort. I'm preying it isn't though. We need another intense ride.
Geoffa

[quote=""RiK-SRi""][quote=""Geoffa""]
By the looks of it it's a world's first... the world's first rocket coaster that does... nothing, not even the prerequisite top hat!![/quote]

The man has a point!

I've still got a horrible feeling it will be an intamin booster bike of some sort. I'm preying it isn't though. We need another intense ride.[/quote]

It has been said somewhere that it's a 'family launch coaster'.
Ron_Mc_Don

Erm its aimed at 18-30 year olds
selb

if its aimed at that age range it needs to be a fair bit better than the design idea posted on here.
Northern_Rider

Towerstimes mag said it was a FAMILY ride, yet ages ago it was classed as a thrill for 18-30 yr olds.

Dan gave us a layout, other people who seem to know some things say the layout will be different.

If you look at everything, we still dont know a great deal apart from its intamin, a launched coaster and its in Ugland.