Rita: 2005 Launched Coaster

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
a.ndy

How about if Corky was actually the more stand alone ride (like AIR) rather than RITA??
geo

If the rita theme is not emphazised, then what would you call www.riderita.com?

so by going what your saying, they wouldnt advertise something in a certain way to confuse people...ie the racing theme...so applying the same principal,, if the woman in red is called rita and they have a website called riderita.com, surely this must suggest (using your logic) it will be called rita, otherwise it would be false advertising and confuse the GP.. :)
selb

ha thanks for that geo.. u put it better than i did
geo

we could also say the colour of the ride will be red and yellow, using that same logic..
a.ndy

I have already bloody said, They have not made the name RITA and big part of and advertising Other than the project name! and a clever play with words on, "Ride Rita". What this tells the GP is that "Oh, wait a min, this cant be the final ride name then", cos if it was AT would have made a bit more fuss about it! Also if peeps can actually read, AT have already put on riderita.com that RITA is a Project Name! Plus its a stupid name :P (even though i have kinda grown to like it in an odd stupid way, only cos i'm looking forward to this great racing themed Project RITA coaster :wink: hehe) :D We will just have to wait and see then peeps, but it aint gonna be called RITA :D :wink:
Anonymous

Its gone off onto names again.......... :(
geo

But they havent made a big deal of a racing theme either! you've just interperated it like that! a few blurred lines does not make a racing theme!

And the GP arent gonna think ooh that must be a project name, it just wouldnt occut to them about things like that! if they are seeing on a poster about a new coaster, with a name called rita, and website called riderita.com, they are automatically gonna think, its called rita....

the very same way you thought of racing when u saw the poster!
Again im using your logic of false advertising!
a.ndy

Sorry, yes, can we take this to the Topic made for this names debate please :D i still have stuff to say :)
madmanwill

:roll: come on people lets talk about the coaster not what its called it could be called "the dog turd express" but if it was a good thrilling coaster i would still ride it i dont care what its called :roll:
thats my shout of the year done back to the normal me :? :?

will
Satch

oh my god, my head hurts after reading all that. CHILL people. please. that was just ridiculous.

soo, jamesbailey - i wish you best of luck in finding the plans:D
a.ndy

yea, i hope you can, will be great news.
soo, jamesbailey - i wish you best of luck in finding the plans:D
Are you pretty confident you can do this? :?

good luck though :D
samurai

[quote=""geo""]But they havent made a big deal of a racing theme either! you've just interperated it like that! a few blurred lines does not make a racing theme![/quote]

No, maybe not, but the bloody Checkered black and white flag in the background does!
Babyshambled

[quote=""samurai""][quote=""geo""]But they havent made a big deal of a racing theme either! you've just interperated it like that! a few blurred lines does not make a racing theme![/quote]

No, maybe not, but the bloody Checkered black and white flag in the background does![/quote]

Clutching at straws here but it could be a ska themed coaster :D:D:D
a.ndy

Think we got to admit its pretty much got to be a Racing Theme though! ](*,) lol :D
Satch

ill just emphasise the point ive been making for ages. dont take things at face value. we dont have to admit anything. it may or may not be a racing theme, or the sign may be simply designed to put the image of speed and thrills into peoples craniums. im sure At have plenty of surprises up their sleeves (they certainly did this year). nothing is cert. till the fat lady sings...and i havnt got the mike in me hands yet...
a.ndy

lol okies guess i'm just "speculating again then :wink:

:D
Anonymous

[quote=""Nemeis Pro""]nothing is cert. till the fat lady sings...and i havnt got the mike in me hands yet...[/quote]

now i dont belive that for a second nemesis pro :wink:
Satch

well its try. I havnt seen Mike for a while :wink:
a.ndy

LOL :lol:

Now Now, don't be too hard on yourself Nemi Pro :D
geo

[quote=""Nemeis Pro""]ill just emphasise the point ive been making for ages. dont take things at face value. we dont have to admit anything. it may or may not be a racing theme, or the sign may be simply designed to put the image of speed and thrills into peoples craniums[/quote]

Thank you - ive been saying that all day!