Mutiny Bay: New Family Coaster Concept

Got an idea of how the Alton Towers Resort may develop over the coming seasons? Discuss it here.
Liam-AltonTowers

These unofficial plans created by John Burton Creative I found were very interesting and thought I'd share them on here to hear everyone's idea. John Burton comes up with ride ideas and sometimes get's them right like he did with Nemesis Sub-Terra - he imagined it before it even was released.

Here are the plans for an unofficial coaster named Mermasnatch:

Here is a advertising poster:

Here are the car designs:

Here are the station plans showing North, East, South and West elevations:

RIDE EXPERIENCE:

As part of the ride experience the lift hill will play a vital role in the story telling of the attraction. The car will enter onto the lift hill in the darkness with a H2O projector simulating water.

The lights will then illuminate what appears to be a net around the carriage. Voices and sound effects combined will simulate being trapped in a net and being hoisted to the surface.

Once the lift hill has reached the summit, the attraction will then release the cars out and into an outdoor coaster like section. Here is a concept image of the lift hill process:

Leave your ideas below.
Last edited by Liam-AltonTowers on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to Lewis97, thanks for the amazing signature!
MC4

That looks pretty awesome, it would be good because in the LTDP it states that they will be removing the Flume, so this could easily replace it  :D
Liam-AltonTowers

MC4 wrote: That looks pretty awesome, it would be good because in the LTDP it states that they will be removing the Flume, so this could easily replace it  :D
Yeah, to be honest I'd rather they replaced the flume with this rather than another water ride. There are many other ares in the park where water rides can be built so it wouldn't be bad if this replaced the flume.

MC4

LiamLovesRollercoasters! wrote:
MC4 wrote: That looks pretty awesome, it would be good because in the LTDP it states that they will be removing the Flume, so this could easily replace it  :D
Yeah, to be honest I'd rather they replaced the flume with this rather than another water ride. There are many other ares in the park where water rides can be built so it wouldn't be bad if this replaced the flume.
Well said i think that this ride seems to be very well themed, if you look at the way The Flume is themed i dred to think of what could replace it  :x
GoldWolf

Love it love it love it. Just what the park needs; a well-themed thrilling family coaster.

I'm sure this would be a star attraction if it ever got built. A good indoor section with a large outside drop, underwater tunnels and an awesome looking launch section.  :D
altontowerskid

This area is crying out for a good coaster incorporating water.

The view of the coaster would be fantastic using the same entrance and queue system in place now, surrounding the lake, and it is an area not lacking in space :) I really hope this is like the next big thing we see, could be fantastic! :D
NickReid

So does this mean it has been pulled?! Looks awesome!
Rob
Admin
Admin

NickReid wrote: So does this mean it has been pulled?! Looks awesome!
These are unofficial plans by John Burton Creative.
cookiee_munster

its great! love it!

build it. NOW!!! :p
Themeparksandy1981

What is it about replacing every ride with a rollercoaster design. I ain't against coasters but at this rate there be more coasters than flat rides.

But I do like that design and the only place it could go is the flume site.
Liam-AltonTowers

Themeparksandy1981 wrote: What is it about replacing every ride with a rollercoaster design. I ain't against coasters but at this rate there be more coasters than flat rides.

But I do like that design and the only place it could go is the flume site.
Your right because the theme park does need more flats but Mutiny Bay is an are without a roller coaster so by adding this wouldn't make a difference to all the other areas in the park where flats can be built.

DrReeve

from the image maybe like this http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/assets/p ... P1FC01.jpg

Gestlauer Family Coaster
Image credit to Lewis97
Liam-AltonTowers

DrReeve wrote: from the image maybe like this http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/assets/p ... P1FC01.jpg

Gestlauer Family Coaster
It does look identical to the car design on the planning sheets, I found this image as well  and the station seems to resemble the plans as well, maybe this roller coaster could well be a Gestlauer Family Coaster.

MattsDesigns

LiamLovesRollercoasters! wrote: John Burton comes up with ride ideas and sometimes get's them right like he did with Nemesis Sub-Terra - he imagined it before it even was released.
On face value that sounds more fascinating than the ride concept. I have to ask; How does he know what the rides are going to be like? Going on what you said he sounds like some kind of visionary lol.

P.S. Here are all my Nautical themed ideas. http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/the-edge ... #msg677193 There is one or 2 corkers in there NOT GONNA LIE.
Last edited by MattsDesigns on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look at my space themed dark ride concept:
http://mattsdesigns.webs.com/space.html
All of my Themepark ideas, here & on the website are free to use by anyone.
Liam-AltonTowers

MattsDesigns wrote:
LiamLovesRollercoasters! wrote: John Burton comes up with ride ideas and sometimes get's them right like he did with Nemesis Sub-Terra - he imagined it before it even was released.
On face value that sounds more fascinating than the ride concept. I have to ask; How does he know what the rides are going to be like? Going on what you said he sounds like some kind of visionary lol.

P.S. Here are all my Nautical themed ideas. http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/the-edge ... #msg677193 There is one or 2 corkers in there NOT GONNA LIE.
What I mean is when Nemesis Sub-Terra was announced and there were posters saying what lies beneath and stuff. At that point none of us knew the ride would a drop tower judging by the plans. However John Burton created a poster showing all the features that Nemesis Sub-Terra actually has. All I was meaning was these plans are his idea but they are a good guess at what the flume replacement could actually be.

cookiee_munster

ok, are there two parts where the track actually goes under the lake???

God, this really needs to be built! its great! :)
abigsmurf

Alton Towers have a great family coaster in the mine train and arguably a "family coaster with a twist" in thirteen.

Seems very strange putting a third one in, especially at the expense of having something approaching a log flume.

Perhaps a flying dutchman type ride but not a pure coaster. A big theme park without a flume/waterchute type ride would be strange (and it could even affect some families going to it),
Liam-AltonTowers

abigsmurf wrote: Alton Towers have a great family coaster in the mine train and arguably a "family coaster with a twist" in thirteen.

Seems very strange putting a third one in, especially at the expense of having something approaching a log flume.

Perhaps a flying dutchman type ride but not a pure coaster. A big theme park without a flume/waterchute type ride would be strange (and it could even affect some families going to it),
As I said earlier Alton Towers have many other areas in the park to build a log flume type ride and it is already said in the LTDP that the flume will be going so this could replace it. There are only two official family coaster that are Sonic Spin ball and Runaway Mine Train. Thirteen is classed as a thrill ride as the drop is quite thrilling so adding another family coaster isn't really going to matter. Anyway I hope this roller coaster if it ever gets built will be a Mack Mega Coaster, I know there thrill coaster but they can be tamed to become a family ride. The one called Manta at Sea World San diego looks awesome - I hope it will be like but the cars will be themed as boats as shown on the plans:

Also Mack Rides offer a train design very similar to the one shown in the plans:

Last edited by Liam-AltonTowers on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

b2311e

It's an interesting concept, and I agree that something needs to be 'new' in that area soon.

Am I the only one that noticed the similarity between the layout of this plan and RMT? It was only for a few seconds though  :oops: :lol:
Liam-AltonTowers

b2311e wrote: It's an interesting concept, and I agree that something needs to be 'new' in that area soon.

Am I the only one that noticed the similarity between the layout of this plan and RMT? It was only for a few seconds though  :oops: :lol:
They look the same but I don't think they are otherwise the guy that made them would just be copying.